Low reading on the 103?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I get mid 90's on 110 and 101 but 103 is only in the 70's. Is this normal or did the installer not peak the dish right? It would seem the 103 would be at the same strength. 99 is not turned on in my area yet.:confused:

I get mid 90's on 110 and 101 but 103 is only in the 70's. Is this normal or did the installer not peak the dish right? It would seem the 103 would be at the same strength. 99 is not turned on in my area yet.:confused:

What's your zip code??

What's your zip code??

70448 (New Orleans Locals) I get 57 on a H20 so by adding the usual 20 points that only comes to 77. Thanks for any information.

If that is your best transponder reading on 103 it is much too low....your dish almost certainly needs alignment.

I agree...sounds like it may need to be fine tuned to peak the 99/103 sats.

Thanks for the input. Nothing is offered yet where I live on 99. What should I fool with to tweak the 103? I had a hard time getting 119 and now that is also in the mid 90's. So I'm a little spooked messing with it but I don't want to call a D* tech because most of them in this area seemed to have been plucked from the French Quarter and D* threw a shirt on them.:)

Thanks for the input. Nothing is offered yet where I live on 99. What should I fool with to tweak the 103? I had a hard time getting 119 and now that is also in the mid 90's. So I'm a little spooked messing with it but I don't want to call a D* tech because most of them in this area seemed to have been plucked from the French Quarter and D* threw a shirt on them.:)

Peaking it is a fairly easy process. For those that don't know how to do it, here's a brief refresher.

1) Peak the dish to maximum signal strength on the 101
2) Peak the dish to the maximum signal strength on the 119 using the tilt adjustments only.
3) Use the fine tuning bolts from here on out:
4)Set the indicator mark to Zero and turn the elevation bolt counter clockwise 2-3 turns, depending upon what you're using for a signal meter. Record your signal reading.
5) Turn the elevation bolt clockwise until you get the same signal reading as in step 4, counting the total number of turns (and fractions of turns) that it took.
6) Divide the total number of turns by 2. Set your indicator mark to Zero again and turn the elevation bolt counter clockwise to that number of turns.
7) Repeat steps 4-6 using the azimuth bolt instead.

This should balance out the signals and give you the most signal strength on the 99/103

Peaking it is a fairly easy process. For those that don't know how to do it, here's a brief refresher.

1) Peak the dish to maximum signal strength on the 101
2) Peak the dish to the maximum signal strength on the 119 using the tilt adjustments only.
3) Use the fine tuning bolts from here on out:
4)Set the indicator mark to Zero and turn the elevation bolt counter clockwise 2-3 turns, depending upon what you're using for a signal meter. Record your signal reading.
5) Turn the elevation bolt clockwise until you get the same signal reading as in step 4, counting the total number of turns (and fractions of turns) that it took.
6) Divide the total number of turns by 2. Set your indicator mark to Zero again and turn the elevation bolt counter clockwise to that number of turns.
7) Repeat steps 4-6 using the azimuth bolt instead.

This should balance out the signals and give you the most signal strength on the 99/103

Thank you for copying and pasting the manual. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)