LTE filters and the current repack

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
About 18 months ago I added an LTE filter to my OTA setup and it made a significant difference. My area is scheduled to repack with Phase 4. I assume that a new filter would be needed as cell carriers will take over the frequencies above 37. Does anyone know if such filters will soon be available ---or am i wrong about the need for new ones.

It seems unlikely to me that there will be any LTE in the 600MHz band unless AT&T does something monumentally stupid.

Maybe it won't be "LTE" but it's going to be something since tv is all being moved off anything above channel RF36, and present tv antennas and tv sets are or could be affected by it if you are close enough to the towers.

Personally, I doubt it'll affect too many people, but we don't know as of yet. Until then, the LPF-600 filter is a viable filter readily available right now for this purpose.

Being in Albuquerque metro areas is heavy rf noise floor coming from the Sandia Crest Mountain and on within the city's limit is pretty bad.

It's starting to fill up 600 to 800 MHz band fairly quickly.:rolleyes:

We are no longer a mid sized US city and sadly lack of US major sports teams.

Sorry I may be off track on rf radio noise floor pollution.:p

Albuquerque is going though growing pain right now.:rolleyes:

Yes, do NOT install this filter before your repack is complete, OR if you have channels above RF36.

In my ase i currently receive both DC and baltimore stations. Aft er the DC repack is done in a few months i will either have to give up the baltimore stations (or some of them) or just live with interference on the DC stations until Baltimore competes their repack

Currently the Channel Master is still the only one to buy.
After the repack is concluded in 2020 someone will need to bring a new low pass filter to market.
The 600Mhz low pass filter is not a solution for most areas since it will begin to reduce signals in the upper UHF tv band which may cause attenuation of tv channels 34-36.
A smarter idea would be to buy a LP650Mhz low pass filter since it will not reduce 36 and below frequencies.
Those cheap bullet filters don't suddenly start attenuating signals at 40 db at the frequency they are designed for.
Most instead begin to attenuate below their design frequency and gradually increase in attenuation till they reach peak attenuation.
And since these bullet filters are mass produced, you can easily get one that begins to attenuate WELL below it's intended cut off frequency.

yes, new filter. old filter started at 700Mhz . new one starts at 600-2000Mhz. if you watch the video on CM page and look at the sticker on the ((old) filter) it blocks 700-2000Mhz
Nice catch! Thanks for posting about the new frequency range! :):thumbup

Thanks for tI can't use it until baltimore completes their repack but it is good to know this is out there.

Great intel. I am having trouble with ch. 30 rf here in the bay area. Will see what happens after repack. May have to get one. Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts