Making switch to Direct. Question about H34 and Home client

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larlane

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
I am getting the H34 along with 3 "DIRECTV® Home Media Center Client Installation" (copied from the order) for a Saturday install. What exactly is the client? Is it the same thing as the new C31? The online manual for the H34 has pictures of this and it looks like the new C31. If it isn't the new C31, what is the difference? If they are not the new C31's, should I ask them to upgrade when they become available before the install?

I placed my order over the phone with AAA (another $200 discount over 20 months.) The rep said I could pause live TV from any room. Wouldn't this have to be an HD DVR to do this? I know when I went online to configure a setup, the only options I had for the 3 clients were HD receivers/DVR's. Can a rep tell me the models of the clients if I called?

One more thing. The photo on the manual of the client only has an HDMI and a 10 pin AV out. I have an older HD TV that has no HDMI. Will I need to get an HDMI to component converter?

Thanks.

Last edited:
It sounds like a call to Directv is in order. They can tell you what equipment is on tap. I does sound like the new C31, especially the description of the AV out. You may well need a converter cable.

You should definitely call DirecTV. I would be concerned that your order is incorrect. One poster reported that the installers arrived without any client boxes, because they thought the order was to connect three RVU-enabled Samsung TVs. Does the order actually show three C31s, with a price, and then a discount to bring the price down to what you expected to pay??

Here is my order

You should definitely call DirecTV. I would be concerned that your order is incorrect. One poster reported that the installers arrived without any client boxes, because they thought the order was to connect three RVU-enabled Samsung TVs. Does the order actually show three C31s, with a price, and then a discount to bring the price down to what you expected to pay??

Item DescriptionPriceQuantityTotal
Home Media Center Additional TV Installation Free 1 Free
Satellite Dish(es) Free 1 Free
20 Months - CBO Free 1 Free
HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX Free for 3 Months Free 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required Free 1 Free
ARS and HD Discount Free 1 Free
HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX Free for 3 Months Free 1 Free
AAA Affinity Discount - $10 off for 20 months Free 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required ($24 Credit Months 1-12, $10 Credit Months 13-24) Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ MAX 2012 Upgrade Free 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required ($5 Online Rebate Months 1-12) Free 1 Free
$10 off for 24 months Advanced Receiver Free 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required ($10 Credit Months 13-24) Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ included for the 2012 Season Free 1 Free
$10 off for 24 months Advanced Receiver Comment Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ MAX 2012 Upgrade Free 1 Free
Advanced Receiver $20.00 1 $20.00
RVU Service $12.00 1 $12.00
GIFTW ACT
AddSavTrk Free 1 Free
AdvRcvTRK Free 1 Free
BasPkgSav Free 1 Free
_Instant Rebate Free 1 Free
PREMw/HBO Free 1 Free
CHOICE XTRA $68.99 1 $68.99
HBO, STARZ!, SHOW, CINEMAX $45.00 1 $45.00
HD Access Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX Upgrade 2012 Season: Included with your base package Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 Season: Included with your base package Free 1 Free
Home Media Center 3 $18.00 1 $18.00
Home Media Center HD DVR $399.00 1 $399.00
DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit Free 1 Free
HMC Receiver Condition Free 1 Free
1st AP Instant Rebate at $300 for HMC was given to the customer based on DIRECTV eligibility requirements. Free 1 Free
DIRECTV® Home Media Center Client Installation (TV) Free 1 Free
MRV Install Free 1 Free
First Instant Rebate ($300.00) 1 ($300.00)
Delivery and Handling Fee$19.95
Professional InstallationFree
Tax$8.33
Order Total$127.28

ckhalil18, your link doesn't work.
larlane, your order is very confusing! I think ckhalil18 is right, it looks like they think you have rvu capable televisions. Why there is a $12 charge for rvu service then an $18 charge for home media center 3 is what I don't understand. You should call and get an answer.

ckhalil18, your link doesn't work.
larlane, your order is very confusing! I think ckhalil18 is right, it looks like they think you have rvu capable televisions. Why there is a $12 charge for rvu service then an $18 charge for home media center 3 is what I don't understand. You should call and get an answer.
If the link doesn't work, do a fake order on Directv's website. Select any package and continue. When you get to the receivers page, you'll see what I'm talking about.

That's the new C31. Are you supposed to get two of them? That's what your order says. I still don't get the HMC3 $18 charge.

I'm confused, I don't see any C31s on the order at all...

Called Direct. It was set up for the RVU, so it was wrong. They said the c31 will be available on 10/1. No word on pricing. Ill be waiting until then to place the order.

Still, I am wondering about the charges. I assume there should be no RVU charge? Why a HMC charge of $18 AND a $20 advanced receiver charge?

Advanced Receiver $20.00 1 $20.00
RVU Service $12.00 1 $12.00
GIFTW ACT
AddSavTrk Free 1 Free
AdvRcvTRK Free 1 Free
BasPkgSav Free 1 Free
_Instant Rebate Free 1 Free
PREMw/HBO Free 1 Free
CHOICE XTRA $68.99 1 $68.99
HBO, STARZ!, SHOW, CINEMAX $45.00 1 $45.00
HD Access Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX Upgrade 2012 Season: Included with your base package Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 Season: Included with your base package Free 1 Free
Home Media Center 3 $18.00 1 $18.00
Home Media Center HD DVR $399.00 1 $399.00
DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit Free 1 Free
HMC Receiver Condition Free 1 Free
1st AP Instant Rebate at $300 for HMC was given to the customer based on DIRECTV eligibility requirements. Free 1 Free
MRV Install Free 1 Free
First Instant Rebate ($300.00) 1 ($300.00)
DIRECTV® Home Media Center Client Installation (TV) Free

The rvu charge is for each tv that is rvu compliant. It's the same charge if you had a receiver/dvr there. Like I mentioned earlier, the $18 HMC charge is confusing. Did you ask about that?

I thought I read from another thread that it's still a $6 monthly fee for each C31. Since the OP was going to have 3 of them, I think they just combined them to one fee of $18 per month. The $12 for RVU service is what's confusing me.

The rvu service is for the two televisions that they thought he was going to use without a C31 I think. The HMC charge is the one that I don't get.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts