Major problem with my H20 and pixelation!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I am totally confused!

I have a H20 connected directly to a 1080p Vizio via HDMI.

I have a SWM set up.

The HD channels are perfect

Every single SD channel is pixelized.

I ran system test everything is "OK"

Signal strength is 96%-99%

I switched the HDMI cables and still nothing.

What in the world could be causing this?

I am totally confused!

I have a SWM set up.

If it is a H20-600 then its cooked and you need a dif reciever

I am totally confused!

I have a SWM set up.

Have you tried using component cables? sobonefnet could be right, you could have a bad receiver, especially if it is an H20-600. There were many bad ones early on. If you can't get it working correctly, call Directv and have them send you another one. Assuming that you don't own the H20, make sure they don't extend your commitment, since it is defective.

Its a 600. I called them last night and they wanted to send a tech (and all the fees). What can I say to them to send me a new receiver. I do not own it.

Its a 600. I called them last night and they wanted to send a tech (and all the fees). What can I say to them to send me a new receiver. I do not own it.

Tell them it won't even turn on. That should get them to simply send you a new one. Again, make sure they don't extend your commitment for this since it is a defective unit.

OK - just got off the phone with D*, replacement receiver is on it's way via 2 day FedEx. They charged me 19.95 but, they will be no extension to my current contract. I hope they send me an H21 in stead of a H20. They told me I can keep the H20.

OK - just got off the phone with D*, replacement receiver is on it's way via 2 day FedEx. They charged me 19.95 but, they will be no extension to my current contract. I hope they send me an H21 in stead of a H20. They told me I can keep the H20.

Now that's the way it's supposed to work. But just on the safe side, when you get the new receiver and you go to activate it talk to the access card department and make sure they note no extension when they activate it. And then to be double safe I'd e-mail them after that asking them to provide you the end date to your commitment so you have it in writing.

Does the H21 have an ethernet port?

Yes, it has only a single port on it.

You'll be able to access Media Share and TVApps with the current national release software and MRV capability with the next release roll out.

I have MVR on my (2) HR22's. MVR is available on the nonDVR models? I didn't know that.

I have MVR on my (2) HR22's. MVR is available on the nonDVR models? I didn't know that.

It should be on the H21 and H23 with the next national release software update but not the H20 since it doesn't have an ethernet adapter in it.

I just received my shipping confirmation. this is what they sent: E®P_H20 - Model: H20-100C-R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)