• Windows Vista

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delorean2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
I wanted to know which operating system that people would prefer because i was think of getting a Mac or a computer with Windows Vista.

Last edited:
As polls go, this one has some issues.

On the one hand you are asking if we prefer Win OS or Mac OS; which is incomplete in itself, why not include Linux (in one of its many varieties)?

Second, there are a lot of Windows users who do not use Vista; for me, the question do I prefer win XP or Mac OS10; I can say Win XP; but I don't ever want Vista. So the choice would be neither, in the current poll.

MAC OS10 is Linux basically. LOL If you’re the average user Linux isn't going to work for you so I disagree with him needing to add this. Should we then add Solaris, BE, Unix, and so on? I think not.

I prefer Vista myself but to get Vista to run relatively well you need to do several things that the average person isn't prepared or knowledgeable enough to do. If you truly are computer suave or have a friend that can set you up go with Vista otherwise I might consider an OSX system. With the MAC you can't just go to Best Buy to get the software you need however within the MAC community you can find most stuff you'll need.

If you were to look at Linux I would check out Centos and Susie but these aren't still for the average bear unfortunately.

Actually, Mac OS X is a FreeBSD userland + Mach Kernel + Apple Graphics stuff + a bunch of other things.

I prefer FreeBSD over Linux but that's a RWar.

LER

Which Operating system? Depends on which applications you want to run on the computer. Both systems will surface the web, do word processing, Do spread sheet and email. If these are things you want to do then it's down to who gives you the best support. If you want to run an application that is only available one operating system then you run that OS whether that is Vista or Mac O/S. Running PC emulation on a Mac or a Mac emulation on a PC to try to have both worlds is asking for trouble. Not all application will run under emulation. I hope you found this helpful