:mad:44 Switch and No Customer Service

masterloggie

Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Tomorrow I will have my 4th 44 switch replaced. I have 2 HD receivers and 2 digital receivers. The 2 HD receivers loose satellites and the 2 digtital receivers do not loose any of the satellites. The 44 switch seems to always be the problem. When it is replacesd the HD receivers picked up all the satellites and the all the receivers work normally. However, it is just a mater of time before the HD receivers starts loosing the satellites again. I will call for tech support and the 44 switch gets replaced.

Does anyone know about why the 44 swirches fail so often?

I have tried to call customer support and like Dish's comepetitor and other US companies... I get a call center in the Phillipines with someone who only knows how to ask the questions from a checklist on a page in the Dish Company's manual.

I asked to speak with a service representative in the USA and I got a lady that stated she was a service representative and all she could do was log my complaint. Does Dish have a real customer support that cares about a customers problems with Dish's service/equipment and will get the problems resloved?

Who cares at Dish Network USA and how do you contact them?

Is Direct TV equipment more reliable? Should I change the Direct TV?:(

Have the tech that comes out verify that the power inserter is plugged into port 1 on your 44 switch. Many things can go wrong with a 44 switch that is not getting enough power, du to the power inserter not being there or being installed to the wrong port.

Usually when a switch outright fails you lose everything to all receivers. I'm wondering if you have some other problem (like bad LNB) that a 'fresh' switch temporarily covers up.

Thanks, the power inserter is in port 1 and was has been verified 2 times. All barrel connecters were replaced on the last service call 28 Feb 2009.
I have 2 dishes and both LNBs were replaced 28 Feb 2009.
Again I ask.... who the heck at Dish Network "USA" makes sure you get what you pay for. I pay for service and have a 3rd world company call center.
Do I really need 2 dishes to pick up local and HD in middle Georgia?

Thanks, the power inserter is in port 1 and was has been verified 2 times. All barrel connecters were replaced on the last service call 28 Feb 2009.
I have 2 dishes and both LNBs were replaced 28 Feb 2009.
Again I ask.... who the heck at Dish Network "USA" makes sure you get what you pay for. I pay for service and have a 3rd world company call center.
Do I really need 2 dishes to pick up local and HD in middle Georgia?

If your location cannot get signal from the 129 sat, then, yes, 2 dishes are required so you can get the respective HD programming off the 61.5 sat.

IF all you need is 3 sats and 3 receivers then you can go with either a 1000.2 sat dish or a 1000.4 sat dish. It has a built in switch in it and I have had no problems with the dish for some years now.

Thats an odd one master faulty switches but shuldnt be that often. mabe we have 2 out of 100 a month that go bad but it dose happen.. some times its a bad port others work fine .

When the Tech comes with your new switch make sure it Greay and not silver silver is the old moddel and culd be a china reman..

Also it wuld seem to me sumting is just rong on the line. Walk the line make sure ther are no staples in the cable ..

Good Luck

I did a new install just the other day, it included a 1000 plus with a 722k and 222k receiver using a 44 switch. I had the 722k in port 1 and I verified which line I had my power inserter in for the switch. I know it worked when I left the customers house because we were watching all the different channels during the customer education.

Later that night the customer has to call dish; both his receivers were not getting signal. The csr for some reason sent an RA for the 722k. The next day I find out that I had a tc12 so I got the work order for it. I went to the customers and checked my lines, checked the outlet again and verified my signal with my super buddy on all 4 lines. I checked every possible section of line from the receiver to the switch to the dish. It turned out to be the 44 switch. It was brand new so I wouldn't think of it as being that, but it does happen with new switches as well as lnbfs and receivers.

It really upsets me when everything is new and you expect it to go in without a hitch. I know there is always a built in percentage of equipment failure for equipment, I just hate it when I get that bad batch of equipment and the thing goes out after I have left the install. :(

i had same proplem i went thre 4 of them dpp44s my frends a dish installer hje told me that its commen proplem i finnaly gave up and put up a 2nd dpp 500 twin

I did a new install just the other day, it included a 1000 plus with a 722k and 222k receiver using a 44 switch. I had the 722k in port 1 and I verified which line I had my power inserter in for the switch. I know it worked when I left the customers house because we were watching all the different channels during the customer education.

Later that night the customer has to call dish; both his receivers were not getting signal. The csr for some reason sent an RA for the 722k. The next day I find out that I had a tc12 so I got the work order for it. I went to the customers and checked my lines, checked the outlet again and verified my signal with my super buddy on all 4 lines. I checked every possible section of line from the receiver to the switch to the dish. It turned out to be the 44 switch. It was brand new so I wouldn't think of it as being that, but it does happen with new switches as well as lnbfs and receivers.

It really upsets me when everything is new and you expect it to go in without a hitch. I know there is always a built in percentage of equipment failure for equipment, I just hate it when I get that bad batch of equipment and the thing goes out after I have left the install. :(
In our meetings we discuss TC's all the time. We realize there are issues over which we have no control. The TC system has major flaws.
It is what it is.
There's no sense sweating over things we cannot control
The ones we can control are what we need to focus upon.

make sure, DEMAND that the tech use his plug tester to test your outlets. faulty wiring is about the only thing that could make 3 switches go bad (if indeed any of them were bad)
are your hd receivers single tuners? you wouldnt even need a switch it one of them were a dual tuner, unless you have a 500+ dish for intl programming. that switch may be unnesesary.
furthermore, you said he replaced both lnb's?
if you have a switch installed, you should have separate dp dual lnbs for every satelite, not an integrated twin or triple. have the tech install the correct lnb's or remove the switch if you dont even need it.
i have never seen a 44 switch go bad, it is usually the dp 34's that go.

i had same proplem i went thre 4 of them dpp44s my frends a dish installer hje told me that its commen proplem i finnaly gave up and put up a 2nd dpp 500 twin

so you have 2 dish 500's with dpp twins, or you never needed a switch in the first place?
i get frustrated when i go to jobs that have unnesecary switches. techs around here like to remove the old superdishes, put up a 500 and leave the 34 switch there, and guess what, im right back out there to do it right, by removing the useless switch.

well started with superdish lol took that doen to 1 dpp twin with 44 switch goty sick of switch failing so but up 2nd dpp twin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts