LPB on 87W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Anybody scan in those PBS stations from Louisiana lately? Haven't tried in a while but haven't been able to see them any more. I may have missed an update but I used to be able to get them on a 1m dish on 87w ku.

They were gone several times over the past few days when I turned to them to watch but they were there a few hours ago though. It is used for sports sometimes and the frequency changes. There is an old thread somewhere on here about it that I remember reading.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
I'm getting them now, though quite by accident and I wouldn't recommend doing it how I did it.

Couple of days ago I side swipped my Ku dish and one of my Slimlines with my F600's mirror and now the LPB's are coming in again, but pretty much nothing else on that dish. (Motorized dish)

Broke the LNB holder right off the Slimline.:facepalm

They're up right now.:)

Thanks, I tried a few times at night last week, but not on Friday, I know they sometimes used that "feed" channel that used to be there, for high school football.
Raine, I don't have an F600, do you think if I mine hard enough with the riding mower it might do it? LOL
edit: Got 'em! had to do that one on manual scan, for some reason, but they work fine now.

Last edited:
Reactions: . Raine
Thanks, I tried a few times at night last week, but not on Friday, I know they sometimes used that "feed" channel that used to be there, for high school football.
Raine, I don't have an F600, do you think if I mine hard enough with the riding mower it might do it? LOL
edit: Got 'em! had to do that one on manual scan, for some reason, but they work fine now.

Put the mower back in the shed until next time! :biggrin

I am getting LPB with a 30inch dish. It looks like the signal is weaker since last week or so on my microHD. It used to be around 30% and now it's a weak 9% at best (signal quality - signal level still at 90%). I've tried to re-aim but no improvement. The other TPs have not changed. I have not tried to do a new blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)