LSU vs Ohio St.

Who will win the BCS championship?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
The LSU defender that made the interception was holding down the OSU receivers arm.
No calls against LSU. Call OSU for a one arm push at the sideline.
Anyone have HD? That was not a touchdown.

2 LSU defenders hanging on OSU receiver in first quarter, no call.

What the hell is this? Feel sorry for LSU because of Katrina game?
I think you are watching the game in garnet colored glasses. That was a good no call on the interception. And if you are talking about Hester's touchdown, he was actually in the first time before the second push. Sideline angle showed that.

sorry, jimbo, at least the score was closer than last year. lets face it, all those buckeye personal fouls didn't help. and roughing the kicker, what the heck was that all about?

The score does no justice.. If not for the final TD in the last 2 mins of the game (which it seems LSU had stopped blitzing almost giving up becasue they knew they won) It would of been a 3TD game.. OSU got creamed, they were handled, in all aspects of the game. Their defense could not stop LSU's run or passing game. OSU Could not pass the ball in fact LSU had 0 respecct for the OSU wide receivers in the second half of the game, as they played man, and attacked the QB the whole time!

OSU again showed why they didnt deserve to be there.

The score does no justice.. If not for the final TD in the last 2 mins of the game (which it seems LSU had stopped blitzing almost giving up becasue they knew they won) It would of been a 3TD game.. OSU got creamed, they were handled, in all aspects of the game. Their defense could not stop LSU's run or passing game. OSU Could not pass the ball in fact LSU had 0 respecct for the OSU wide receivers in the second half of the game, as they played man, and attacked the QB the whole time!

OSU again showed why they didnt deserve to be there.

I'm a happy Tiger fan this morning too - @party - but in all fairness, tOSU's mistakes played as much a part in their huge loss as LSU's offense did. I'm not saying LSU's offense wouldn't have been able to overcome these plays, but if Robiskie makes that catch in the endzone in the first half, or that Bucknut gets a hand on that punt instead of roughing the kicker, then the game may have been a lot closer.

When tOSU went up 10 zip and Wells barrelled down the field with ease on that first drive, I was sweating and getting ready for a possible ass kicking. But, LSU showed why they belonged in that game and why they deserve to be the mythical national champions this year.

Congratulations to my LSU Tigers!!! Good game Buckeyes. :hatsoff:

P.S. And up yours Lee Corso, Chris Fowler, and all you USC Trojans. No split this year baby! :D

P.S. And up yours Lee Corso, Chris Fowler, and all you USC Trojans. No split this year baby! :D

Just because both polls voted them #1 doesn't make them the National Champions.... IMO there's no such thing - at least not this year.

I saw a rumor about a 4-team playoff being discussed... I hope it's true. I just can't get into college football with the way they do things, but I would definitely be watching if they actually crowned a real national champion - ON THE FIELD, not in the writers' heads.

Just because both polls voted them #1 doesn't make them the National Champions.... IMO there's no such thing - at least not this year.

I saw a rumor about a 4-team playoff being discussed... I hope it's true. I just can't get into college football with the way they do things, but I would definitely be watching if they actually crowned a real national champion - ON THE FIELD, not in the writers' heads.

You have a nice day too. :rolleyes:

congrats LSU guys. I am way disappointed in the Buckeyes. They had good momentum going then lost it and were never able to get it back. I am just glad there is no whining about "if only" scenarios. OSU lost. They did it to themselves. Hopfully they will learn and keep going. They still had a good season.
And I don't care what anyone says, they deserved to be there. Period. They just were not the better team last night.

Do you remember the way it used to be? The writers truly did decide the NC with the old bowl alignments. I am all for a 4-team playoff (aka. plus one), but you have to admit that the BCS is better than what we used to have.

Can I change my vote? Anybody else get a sense of Deja Vu last night? This game looked like a replay of last years disaster. LSU beat them the same way Florida did. Tressell didn't have his team prepared for this game either. OSU is becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA. (I don't want to diminish the accomplishment of getting to the game 2 years in a row though).

Can I change my vote? Anybody else get a sense of Deja Vu last night? This game looked like a replay of last years disaster. LSU beat them the same way Florida did. Tressell didn't have his team prepared for this game either. OSU is becoming the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA. (I don't want to diminish the accomplishment of getting to the game 2 years in a row though).
Yeah, was listening to ESPN radio this morning and Cowherd said that he hasn't seen a beating like that in a BCS title game since last year's BCS title game.

Do you remember the way it used to be? The writers truly did decide the NC with the old bowl alignments. I am all for a 4-team playoff (aka. plus one), but you have to admit that the BCS is better than what we used to have.

The new guy taking charge of the BCS will be exploring the +1 concept for either 2010 or 2011. It's a start.

Priceless...

Attachments

• PNDCLZKMNUUIQIX.20080108074833.jpg
    PNDCLZKMNUUIQIX.20080108074833.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 95
  • LWJKFODBIQXMIUG.20080108074904.jpg
    LWJKFODBIQXMIUG.20080108074904.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 108

OSU has several championships though. Buffalo still has none.

The new guy taking charge of the BCS will be exploring the +1 concept for either 2010 or 2011. It's a start.
BCS has no say over going to a +1 model. The Division 1A University Presidents have to agree to it (the same guys who are preventing a playoff) as it would require a rules change.

Adams to push NCAA for playoffs | ajc.com
Establishing a Division I-A playoff would not require a vote of NCAA member universities but would require changes in NCAA rules. A playoff plan would have to clear various committees with a mix of stakeholders, including coaches, athletics directors, faculty representatives and university presidents. Final approval would have to come from the Division I board of directors, a group of 18 university presidents, each representing a different conference.
This deals with the issue of having playoffs, but the same issue applies to a +1 model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)