LPB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
What happened the LPB's signal these past few weeks? Every Saturday night right before the British sitcoms their signal goes from a 60+% to 2-5% and breaks up while every other channel on AMC-21 comes in with a 70+% signal.

I guess I'll be watching Montana PBS instead.

If only these PBS channels were still DVB-S instead of DVB-S2. Soon we will all need 6' dishes just to watch KU programming. :rant:

I did a realignment of my 36" ku dish last weekend due to weaker signals and wasnt able to get the PBS s2 signals.I was thinking of making more adjustments to tweak in the PBS signals but after reading this thread im thinking its not needed.PS my 6 ft c/ku seems to get them in well.

PopcornNmore, Are you using the motorised 4" or is it the StarBand Dish?. I get them fine with the 6 footer but it is extremely finicky about perfect tracking. A fixed dish is more recomended if you can. Although maybe they have reduced power lately.

My folks are getting all of the LPB channels just fine on their primestar 1m motor dish.
I have the LARGE primestar 1 meter round dish and I can't get LPB at all, never have found it on scan with either my pc or coolsat. With that dish I get ALL the other channels on 125 with exceptional reliability. But never have gotten any LPB... :(

I have no clue.

Oh, and when I had their Openbox and dish here at my place to set it up, I was getting LPB just fine with their system. Makes no sense to me.. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0130.resized.JPG
    IMG_0130.resized.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0133.resized.JPG
    IMG_0133.resized.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 144
OMG...... I'm sorry. I got confused and posted RTV stuff in the wrong thread. I'm not all there today... :eek:

DOH.....

I'm a dipstick ijjit

Sunday morning I turned on LPB (without moving dish or any alignments) and the signal was a solid 72%. During Lawrence Welk the night before it was at 60-65% and then as soon as the British sitcoms came on it dropped to 2-5% and never came back until the next morning.

Sunday morning I turned on LPB (without moving dish or any alignments) and the signal was a solid 72%. During Lawrence Welk the night before it was at 60-65% and then as soon as the British sitcoms came on it dropped to 2-5% and never came back until the next morning.

I have noticed recently the nightly drop in signal myself. I do remember we had the same problem when I first got my AZBox back in October last year, but it did eventually get corrected (can't remember how long it took, but it was a while).

LPB has always been elusive at my location. That goes for daytime and night. I'm using a 90cm Azure Shine (3ABN) dish and an Openbox S9.

LPBS are giving me a lot of headaches lately here in the Carribean. Use to watch them w/out any problems. I can hardly see them during the day and nothing at nights. Montana/OETA and the rest are perfect

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts