mac users who also use pc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Do you ever find yourself doing gestures on pc mice? or do you find yourself trying to do mac shortcuts on your pc keyboard? i Just got up to go to another office and tried to hit cmd-q to close out my window...couldnt figure out whats wrong and why chrome wouldnt close :(

I find myself doing that when I go to a Windows box too!

But I don't do mice these days. I have the Magic Trackpad for my iMac and love it, haven't used a mouse with the iMac ever since the Magic Trackpad got to my house. I also have a Windows laptop, but boy that trackpad isn't nearly as handy or as good as the MT! :)

I use a Mac at home and unfortunately a pc at work. I have to keep remembering that ctrl is not the same between the two OSs.

I have been using a simple logitech trackball for years with a mac, and will get a magic trackpad when I buy a new Imac: hoping they come out next month. I use the same trackball on windows at work---I don't know why anyone would use a mouse, if they did not have to. ron

I use a Mac at home and unfortunately a pc at work. I have to keep remembering that ctrl is not the same between the two OSs.

Control is the same, the function of control is not.

Underlying Mac OS is a variant on FreeBSD. And the <ctrl> keys actually do something in Unix. So the <apple/command> key does some of the mundane stuff like copy / cut / paste etc.

When I try to use my wife's laptop I constantly screw up with the trackpad. Apple gestures are me of my favorite things about using a Mac, and I will never go back.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

According to the Daily this morning, Microsoft is incorporating "gestures" into track-pads in W8. That might make the ability of mac-trained brains easier to deal with PCs. But on a different note, why do I see a lawsuit from Cupertino over that. :) Seriously, gestures are the one few things in OSX that are uniquely Mac. And which I have encountered very few, if any, people who are not fans of them.

According to the Daily this morning, Microsoft is incorporating "gestures" into track-pads in W8. That might make the ability of mac-trained brains easier to deal with PCs. But on a different note, why do I see a lawsuit from Cupertino over that. :) Seriously, gestures are the one few things in OSX that are uniquely Mac. And which I have encountered very few, if any, people who are not fans of them.

I would love to see gestures come to the PC as that is the one piece that I have really been missing since moving away from my Mac.

my biggest issue is not with gestures, it is with the control and command keys between the 2 systems.

of course to make it worse on myself I use apple wireless keyboard on my pc and mac :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

John Kotches said:
my biggest issue is not with gestures, it is with the control and command keys between the 2 systems.

of course to make it worse on myself I use apple wireless keyboard on my pc and mac :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I do have to think to use control instead of command. :)

Mac at work, PC at home. Had problems going back and forth, but then got a Mac keyboard for my Macbook's desktop setup and it's been fine.

Use a PC mouse on both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mac at work, PC at home. Had problems going back and forth, but then got a Mac keyboard for my Macbook's desktop setup and it's been fine.

Use a PC mouse on both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I dumped my long-favored microsoft natural keyboard for a macally mac keyboard; while I miss the ergonomic keyboard, its just easier having the proper keys for the OS. I just wish Apple's new keyboard's weren't so crappy.

Reactions: meStevo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)