Lower signal on 72.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

purwater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Bluefield, VA
Is anyone having signal strength issues with the 72.5 sat? When I installed my 2 dishes about a month ago I got 93-94 consistently on my 72.5 sat and 95 on my 101 sat. I checked my sat signal on 72.5 a week ago and again yesterday and noticed it was in the 83-84 range. Same on all 4 receivers in the house. I ran through the transponders and all were within a couple percent of the 83 level. During a rain yesterday the levels dropped to the mid 50s and I got an occasional dropout. Today I tried to realign the dish figuring something might've bumped it out of position, but the 83-84 is the best signal possible. I know my signal is strong enough to watch, but I can't see what would cause this drop. I like to keep my dishes tuned to the max signal to reduce my rain fade. Any input is appreciated. Oh and the weather was clear today when I tried the realign.

Assuming you checked for obvious line of sight issues, it is possible water leaked into a connection point along the runs and/or the switch(s) (the effects could remain long after it stopped raining), or there is a loose/bad connector(s) or damage to the coax.

Yeah line of sight isn't an issue. I have a clear view of the sky with no trees for several miles in that direction. The multiswitch is mounted in a dry area and yesterday is the first rain we've had in several weeks. I noticed the signal drop last week before any rain. About the only place water could come in contact with a connector is at the lnb itself. I wouldn't think water could enter there very easily but I can check tomorrow.

Except for a few transponders, I'm getting 88-92 on my 72.5 dish. Transponders 18 and 24 seem to be hovering around 83 though. I'm in Champaign, IL.

Stan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts