MacGyver First Look Trailer

Wow it was just until tonight that I saw this promo on CBS.

Just another reboot of an old TV show.

CBS has Hawaii 5-0, and apparently it worked out for them,

ABC had a total failure with their Charlie's Angels reboot, NBC cancelled their Ironside reboot......

Wonder what's gonna be the next reboot, they'll come up with.....:rolleyes:

I'll Pass. I didn't like the unbelievable stories in the 80s when McGyver first played. The closest thing to that show on tv now is Scorpion. The stories are so out there and unbelievable , it is just McGyver with a team effort.:imshocked

The stories are so out there and unbelievable , it is just McGyver with a team effort.:imshocked
No more unbelievable than most of the current action series and movies where people defy the laws of physics constantly. I'd rather have shows like this, Scorpion and the upcoming show Pure Genius that actually take the unbelievable and project a positive outlook. Remember, Star Trek had so many unbelievable elements that eventually became reality, and even the ones that probably never will come to fruition aren't complained about as being unbelievable.

Yep, I gave it a shot, but they made it less cerebral than the original and more action-oriented. Cookie-cutter crap deleted.

I thought the Knight Rider reboot was ok, for a reboot. Oh, and the V reboot, while nowhere near as good as the miniseries, was light-years better than the resulting 80s TV series that lasted one season.

I watched one show last Sunday, when I had nothing to do, just to see if possibly I was wrong , and I felt nothing. I was simply dead inside after watching this mess. For one, the lead guy had so much hair in his face , I felt I was in the 80s. His partner from CSI MIAMI was the direct opposite, no hair in his face and he looked like he came from the 2000s. He was at least 20 - 25 years older then the McGuyver guy. No one else stood out or I just didn't remember them. The show was a complete waste of time. CBS needs to stop trying to cater to a dying older population with old show reboots.:laser

I stuck with it a few more episodes and it has kinda grown on me. Nothing spectacular but enjoyable enough to keep coming back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)