Making "remote 1" RF for the 622

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Good morning all, I recently put my 622 in the closet and have been using remote 2 to control TV1 in single mode. Now I have back-hauled the RF tuner to my cable system so that I can use TV2 in the basement or guest room. However, as you may guess I need two RF remotes now.

I read somewhere, thinking it was here, how to make my remote 1 an RF remote. Since I failed to do it at the time I am an a little bit of a pickle and my search criteria here failed to produce the article.

Anybody here know the button sequence? Thanks.

the remote #1 is ir only... i had an older uhf remote i think its an 8.0 that i made work the tuner 2 side because it doesnt need anything special and i took the remote that was for tuner 2 and flipped the switch where the tab is to make it work tuner 1 and i used the solid insert from the 8.0 remote and cut a notch in it to make it work with the switch that i had moved

Another method is to use the NEXT GENERATION remote control extender which is avilable at www.summitsource.com or www.solidsignal.com. This extender uses a small transmitter-rechargeable battery combination that replaces the regular battery in your existing IR remote and converts the remote to UHF. On the receiver end there is a combination base station-battery charger and extra rechargeble battery.You can use this as is to receive the remote signal and relay it to Your Dish receiver. It also comes with a 6' wire with a small sender on the end of it so you can hide the base station if you want to.

As stated there are several threads in the Technical Sub-Forum.

Since you will be using your TV2 Remote for TV2, you will need to purchase another UHF PRO remote. The one you currently have is a 6.3, but a 6.2 will work, I think some of the buttons have a different color. Whichever remote you use:

- It will need a different key tab, for TV1 the 6.3 uses a "Green Tab, with Black 1, and UHF PRO is eched in it".
- Use different Remote Addresses for each TV Output; such as set TV2 to use Remote Address 2, and then TV1 to use Remote Address 1.
- Once you have your new remote with correct Key Tab and Remote Address Set, press the System Info button inside the front panel, then while in front of the 622, press the RECORD button on your New Remote.

Don't buy from ebay unless you get the key tabs, or it won't work the way you want it to.
To test, you could remove the key tab from TV2 Remote, slide the flat switch over to the right to the third position, change the Address to 1, and then go to sys info and hit record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)