Major product flop of 2012 - yahoo

I was in Best Buy this weekend to purchase two Slingbox Solos which are on sale for $99, and while I was there I saw TWO 3D TV's being sold! Both of them were I believe LG sets, and I heard one guy say who was buying one he didn't want a 3D TV because of the cost of the glasses, but that the TV came with 6 pairs of glasses included which sealed the deal.

I think Passive 3D may help expand the 3D footprint some. The fear of $200 broken glasses is gone.

More like a never-was. I suspect 3d tech will be back in a more consumer friendly form some day
I just bought a new 60 inch led and couldn't justify the extra money for 3D. neither could my sister at 55 inches. I do adopt new tech quickly but this isn't ready yet IMO.

HD was the same way in the early days. I bought the first Directv HD box they had and there was only one HD channel at the time.

That must have been the RCA DTC-100. I had one too and I modified mine to have a Firewire I/O so I could record HD to DVHS.
I think Passive 3D may help expand the 3D footprint some. The fear of $200 broken glasses is gone.

Most people figured out that you can just use the ones you get at the theater for the Passive sets.