Magic Jack is your friend!

SatboyZ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Just to let you guys know - they now have Canadian numbers for those of you who do not want a broker. These things are awesome - they even email you mp3's of your voice calls.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Satboyz

Magicjack is a joke, until they come with a standalone ethernet box... there have been ways to use a real VoIP box and get Canadian numbers for while.

Not for this price...

I looked at Vonage a while ago and it was alot more expensive. Anyways, just an extra option for those out there. I have one that I travel with, along with my Acer netbook, and always get the stares when making calls at a coffee place.

Steve

I think its more for ordering PPV or god forbid they call you :)

For what is it 20 bucks a year...pretty cheap in my opinion

Magicjack is a joke, until they come with a standalone ethernet box... there have been ways to use a real VoIP box and get Canadian numbers for while.
I run my magicjack in a pap2t cheapo linksys adapter I picked up on ebay.. Works great plus no magicjack windows process to log certificate, browsing, etc data to sell to make up for the cheap phone service.

How did you get the SIP login information to run Magicjack? I'd sign up in a heartbeat if I could get it to run on my various SIP boxes.

EDIT: Google does wonders... pretty cool!!

Shaw/StarChoice has called me in recent weeks to make sure things were going well with my satellite service.

I pay $1.29/mo for my Canadian DID at voip.ms, with usage billed at 1c/min in 6 second billing increments.