Madden 2009 cover announced

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
It was confirmed that Bret Favre will be on the cover of Madden 2009. I think this is stupid. No knock against Bret, but they've never had a retired player on the cover before. They've always had established players or up and comers on the cover. Maybe they figure the curse can't affect him.

It was confirmed that Bret Favre will be on the cover of Madden 2009. I think this is stupid. No knock against Bret, but they've never had a retired player on the cover before. They've always had established players or up and comers on the cover. Maybe they figure the curse can't affect him.

Who said hes really retired :D

The Madden cover curse probably scared off the active players. Bret just needs to stay retired and he will be immuned from the curse. I know Vince Young avoided it last year, but other cover boys were not so lucky.

The Madden cover curse probably scared off the active players. Bret just needs to stay retired and he will be immuned from the curse. I know Vince Young avoided it last year, but other cover boys were not so lucky.

Nope the curse for Green Bay is that Brett will be back:D

Interesting..... Is Favre even available as an active player in the game? I thought the NFL Players Association cut them off once they retired... That's why Elway and Lawrence Taylor were pushing the rival product....

Interesting..... Is Favre even available as an active player in the game? I thought the NFL Players Association cut them off once they retired... That's why Elway and Lawrence Taylor were pushing the rival product....
Yeah and they HAD to make that because F-in EA, being the little b***hes they are, snagged the exclusive NFL license because their Madden games were not as good as the NFL 2K games, so rather than make their games better, they just pulled the rug out from under them. I am sorry, but in my opinion NFL 2K5 is the greatest modern-era NFL game. The gameplay was great, the ESPN integration was spectacular, and there were tangible changes between each iteration. Also the player models were much more realistic. All these Madden games are now are roster updates with some stupid tweak to the Franchise/GM mode. Give 2K Games back their License!

Yeah and they HAD to make that because F-in EA, being the little b***hes they are, snagged the exclusive NFL license because their Madden games were not as good as the NFL 2K games, so rather than make their games better, they just pulled the rug out from under them. I am sorry, but in my opinion NFL 2K5 is the greatest modern-era NFL game. The gameplay was great, the ESPN integration was spectacular, and there were tangible changes between each iteration. Also the player models were much more realistic. All these Madden games are now are roster updates with some stupid tweak to the Franchise/GM mode. Give 2K Games back their License!

You're just another anti-madden fanboy if you think the last couple of Maddens have been Roster updates. Do some research.

At least Madden has a franchise mode, the same can't be said for APF2k8.

As bulky as the players can seem in madden, the players in the 2k series are tall and stringy.

You're just another anti-madden fanboy if you think the last couple of Maddens have been Roster updates. Do some research.

At least Madden has a franchise mode, the same can't be said for APF2k8.

As bulky as the players can seem in madden, the players in the 2k series are tall and stringy.

Oh please. You can't tell me that since EA got the exclusive license that they have done ANYTHING to really progress the series.

They recycle the same crap from Al and John every year. It just becomes like background noise.

They have done NOTHING with the ESPN license at all. They clearly took that just to rub it in the face of 2K games. NFL 2k5's interface was fully developed around ESPN and Sportscenter. After every week they had Sportscenter, where they ran through that week's results with Chris Berman giving each score, and they would even do coverage of the games with video (game generated.) Mel Kiper did draft talk, Trey Wingo gave injury reports, they handed out awards every week, they used all the same music for the highlights that they did (and still do) use on Sportscenter.

My point is that I don't like how EA is just resting on its laurels as being the only game in town and is just not doing anything to really advance the franchise. I think it was wrong of the NFL to grant them that license in the first place, the exclusive one. The last good Madden game I played was 07 for the Wii, and that was because it was very different being on the Wii. So don't go and mark me as a "fanboy," because it makes you sound like you're 14 years old. The only thing I'm a fan of is the best game, and if you think that these recent Madden games are the best that can be done given the circumstances, you are either delusional or have very low standards.

I called you a fanboy because it was kinder than ignorant moron. I'll rip apart the rest of your post when I have the time to look up and list the new features and adjustments that have been added while they've had the license unless someone beats me to it, it's pretty laughable. YOu really do not know what you are talking about.

Oh please. You can't tell me that since EA got the exclusive license that they have done ANYTHING to really progress the series.

They recycle the same crap from Al and John every year. It just becomes like background noise.

Madden 2007:

New to 07 is the ability to control the lead blocker on running plays--after steering a lumbering lineman or fullback to open up a hole in the D-line, players then take control of the tailback and look for daylight. The Xbox 360 version, the second Madden title for the system, has been expanded to include the NFL Superstar mode, which sees gamers lead a created player through an NFL career.

Madden 2008:

gang tackles, owner mode, the lateral, an upgraded fatigue system, improved defensive artificial intelligence;

Not to mention superstar mode and a number of other things that have never existed in the years that 2k produced games (no 2k9 btw, maybe next year).

These are just a couple of overviews I found of just the last 2 games.

This is hardly nothing.

Take your hate for EA elsewhere, I hate cheap shots at trying to pull $$ out of my pocket, but I hate blind stupid statements even more.

For 2009:

Updates to Madden NFL 09 include:

* Madden IQ system: players train in a holographic environment, which grants them a "Madden IQ" based on their practice in 12 different drills. The game's difficulty adjusts itself to the player's Madden IQ.
* EA Sports Backtrack: the game analyzes the player's playing ability and points out mistakes during gameplay a la a television-styled telestrator
* Improved online leagues: server-based leagues, supporting up to 32 players, with full schedules including the playoffs and the Super Bowl as well as a draft and trade support. Schedules can be played in a round-robin style as well.
* Revamped graphics: Improved stadium models, new weather particle system, new lighting models, new player models, field goal nets, user-controlled celebrations, and Total Control animation system.
* Improved gameplay: Offensive line slide protection, smart routes, formation substitutions, and new player weapon types.
* Revamped franchise mode: Simulated stats have been improved (e.g. fewer running backs gaining 2,000+ yards in one season), rivalry games have special value and played games have more crowd and television intensity.
* On-Demand Picture-in-Picture Play-Call Window: Streamline the flow of important information, like player and team stats, instant replay and even Madden Tips, which suggests a feature you haven't used yet with a video tip explaining it.You'll also be able to make substitutions right from the play-call screen or challenge a call with Coach Picture-in Picture.

It's laughable how much the super amazing producers of 2k5 were not able to do with 2k8. In my opinion it is a poor experience playing that game (now that I have it finally... $9 at Best Buy). And that's just my opinion. It's a fact that it is a near featureless dud as a title, with the best thing going for it is it's soundtrack, when compared to Madden.

I want the best games possible, and despite what the rabid fanboys say, the recent Madden's have been improvements. Prove me wrong.

IGN Video: Madden NFL 09 Xbox 360 Gameplay - First Gameplay

Last edited:
If anyone here is interested I have Madden 2008 for the ps3 for sale. I played it like 5 times and just lost interest in football games. $30.00 bucks plus shipping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)