LSU vs Ohio St.

Who will win the BCS championship?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
What? No love for Kentucky? Their new QB for next year is even better than Woodson I think. He will actually run the ball.

Hey Dude,
Do you know when the last time they had a home and home with ANY Big Ten team ?

It sounded like you may have looked that info up is why I asked.

Jimbo

Didn't have to look it up. I was at one in '88 when OSU won 36-33. They tied the year before at Baton Rouge.

SEC teams don't schedule USC, TEXAS , Oklahoma, Oregon, OHIO State, Michigan, there 6 top notch teams that you never want to schedule, for some reason.

Bama played a home/home vs Oklahoma in 02/03. We played Florida State this year (they were good when the game was scheduled. :p)

We play Clemson next year in Atlanta.

We also renew our rivalry with Penn State with a home/home in 10/11.

You just griped about the SEC not playing in texas now you make fun of them for playing a texas team WTF I dont get you..

0 and 9!

Your right Mich #2 in the Big10 Beat FLA (they were what #4 or 5 in the sec?) Good job.. :)Your number 2 beat our number 4/5 Our #1 beat your #1 infact the #1 team in the nation!

Ugh, what was Florida's ranking before that game? Oh yeah, 9th in the polls. Michigan's ranking? We weren't in the top 25. See, I can play with numbers too. I guarantee you MICHIGAN would have given LSU a hell of game. If we were healthy at the end of our regular schedule, Ohio State would not have been in the MCS.

Didn't have to look it up. I was at one in '88 when OSU won 36-33. They tied the year before at Baton Rouge.

I did take the time to look a few things up.

In '87 LSU and Ohio State faced as top five teams in Baton Rouge, playing to a 13 -13 tie (I was at that one so didn't really need to look it up). That season OSU stumbled to a 6-4-1 finish. LSU went 10-1-1. The game in Columbus in '88 was the end of the Bill Arnsparger years at LSU, and the next year was the first of a period of 6 losing seasons. LSU finished 8-4 that season and OSU was 4-6 (Cooper's first season I think).

As far as claiming LSU is scared to schedule outside of its "corner," according to College Football Data Warehouse:

Ohio State's all time record against the SEC: 3-11-1
3-1 at home
0-0-1 in SEC venues
0-10 at neutral sites (only 2 of those out of the South - Rutherford, NJ and Glendale, AZ - but they lost them as well).

LSU's all-time record against the Big10: 7-3-1
2-0-1 at home
1-2 in Big10 venues
4-1 at neutral sites (winning one of those in Indianapolis, the rest in the South - 3 of those in their "corner" you could say)

Over their lifetime, during the season, LSU has scheduled travel to Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana twice to face the Big10 . OSU has scheduled a trip once to face the SEC, in Baton Rouge.

We win again. :clap

Last edited:
As far as claiming LSU is scared to schedule outside of its "corner," according to College Football Data Warehouse:

Ohio State's all time record against the SEC: 3-11-1
3-1 at home
0-0-1 in SEC venues
0-10 at neutral sites (only 2 of those out of the South - Rutherford, NJ and Glendale, AZ).

LSU's all-time record against the Big10: 7-3-1
2-0-1 at home
1-2 in Big10 venues
4-1 at neutral sites (winning one of those in Indianapolis, the rest in the South)

Over their lifetime, during the season, LSU has scheduled travel to Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana twice to face the Big10 . OSU has scheduled a trip once to face the SEC, in Baton Rouge.

We win again. :clap
Seems pretty straightforward to me, although I'm sure Buckeye fans will put a spin on it somehow.....("Those 10 loses at neutral sites were not in the snow but the three victories at home were. The SEC is 0-3 in Ohio when it is snowing. Why are SEC teams afraid to schedule games when it is snowing?")

LSU, 'Bama, and UT are 3 SEC teams that will come up north for a game. The prevailing rumor is that OSU has offered home-and-home series to many teams in the SEC, but the SEC teams will only agree to an OSU visit down south with no return visit to Columbus. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but this is what people who claim to have "inside information" are reporting on the Buckeye boards. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this were true, considering that OSU has been scheduling many home-and-home series with top tier programs.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, although I'm sure Buckeye fans will put a spin on it somehow.....("Those 10 loses at neutral sites were not in the snow but the three victories at home were. The SEC is 0-3 in Ohio when it is snowing. Why are SEC teams afraid to schedule games when it is snowing?")

Probably ignore it. ;)

LSU, 'Bama, and UT are 3 SEC teams that will come up north for a game. The prevailing rumor is that OSU has offered home-and-home series to many teams in the SEC, but the SEC teams will only agree to an OSU visit down south with no return visit to Columbus. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but this is what people who claim to have "inside information" are reporting on the Buckeye boards. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this were true, considering that OSU has been scheduling many home-and-home series with top tier programs.

If it was on a Buckeye board, I'd take it with a grain of salt - that's what I do on LSU boards when "inside information" is posted. :)

[/B]
Ugh, what was Florida's ranking before that game? Oh yeah, 9th in the polls. Michigan's ranking? We weren't in the top 25. See, I can play with numbers too. I guarantee you MICHIGAN would have given LSU a hell of game. If we were healthy at the end of our regular schedule, Ohio State would not have been in the MCS.

The way Mich played, they could of beat LSU. That would of been a good game to watch :)

Yea UF was 9th in the nation and only 4th or 5th in the SEC

It would not surprise you because it fits your agenda.

It would not surprise you because it fits your agenda.
No, it would not surprise me because this comes from someone whose information is usually spot on. Apparently OSU offered home-and-home games with all the top programs, and the only takers were USC, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas and Va Tech. No SEC teams were interested in home-and-homes. Ohio State has proved that it is willing to travel long distances for these matchups, so why would it not travel south? Besides, the facts don't lie: many SEC teams rarely come out of the south for OOC matchups:

last 27 years
Times an SEC team played a team out of the south.
Kentucky ; 18x, last time 2005 @ Indiana (L)
Alabama ; 16x, last time 2003 @ Hawaii (L)
Tenn. ; 14x, last time 2007 @ California (L)
Vanderbilt; 10x last time 2006 @ Michigan (L)
South Carolina ; 8x, last time 1991 @ West Virginia (L)
LSU; 6x, last time 2005 @ Arizona State (W)
Miss. State ; 7x, last time 2007 @ West Virginia (L)
Arkansas ; 5x, last time 2005 @ USC (L)
Auburn ; 3x, last time 2002 @USC (L)
Florida ; 4x, last time 2006 @ Tempe , AZ., Ohio State (W)
Ole Miss. ; 4x, last time 2006 @ Missouri (L)
Georgia; ZERO, the last time 1960 @USC (L) 47 years ago.

No, it would not surprise me because this comes from someone whose information is usually spot on. Apparently OSU offered home-and-home games with all the top programs, and the only takers were USC, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas and Va Tech. No SEC teams were interested in home-and-homes. Ohio State has proved that it is willing to travel long distances for these matchups, so why would it not travel south? Besides, the facts don't lie: many SEC teams rarely come out of the south for OOC matchups:

last 27 years
Times an SEC team played a team out of the south.
Kentucky ; 18x, last time 2005 @ Indiana (L)
Alabama ; 16x, last time 2003 @ Hawaii (L)
Tenn. ; 14x, last time 2007 @ California (L)
Vanderbilt; 10x last time 2006 @ Michigan (L)
South Carolina ; 8x, last time 1991 @ West Virginia (L)
LSU; 6x, last time 2005 @ Arizona State (W)
Miss. State ; 7x, last time 2007 @ West Virginia (L)
Arkansas ; 5x, last time 2005 @ USC (L)
Auburn ; 3x, last time 2002 @USC (L)
Florida ; 4x, last time 2006 @ Tempe , AZ., Ohio State (W)
Ole Miss. ; 4x, last time 2006 @ Missouri (L)
Georgia; ZERO, the last time 1960 @USC (L) 47 years ago.
What does this list look like for the Big Ten?

What does this list look like for the Big Ten?
A list of the number of games played outside of Big 10 country for each team? I don't have that information readily available, but I can guarantee you that the numbers will be MUCH higher than that SEC list. One only needs to consider that 5-8 Big 10 teams play in bowl games every year, and all but 1 of those bowls are outside of Big 10 country (unless I'm forgetting one). So the top Big 10 teams play AT LEAST one game per year out of Big 10 country, and roughly once every other year will play an OOC game in a different part of the country (home-and-home games).

A list of the number of games played outside of Big 10 country for each team? I don't have that information readily available, but I can guarantee you that the numbers will be MUCH higher than that SEC list. One only needs to consider that 5-8 Big 10 teams play in bowl games every year, and all but 1 of those bowls are outside of Big 10 country (unless I'm forgetting one). So the top Big 10 teams play AT LEAST one game per year out of Big 10 country, and roughly once every other year will play an OOC game in a different part of the country (home-and-home games).
That's fair, but I was thinking more regular season. No one can help where the bowl games are. But schools do have control over in-season scheduling. And how did you come up with the SEC list? Just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)