Major DIRECTV Rumor Alerts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm,
Multiple New Recvrs, 4K set ups ...

Nah, nothing of interest.

Thank you!

This is a little something for those looking for new receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Common knowledge? The HR44, HR54, H44, C61, 4k channels on the horizon....

What do you mean Source ?
You've been reading about it right here for months now.
Hr44, H44, HR54, C61 ....
All the 4k info that is here ....

exactly, non of that is new
thought there would be a box to compete with the h3

If you haven't been on a site like this, this info is very new to the avg. Person.

true, but new users are coming to see whats on par with the new dish stuff
they are expecting directv to at least match the h3

i would wager they are on the fence over switching, and are coming to see if anything is on the horizon

How archaic of Directv to use hdmi for 4k. How dare they! How would you do it?
the hr54 will not do 4k via hdmi
a mini genie is useless without a tuner, unless they up the number of tuners in the genie
i should not have to have a second fee to have the 4k to the tv with an hr54(you still need a c61k or rvu)

Now we are getting to it. You want a Genie that outputs 4k, not just a client or rvu, yes? It will probably happen, but not yet. There aren't even any linear 4k channels anyways.

Reactions: Jimbo
Now we are getting to it. You want a Genie that outputs 4k, not just a client or rvu, yes? It will probably happen, but not yet. There aren't even any linear 4k channels anyways.
yep, thats what i meant.

it need to be out before the channels, otherwise what use are they?
i actually see the hr-54 being like the 922 from dish. very short lived

It probably won't happen at all. The next new thing will probably be a client/server system. The server may have a hdmi port meant for service. Not general viewing.

It probably won't happen at all. The next new thing will probably be a client/server system. The server may have a hdmi port meant for service. Not general viewing.

that is what the genie was supposed to be, but it would need more than 5 tuners if each client can use 1one

the 18 in the h3 is far above the 3 in the h1/h2

i currently have 7 available, that would be fine
but if its a true server client, 10 may be better, allow for varied tastes within a family

yep, thats what i meant.

it need to be out before the channels, otherwise what use are they?
i actually see the hr-54 being like the 922 from dish. very short lived
I think the HR54 was brought out so D* had access to 4K ... more than others can say.

I would expect a 4k capable box out next.

possibly, but without 4k via hdmi it requires another fee, it wont break me, just the principle of it

that is what the genie was supposed to be, but it would need more than 5 tuners if each client can use 1one

the 18 in the h3 is far above the 3 in the h1/h2

i currently have 7 available, that would be fine
but if its a true server client, 10 may be better, allow for varied tastes within a family
Sounds like you love the Hopper3, why not use it if it does everything you want ?

i prefer the programming on directv atm, but ya never know i may switch again someday

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts