OLED DISH Burn In

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
On mine it looks like the heat of the boards behind the panel eventually cause the pixels to degrade.
It looks like the damage is where the video titles are rather than the hot components. I reason that the processors, power supply, RAM and other components that represent concentrated sources of heat would be physically spread out in the TV's cabinet rather than all huddled together in a relatively small area.

It looks like your room lighting demands a brighter image than the typical OLED is able to produce without damaging itself.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It looks like the damage is where the video titles are rather than the hot components. I reason that the processors, power supply, RAM and other components that represent concentrated sources of heat would be physically spread out in the TV's cabinet rather than all huddled together in a relatively small area.

It looks like your room lighting demands a brighter image than the typical OLED is able to produce without damaging itself.
In the pictures I am playing a grey Youtube video which shows the burn in issue. I dont do any shows with video titles stacked like that. The first panel replacement had a square right in front of where the panel driver board is located. When they replaced the panel they also replaced the driver. There are windows in the room that face north so not bright but does create reflections.

There are windows in the room that face north so not bright but does create reflections.
However the light gets there, it seems bright enough that an OLED isn't the appropriate choice (during the daylight hours).

If the driver board is generating so much heat that it bakes the panel, that more than likely confirms that the brightness settings are higher than the TV can handle.