Manhattan 3.2 Firmware Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ahhh, ok so its automatic. But, then there is still no way to store a position for multiple birds so the Manhattan can drive the v-box.

The 22 khz is automatic when set to universal 5150 - 10750. I can show you some pics if it would help. It won't take me long to change over. But picking the universal setting activates the 22 khz switch. That is how the unit switched between c and ku bands.

I'm having an issue with the info button. When I want to see channel info and signal quality I press the info button after exiting from the menu and it's all there. If I attempt to repeat I get a record screen. Is there a setting I could use to have the permanent tp info screen?

Ahhh, ok so its automatic. But, then there is still no way to store a position for multiple birds so the Manhattan can drive the v-box.
Brent runs his according to post 33. So the receiver must be storing posisitions... That said, maybe he can chime in with a solution to the "not storing posisitions" problem you are having.

stone1150, not sure how you can still have 22khz options still available. When I set the antenna up as "motorized" there is no 22Khz option...if I set it up as "fixed" and select "universal, 5150-10750" the 22Khz option becomes unselectable...

I've emailed Jeff Schumann about the necessity of having the 22khz configurable in every sat config menu. Hopefully this will happen in a future version. I prefer to use my UNIV LNBF as 10600 22khz ON, but cannot do that with this software. Still, it works using it as a 9750/10600 Univ, so I can live with that for awhile. :)

I'm using a universal lnb as well with the manhattan on my ku setup. My lnb setting is also set to 9750/10600. My issue is more with the info screen as I stated in my previous post. There must be a setting I could change for that screen to pop up every time I press the i button.

I'm having an issue with the info button. When I want to see channel info and signal quality I press the info button after exiting from the menu and it's all there. If I attempt to repeat I get a record screen. Is there a setting I could use to have the permanent tp info screen?
Costact, When a new file is loaded, you need to go to the DVR setup area and disable the "timeshift". Set it to off. Then the info button will function. A different workaround is to change channels and then change back. Before the banner goes off, hit the info button and it will display the signal info. There are changes comming to the info button.

Brent runs his according to post 33. So the receiver must be storing posisitions... That said, maybe he can chime in with a solution to the "not storing posisitions" problem you are having.
I'm not having problems storing positions at all, I just tried another one, and it stores to the Gbox. I assume you're changing the position number from the default "0" each time. I DO notice however, that on powerup , with the Diseqc switch installed, the box doesn't communicate with the Gbox until I go into the menu and satellite setup area. THEN the Diseqc switch shifts and the Gbox is ready . That is a problem and should be addressed, unless of course it's my Diseqc switch, but I'm getting too much consistency to think that would be the case. [edit] Checking with a new Diseqc 1.1 switch, in motor mode, I see the same problem. The stb doesn't activate the switch on power on. So when you power up you must go into the menu setup area for the motor, and THEN the switching comes alive. Definitely a problem in both Diseqc 1.0 and Diseqc 1.1 switching. The switches work fine on powerup in "Fixed Antenna Mode", but not in motorized mode.

Last edited:
Well, I'm seeing so many little caveats to all the different things I'm trying to explain that I'm getting a little frustrated and I really can't type enough to describe them all. FTA is a hobby and we enjoy tinkering like this, but at some point, I do enjoy actually "watching it" without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. I expect having to mickey mouse with Chinese knockoff units. Not a quality North American unit.

It sounds like more motoring/22khz type features need to be added to more menus but this was said since day one when motoring issues were reported.
I was really excited for this firmware upgrade as it was said it would address these issues. Were the testers of this new firmware just only been applying the testing to whatever particular setup THEY have been using? Granted, its tough to cover every scenario, but I think this is a quite common feature set people are using...C/KU LNB, 22Khz switching and a positioner to move their dish that works in conjunction with (receives commands from) the receiver.
I really do appreciate the people who are helping out and suggesting work-arounds and explanations though....maybe its time for me to take a break for the afternoon. :)

Well, I'm seeing so many little caveats to all the different things I'm trying to explain that I'm getting a little frustrated and I really can't type enough to describe them all. FTA is a hobby and we enjoy tinkering like this, but at some point, I do enjoy actually "watching it" without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. I expect having to mickey mouse with Chinese knockoff units. Not a quality North American unit.

