Magic-Raptors game on TNT HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't bother watching anything on TNT. Total waste of bandwidth! Even stretch-o-vision on some of the other HD channels schools the quality on TNT.

Well I missed the early game but I am watching the ATL-BOS game and discounting the lingering in-arena firework smoke, the broadcast looks like 99% of all the other MPEG2 HD broadcasts; about a 7.75/8.0 out of 10; not perfect but decent and VERY, VERY watchable and surely 1000% better than any 4x3 SD. AND 100% never worth ignoring totally; you have to remember that all this is in the infancy stages and many of these syndication networks likely do not hold blanket agreements; so it is highly possible that shows they have syndication deals for may very well NOT have had language written in at the time for OAR or HD rights; then again they may have; but point being none of us know so some of the gripes are somewhat premature. Just be patient.

Now, as for live programming like the NBA; I am waiting for the MPEG4 versions to lay out a final judgment.

Last edited:
I can confirm directv will not be carrying any of the celtics playoff games on fox sports ne hd.

I can confirm directv will not be carrying any of the celtics playoff games on fox sports ne hd.

It was an oversight.

You are full of sh*t, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again, again.

Not to mention it has been comcast sportsnet, all season.

You should really be booted from the directv forum.

Last edited:

Care to expand on that?

I would expect that directv will air whatever the channel airs. Generally they don't pick and choose what games/teams to air. If they carry the RSN, they carry that RSN's programming, pretty simple really.

Yeah, I'm a huge Magic fan and the studio show looked good on the pregame but when the game came on it looked like crap. Kind of glad the game will be on NBA TV on Tuesday, should be a step up.

On a side note though, the Pistons/Sixers and Celtics/Hawks games looked a lot better then the Magic/Raptors game.

I didn't watch the game, but was it in true HD? this usually isn't the case with TNT, but NBATV sometimes shows games on the HD channel that is not in true HD. Maybe this is the reason.

Care to expand on that?

I would expect that directv will air whatever the channel airs. Generally they don't pick and choose what games/teams to air. If they carry the RSN, they carry that RSN's programming, pretty simple really.

For one thing FSN NE doesn't even exist anymore, it is now called CSN NE, and has been close to a year now - and they have been and will continue to show the Celtics games in HD (including playoff games).

Comcast plans to beef up Fox Sports New England - The Boston Globe

This game really looks like crap. Is anyone else seeing the same bad picture I am on the game?

yep....thank goodness, i can watch the next 2 games on my rsn and not tnt! bases, that's sun sports, not fsn florida. i checked the sun sports tv hd guide earlier today!

I've just found that most HD programming on TNT just doesn't look good in general, and I've seen this on E*, D*, and Comcast.

I just laugh when I see that commercial where Ernie Johnson says TNT uses the highest technology for it HD games. What a joke

I just laugh when I see that commercial where Ernie Johnson says TNT uses the highest technology for it HD games. What a joke
Well yeah. The guys who created it were at their "highest" when they did so. They probably had a fun 4/20.

Okay, I got to the thread later than everyone and didn't get my flame in. Damn! My question is, what the heck did this comment have to do with the thread. So, not only is this a repeat of the same post made by Questioner gosh, like months ago and proved wrong, over and over and over and over, but then out of left field he comes back in a different thread with it. Dude needs a vacation, of course when he gets banned he will no doubt be unaware of it and be in the Bahamas as he stated last year.:D:D:D:D:D
Q< I don't think that you can confirm anything about anything and ummmm, no one cares what you think you can confirm, which is nothing.

I watched the Magics/Raptors game on NBA HD, it looked 10x better than what it looked on TNT-HD.

Okay, I got to the thread later than everyone and didn't get my flame in. Damn! My question is, what the heck did this comment have to do with the thread. So, not only is this a repeat of the same post made by Questioner gosh, like months ago and proved wrong, over and over and over and over, but then out of left field he comes back in a different thread with it. Dude needs a vacation, of course when he gets banned he will no doubt be unaware of it and be in the Bahamas as he stated last year.:D:D:D:D:D
Q< I don't think that you can confirm anything about anything and ummmm, no one cares what you think you can confirm, which is nothing.

I love how he/she pops off but yet always refuses to answer direct questions; continues to spew junk and false facts; and is continually proven wrong and never backs any claims; then seems to go into hiding for days or weeks; YET is never "vacationed".

Guess what is on 620-1 tonight?

Celtics_805903_NBA_3Z.gif

You sir, are an IDIOT!

i tried to watch the lakers-nuggests game wednesday night. i lasted 5 minutes, then went back to baseball. even the game highlights on sportscenter looked better than tnt. i'm going to hate when they get nascar in june.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts