Man Of Steel.

Tomorrow with my kids at 845am in 3D :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I really liked it. Can't wait for #2 which I hear is already in the works

I really liked it. Can't wait for #2 which I hear is already in the works

I had a lot of mixed feelings coming out of it. It was interesting, but the tone was off in a way that's hard to pinpoint. And there were definitely some plot points that bothered the crap out of me. But then again, I've been a Superman fan since I was a little kid, I think the general public will like this much more than Superman Returns.

They already started making a Superman 2 and found this article very interesting they are going to have a Justice Leagus out in 2015 :) DC vs. Marvel: 2015 Can't Get Here Fast Enough http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/06/15/dc-vs-marvel-2015-cant-get-here-fast-enough.aspx According to Deadline.com, both men have signed on with studio parent Time Warner to make a Man of Steel sequel while Goyer is on board to write Justice League, a DC Comics superhero team-up film scheduled for 2015 that will compete with Whedon's Avengers sequel. Video here

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a lot of mixed feelings coming out of it. It was interesting, but the tone was off in a way that's hard to pinpoint. And there were definitely some plot points that bothered the crap out of me. But then again, I've been a Superman fan since I was a little kid, I think the general public will like this much more than Superman Returns.

The few things I didn't like were:
The fact that they killed off Johnathon Kent and the fact that Lois knew who Superman was from the very beginning.

The review in our paper Friday said this movie was "dull"... I don't know what movie the writer reviewed, but it wasn't the movie I saw yesterday! I don't know that the 3D was really necessary and didn't add that much to the enjoyment of this movie. I do agree with the writer about the end of the movie, but this was a fairly dark movie, in the vein of the "Dark Knight" series. No surprise considering the production cast.

I don't know how DC can do a "Justice League" movie since they have effectively dismissed Batman from the current mix. I suppose Bruce Wayne could get bored with Selina and come back to Gotham. Then all you would need would be the rest of the League. Would a studio even take a chance on a full-length "Aquaman" movie? The Green Lantern movie wasn't exactly a box office hit, either (although I liked it) and we're waiting for a sequel that may never be made.

Watched it last night and I must say I enjoyed it. The 3d was worthless save your money. But the movie was not bad. Certainly the best superman movie to come out since the originals with Christopher Reeves. I really liked the flash backs and the scenes on Krypton, would of like the story to have been slowed down a bit and go more into details as that backstory seems very interesting.

seen it twice and enjoyed it as much as the first time over the weekend.

A lot of people are po'd, just read one about a previous superman writer for the comic that was mad because of the ending and what happened to Zod. Helloooooooooo, any of you "film critic" has beens ever seen Superman II. Morons.

What pisses me off about these comic book movies is when some turd who wrote one portion or set of the series in comic form, thinks they are the end all for direction of the character. Ive read enough comics to realize every time they switch a writer, or start a new saga, it not always a turn for the more interesting. Some comic writers and artists just plain suck.

This reminds me of all the whining about how Bond's attitude was for Quantum of Solace and how that wasnt Bond (the whole revenge motive). Get over yourself, it was a good freakng movie. Superman needs an update, the comic is quite boring at time with the invincible boy scout.

Lets face it, if two super powerful beings get in a fight on earth, a LOT of humans are gonna die in the process. This aint care bears, and thats what I like about Batman comics. They are brutal and real, and a "real" superman battle would be the same way.

This is in no way an endorsement for the movie, ive not seen it. Im just tired of these "comic" people that act like they matter.

The review in our paper Friday said this movie was "dull"... I don't know what movie the writer reviewed, but it wasn't the movie I saw yesterday! I don't know that the 3D was really necessary and didn't add that much to the enjoyment of this movie. I do agree with the writer about the end of the movie, but this was a fairly dark movie, in the vein of the "Dark Knight" series. No surprise considering the production cast.

I don't know how DC can do a "Justice League" movie since they have effectively dismissed Batman from the current mix. I suppose Bruce Wayne could get bored with Selina and come back to Gotham. Then all you would need would be the rest of the League. Would a studio even take a chance on a full-length "Aquaman" movie? The Green Lantern movie wasn't exactly a box office hit, either (although I liked it) and we're waiting for a sequel that may never be made.

The plan is to reboot Batman. Fine by me, the last one was a steaming pile. Plus Wayne enterprises is shown in the movie, at least a logo. I also read a good article where the comments are made that Superman is the first to come forward, alluding there are no other super heroes yet in this universe. Allows DC to take it from the beginning and create a cinematic universe like Marvel has.

I think we've seen this with several comic movies. My defense is that just like there are 4 different Batman comics currently, two Avengers, etc... with their own plots, the movie's have to take their own course to create their own Universe. Hell, DC and Marvel just kinda rebooted everything and shook all kinds of stuff up in the comics. I think its a good thing.

At least you arent me, a serious Wolverine fan stuck in hell with the High Jackman crap from Fox...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts