Luken KU feeds to end on 1/31

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WELL, it's a sad night for FTA KU TV veiwers out there losing the RTN networks.:(

Someday maybe someone will replace the RTN network in the future sooner the better....

Get a c-band dish, and get on 101w for Metv, Bounce, TCT Family and Movies channel. That and a ku dish for Cozi on 103w, and there's so much to watch, there's not enough time to do so...

I wish had a good C-band dish, but the bad news is my crappy HOA wont's allow 6 foot or larger and sadly, I used to have 10 C-band dish back in the good old days in the late 1980's at my Dad's old place.:(

So for now, I will have to contend with my 1.1 meter KU-band dish for my TV Dxing fix at this time.:hungry:

Its a sad day:( But for me I still can get it most of the time on 87w with my 6 footer and just found out that I can also get it with ota rabbit ears:).On a side note RTV on AMC9 was one of the very first stations I got when I started FTA less than 5 years ago and my favorite.

Last edited:
I just checked and it´s gone now.
That´s the end of RTV for me now. Although, with the decrease in programming quality since mid 2011, I was watching it much less since then.

Same here, there gone. That really sucks. Is a 6 footer even big enough for reception? Meaning when it snows and rains. My grandfather used to have c band and it never worked in the elements of even slight rain or snow.

The B movies on Saturday night were sort of fun but losing them isn’t the end of the world.

But on PBJ they run a lot of old cartoons, specifically Harvey Toons which I grew up with and I’ve been recording them on 83 for quite some time.

It was super convenient to have them on AMC9, I pretty much dedicated a dish to that, I have oodles of little KU dishes.

But now I have to build a C-band frankendish from assorted spare parts, new parts and old tent stakes. Yes, really.. :D

I am fortunate in that I have a big yard and spare stuff to build one.

But sooooo many people can’t put up a BUD for many reasons. That s*cks.... :(

I wonder how many LP stations around the country lost em because they too don’t have/can’t afford a BUD ??

I really hope Mr. Luken can keep his networks afloat.

Sigh..... :(

That's where I first discovered them. Back in the good old days.
123 was a gold mine of FTA goodness.
Sigh...... :cry:

Sent from my ancient Jurasic iPad using Tapatalk.
different channels would show the same program but in different time zones,so if you missed your favorite you could see it again 1 or 2 hours later.

That's where I first discovered them. Back in the good old days.
123 was a gold mine of FTA goodness.
Sigh...... :cry:

I have a listing from June 2006 (a month after I put up my first dish) and Equity had the following English channels on G10R:
8 RTN channels
4 UPN channels
3 WB channels
2 ABC channels
1 FOX channel

Good old days is right!

N5XZS !
I would go buy a backyard picnic table, one of those round ones, that just happened to need a 3.5" support pipe in the middle (to hold up the canopy/shade). They can't forbid those, can they? A 8' dish would make a nice support for the canopy, and there are even zippered sidewalls available for them, which are opaque to neighbors and HOA snoops. And being a motorized canopy you could enjoy your new picnic table any time of the day-just move the canopy to shade the table from sun.

Turbosat,

That might be a good idea, but I will try to take picture from my digital camera soon after the Super Bowl weekend.

My Backyard is little too tight to squeeze in, for a 8 footer dish that you are talking about. But we will see what happens next/.:D:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)