Lyngbox, anyone hear of this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WildSioux

Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
http://www.lyngbox.com/

I didn't know where to put this since it is so much in one unit. But this FTA receiver, HDTV, PVR, dual tuner, photo viewer, ethernet network connection, etc... isn't supposed to come out until February 2007. I just got my FTA system hooked up and am looking at options for recording, preferably to a network HD to view on other computers. This looks perfect for what I need it for. Right now I just have it hooked up to a VCR. The FTA part of it looks nice too with downloading the channels without the hassle of current systems.

Other than that, does anyone know of any other PVR or DVR systems to hook up to my FTA receiver, and Cable TV to a network HD??? I haven't had much luck in my search. I plan to get a Slingbox to be able to view programs over the network http://us.slingmedia.com/page/home2.html

Last edited:
From the website:

What is the price of a LyngBox?

The indicative price level will be around euro 600-700 for end-consumers (incl. VAT). This will of course vary depending on regional campaigns and packages. There is no fixed price set yet.

puts it way out of my league!

Yes, it seems a little expensive for just one box. But it has a lot of features. I'm not sure why the title still says "Lynbox." I edited it. You get the idea though.

Can you guys tell me if this will do 4:2:2? I see reference to add-on cards for dvb s/s2 or something but dont' know all my satellite lingo.

Thought I would resurrect this thread as I see the site now says Autumn 2007 for release and with all the talk of HD boxes lately, we seem to have forgotten this one

It doesn't do hardware based blind-scan. BTW it doesn't support 4:2:2 feeds either.

Having said that, the good news is that their product marketing is extremely receptive to potential customer feedback from the field for enhancement requests. They've taken feedback from me about support for both of these features in the next version of their tuner, which can also be added as an extra tuner in expansion slot.

I urge all of you who care a quality receiver with best features such as 4:2:2 support as well as blind-scan, to go to following link and let LyngBox know about this. The more potential customers they hear from, the better. This would be the best bet for a quality receiver in my opinion, as opposed to the DreamBox which seems to have failed.

LyngBox - Contact - Sales Enquiry: End Consumer

Most of the information about this is in this thread on another competing message board. I don't want to duplicate all info here. Do check it out if interested.

FTA HD receiver with DVR and 2 tuners finally available - DBSTalk.Com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)