Made the Switch, Lost a Channel

OP, you can bet that Charlie Ergen and his 3,694 lawyers have this scenario covered somewhere in the fine print of any contract you have ever signed with Dish.

I would say call Dish and see if they'll set you up with a wing dish solution but it's possible that "the system" won't currently allow the CSRs to set up a workorder with the configuration you need.

The only helpful advice I can give you is to approach this from the same angle as any customer who has lost a local channel due to a contract dispute between Dish and that broadcaster: Call Dish and let them know of your displeasure of losing that channel and maybe they'll "soothe your pain" with some credits or perks.

Last edited:
I must be on western arc as I have both 216 and 217. I have never watched either but instantly noted they are not in HD. But always enjoy reruns of Burn Notice, however I can get it in HD from a few other sources. I looked at the lineup and it looks like pretty much all the shows they list:
[h=2]ION Television[/h]Currently, ION Television’s lineup is anchored by major cable & broadcast hits, original series and special event programming, including:
Burn Notice
Cold Case
Criminal Minds
Flashpoint
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Leverage
Married with Children
Monk
Numb3rs
Psych
Without a Trace
WWE Main Event

Most if not all of these can be found on other channels in HD. If you must watch on ION, DVRing is your best bet. Fighting with DISH over this channel is unnecessary aggravation, IMO.

Last edited:
Don't you have a local ion affiliate that should be showing the west feed and provably in HD?
Believe it or not there are DMA's on DISH that don't even have the big 4 in HD much less having an Ion station.
The OP should see if he can get his Western arc setup back and get a wing dish for HD locals pointed at 61.5.

Believe it or not there are DMA's on DISH that don't even have the big 4 in HD much less having an Ion station.
The OP should see if he can get his Western arc setup back and get a wing dish for HD locals pointed at 61.5.

He should still check for a local affiliate before paying more money for another service call, etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspected ION isn't that common (locally / OTA) but looking at their affiliate list, they have (67). Presuming (1) per market and there's roughly (200) TV markets across the country, they cover almost 1/3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts