Luken KU feeds to end on 1/31

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's already on C-band. The Ku simulcast of the RTV, Tuff, and PBJ East feeds is going away.

- Trip

Looks like trip is correct on the 87 fix! I just checked RTV on 87w with my solomend and getting a strong sig with my 6 footer.IF some here with buds as big as 10 ft had some troubles getting 87w it might of sent a red flag to RTV to do something about it.Since Mr Luken is a fan of FTA and some of his rtv stations may have smaller C-band dishes it would be to his best interests to get a better signal out of 87w.137 isn't such a good choice for us on the east coast.

Looks like its time for me to start thinking c-band and making better utilization of my ku. As I look on the web it seems all I can find is a 6 footer new. Is there not a manufacture for bigger dishes out there?

Never had any problem getting the C band RTV,just couldn't watch it.The AZUltra just chokes on it and the Coolsat 8000 is deaf(can't do AAC).Before they changed the audio,and whatever else they did,the AZ would get it fine but the CS8K would choke.:(

I'm sorry but I am new to c-band as I have done ku only. The AZ? The CS8K?

My setup currently: 1.2 meter motorized with geosat standard ku pll lnbf. A 36" geosat pro dish with geosat duel lnbf. Two lines to the house, two receivers,(Openbox s9/s10) 1 diseq switch, 1 multi switch.

I would put this standard on the bottom here so that everyone would know my setup when I post but I don't know how.

I would put this standard on the bottom here so that everyone would know my setup when I post but I don't know how.
Top of page. Click on SETTINGS Then on the left of the next page click on Edit Signature.
Mike Kohl and Manhattan (I think) bought the tooling for KTI (or was it SAMI?) and were to resume manufacturing but seems they've run into unforeseen problems. There are others new, but more in the commercial line so $$$$
C band dish: keep an eye on Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at in the C Band section.
They are getting rare. Gotta beat the scrappers to many. But keep the faith and one will be yours.

I'm sorry but I am new to c-band as I have done ku only. The AZ?
AZ is short for AZ-BOX! A line of Satellite recievers developed in Europe.
My AZ box ultra also cant get RTV on 87w but strong sig on my solomend (s9) receiver.If you cant find a large BUD!Get a good 6 footer with a decent LNB and you can still get much of whats out on c-band! I know that i can.

I'm sorry but I am new to c-band as I have done ku only. The AZ? The CS8K?

My setup currently: 1.2 meter motorized with geosat standard ku pll lnbf. A 36" geosat pro dish with geosat duel lnbf. Two lines to the house, two receivers,(Openbox s9/s10) 1 diseq switch, 1 multi switch.

As StanleyJohn noted,AZ=AZ box,Ultra is the model no longer made or even the same company anymore.CS8K= CoolSat 8000 (k=kilo=1000 so 8k=8000),a fairly old box no longer made by a company no longer in business,but one of the best in it's day.

About the only show I watch on RTV now is offbeat cinema!Hope the sig on 87w hangs in there! Guess im lucky to be getting it most of the time on that satellite with a 6 footer.Being on the east coast makes it to low on the horizon to get it on 137.

I got mine set back up yesterday evening in the cold, not sure why I took it down last year. Glad to see the usual old time cartoons again. he-man she-ra and the little 5 minute dick tracy cartoons. They will be missed till I get a cband dish and a HD reciever.

Just a friendly reminder for those with Ku capability only for watching RTV. ;)

I guess today is the end of an era in Ku, for what once was RTN, then RTV :eek:.

Just a friendly reminder for those with Ku capability only for watching RTV. ;)

I guess today is the end of an era in Ku, for what once was RTN, then RTV :eek:.

I’m seriously dreading this whole thing. I had a miserable time of it trying to get their S2 signal on SES2 a few years ago, even with my 10 foot dish.
I’m having to jump through flaming hoops to be able to continue receiving them.

And then there’s that part of me that knows, knows that this is a sure sign that the good ship Luken is sinking. I’m amazed it hasn’t already to be honest.
Oh well. I’ll just keep watching/recording for as long as they are up there. I’ve seen soooooooo many FTA channels come and go, mostly go, over the years.
One lesson one must embrace in this hobby, ~Do not become attached to anything because as soon as you do it will be taken away from you.~

I’m recording Harvey Toons on PBJ (AMC9) right now, I guess this is the end, I hope I can get the 10:30pm show tonight. I wish they would have waited until Sunday to kill it so we could get Saturday night stuff one last time.
Now I’m waiting on a new PLL LNBF for my big dish, I have to change everything all up again. I wish I could have a week of good weather, it’s no fun messing with dishes when they are coated in ice. :(

Goodbye RTV... I’ll miss you from KU... I really hope you guys will tweak the S2 feed on C-band. PLEASE????????

After the tweaking they did late last year you should have no problem getting it on your 10 foot dish.

I couldn't get it on my 8 foot at all then after they worked their magic it comes in fine. :)

Comes and goes on my 10/S9. But it's coming in fine more so since late October. But I didn't perform the 'fall tune-up' as winter came suddenly this year. Fall was only a few days. (Summer was only a week)

After the tweaking they did late last year you should have no problem getting it on your 10 foot dish.

I couldn't get it on my 8 foot at all then after they worked their magic it comes in fine. :)

W00t !!!!!!!! This is good news! I did not know they tweaked. After MeTV and This moved to SES1 I abandoned SES2 and just went to getting my RTV/PBJ fix from AMC9.
Getting that MicroHD was a true blessing, I have enjoyed many months of hoarding cartoons and silly saturday night B movies.. :)

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)