Make my own drive-in movie

bluetrain1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
I want to set up an outdoor nightime tailgate party for me and my friends. We all meet up at a parking lot somewhere and have a nighttime tailgate party - food, beer, and a movie. So, what is a good projector to show movies outside, most likely onto a white block wall, but perhaps onto a homemade screen.

1st check zoning and licencing, even if you own the property (unless its your back yard) then you will only be subject to local noise ordinances. What costs? What size image are you looking for? Do you need HD?

Although not the BEST IMAGE projectors, I would get something you wont be too broken hearted over an accidental breakage caused by a buddy or kid.

Dell 1200MP or 2400MP
BenQ MP610
Optoma EP716 or HD31?

For GOOD projectors you will need to protect:

Panasonic PT-AE900U
Sanyo PLV-Z3 or Z4

Last edited:
God , you must live where there are not any mosquitoes. Down here in southeast Texas we are inudated with them from dusk till dawn. West Nile Virus anyone.:hungry:

dfergie said:
Check this forum for interesting related details...I took my Pj camping last weekend... use a 4'x4' piece of melanine for screen... and Pc speakers...

I totally forgot about that site. Hell, you have sent it to me 2 times. I need some ginkgo!

Has to rain to get mosquitos...( although it has been lately) probably next time I go up I will need to use repellent.... Last Sunday night, full moon and PJ close enought to campfire yet far enough away where the prevailing breeze kept smoke away..l.

Took my old X1 camping, first time this year...

Attachments

• 03-10-07_2026.jpg
    03-10-07_2026.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 03-10-07_1805.jpg
    03-10-07_1805.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 217
We did a movie on the deck last year, big mistake. This year we are going to do it so traffic on the adjacent road cannot see the picture, it cost one of our neighbors a mailbox last year from a rubbernecker!

We did a movie on the deck last year, big mistake. This year we are going to do it so traffic on the adjacent road cannot see the picture, it cost one of our neighbors a mailbox last year from a rubbernecker!

Err, uhhh- what kind of movie were you watching? ;)

We have a large inground pool and I have a Huge projection screen we have attached under the eves. I have The home theatre video wired to outside and audio piped to outside speakers so we have a Dive in Theatre and a keg several times a year. My 1st year of doing it was my big birthday and I guess after too much keg I commenced to showing a non-G rated movie, well it was at the other end of the spectrum. Needless to say, the neighbors still remind of that night several times a year. The minister and his wife from down the street didn't stay for the movie.

We have a large inground pool and I have a Huge projection screen we have attached under the eves. I have The home theatre video wired to outside and audio piped to outside speakers so we have a Dive in Theatre and a keg several times a year. My 1st year of doing it was my big birthday and I guess after too much keg I commenced to showing a non-G rated movie, well it was at the other end of the spectrum. Needless to say, the neighbors still remind of that night several times a year. The minister and his wife from down the street didn't stay for the movie.

LOL :D :up

You know, come to think of it, they have not been back for a movie every since that night. Everyone else has, gosh, I wish I could remeber that night, sounds like it was fun !