It sounds like more motoring/22khz type features need to be added to more menus but this was said since day one when motoring issues were reported.
I was really excited for this firmware upgrade as it was said it would address these issues. Were the testers of this new firmware just only been applying the testing to whatever particular setup THEY have been using? Granted, its tough to cover every scenario, but I think this is a quite common feature set people are using...C/KU LNB, 22Khz switching and a positioner to move their dish that works in conjunction with (receives commands from) the receiver.
I really do appreciate the people who are helping out and suggesting work-arounds and explanations though....maybe its time for me to take a break for the afternoon. :)

I know that it's a little frustrating. I wish this software had an antenna definition page, with lnbf settings, Diseqc settings, 22khz settings, motors settings, etc, too. With my Solomend 800, I can handle both my cband dish and motorized Ku dish, at the same time. I'm hoping the next beta will come out with some of these improvements. Meanwhile , the receiver IS functional, but not flexible. I'm running a Gbox and Cband with one Manhattan, my Motorized Ku dish with the Solomend 800 and a second Manhattan is monitoring them both via a Diseqc 1.1 switch. Happily, My Ku setup is solid, and with the Solomend 800 also monitoring the Cband dish, I could lose both Manhattans and still see any TV I need. :)

Here are my settings for the Manhattan when I have the occasional problem with SD channels:

Manhattan firmware LRJM03.2 (Sept 1, 2011). Downloaded from the Manhattan site.

- Fixed Sat
- AMC-16 settings - LNB freq 10000, Diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 are both disabled, 22 KHz off, Polarity is auto
- AUTO video resolution
- AUTO Aspect Mode
- YUV Video Out
- BS Digital Audio Out
(I'm using HDMI connection to my tv set which I won't replace because it's HDMI compatibiity is fine)
- Local Time: German-by Region (the default)
- All Timers are off
- No Favorites set
- LNB Power - ON
- Channel Play Type - All
- Beeper and Auto-Standby are both OFF
- No External Hard drive or USB thumb drive are connected for PVR functions

Per another comment posted today, I'll try setting the video resolution and aspect ratio to anything but AUTO and see if that helps just in case the AUTO setting is messed up in the Sept firmware. I will also see if my Openbox S10 has those particular settings and what they are set to - they might not be set to auto but rather to a resolution that matches the maximum resolution of my HD monitor and that might explain why the Openbox has no issues but the Manhattan does.

EDIT: On the HDMI handshaking post about potentially what's going on, it's not going to black screen and popping up as good video. It's going through some weird flicker or picture breakup and then a moment later I get the "no HDMI" input indication on my tv monitor. I've never seen what I understand to be a HDMI handshake look like that before! I should also check the composite video output just for kicks to see if that is also affected or just the HDMI output.

As an aside, I found another unpublished full-time signal today that will lock and write out channels in blind scan but won't tune immediately after blind scan ends. Openbox S10 has the same issue so maybe the ALI chip has a design flaw unless the programmers of each box have made the same software bug which I highly doubt would be the case. No problems scanning and watching with the AZBOX and Coolsat receivers on that same signal, btw.

Last edited:
I set the resolution to 1080i to match my HD set and the aspect to 16:9 (i.e. both no longer set to AUTO) and the Echostar AMC-16 ID slate comes in now without any flicker or other issues. Whether that means AUTO is messed up (or should be removed and have the default 480i and 4:3 aspect until the user changes it), I dunno. I'll put the manhattan with these non-AUTO settings through a good challenge on Saturday and see if I still see occasional feeds that have the flicker and loss of HDMI or if all is good now just by changing those two settings away from AUTO.

I believe the only thing you don't get back is 22khz switch control. That is hopefully going to come in a future version. :)

Yes, I see that I had to use "universal" as previously mentioned to get my lnb to work. 10600 22k on would be better, although I see it scans thru the lower band pretty fast as there are no tp's on most of our N.A. sats.

New issue for me with the new FW. When changing channels on some sats the picture locks for a second, drops out the abruptly pops back in, sometimes with a noise burst in the audio. Not that bad, but makes me think the new FW is barely syncing up with the ch. I did not have this hic up with the original FW. Anyone else see this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)