Major product flop of 2012 - yahoo

I was in Best Buy this weekend to purchase two Slingbox Solos which are on sale for $99, and while I was there I saw TWO 3D TV's being sold! Both of them were I believe LG sets, and I heard one guy say who was buying one he didn't want a 3D TV because of the cost of the glasses, but that the TV came with 6 pairs of glasses included which sealed the deal.

I think Passive 3D may help expand the 3D footprint some. The fear of $200 broken glasses is gone.

More like a never-was. I suspect 3d tech will be back in a more consumer friendly form some day
I just bought a new 60 inch led and couldn't justify the extra money for 3D. neither could my sister at 55 inches. I do adopt new tech quickly but this isn't ready yet IMO.

HD was the same way in the early days. I bought the first Directv HD box they had and there was only one HD channel at the time.

That must have been the RCA DTC-100. I had one too and I modified mine to have a Firewire I/O so I could record HD to DVHS.
I think Passive 3D may help expand the 3D footprint some. The fear of $200 broken glasses is gone.

Most people figured out that you can just use the ones you get at the theater for the Passive sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)