Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Jeff from Mahattan has sent me over the latest firmware update for the Manhattan Receiver!

It should be noted that if you use this firmware it will wipe out all your channel information. (Basically it wipes everything out and you start from scratch) If you do not want to lose this info then you are advised to wait as there is supposed to be an upgrade coming which does not wipe everything out.

Here are the release notes I was sent:

Update List
Update List

1. Manual PID.

2. C/Ku universal LNBF settings.

3. Horizontal and Vertical Scanning.
Works in “fixed” mode. Does not work in “motor” mode

4. Up-load through USB. Which allows you to upload your scanned channels and changes made to you program list.

5. Un-lawful download. Will not allow bad files to be loaded onto the receiver.

6. DiSEqC 1.0 has been added.
Works in Fixed and “motor” settings. But not working in motor settings when USALS is selected.

7. DiSEqC 1.1 has been added.
Works in Fixed and “motor” settings. But not working in motor settings when USALS is selected.

8. Motor Drive movement works in DiSEqC, but only when you control in Horizontal or Vertical settings.

9. The USALS motor control still is being worked on. We are had some issues with this but the sw guys are working hard at it. We will have this done shortly, which will include all motor control.

10. Removal of games.

11. Addition of video format key on remote.

The receiver that I have has a res key. It only displays the resolution for HD signals.

12. Unicable for more than one receiver off one Unicable LNBF. Built in switching that allows the use on up to four receivers from one antenna and LNBF.

Pending Updates

1. Channel audio & video select will be changed. Depress the OK button twice to activate channel or satellite.
2. Black screen for audio.
3. Adding additional information to the “i” information key. FEC, S2, MPEG format, Pilot on/off, etc..
4. Motor drive movement.

Future updates will be available in the near future. If you have a suggestion for a feature, please send me an email.

I will also be posting this file in our file area for download shortly, but wanted to post it here as well so I could warn you and give you the release notes. :)

Attachments

• MANHATTAN03_2_2011090101.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 385
Scott
Is this any different than the version 3.2 some of us have run for a few weeks?
From the title (09012011) it doesnt look like it

Thanks for putting up the file Scott, it's good to see progress on this project. I'll give it a try this weekend. Since you can now can upload/download files is there a loader program needed? Also is an editor available?
And my thanks to the Manhattan people.

It's the same file we have been testing. We thought that something should be released to show progress. So after some discussion, Jeff agreed to release it to the public. Fixes are taking place. At least this should get everyone on the same page and eliminate any complaints that have already been addressed. The order that things will be fixed is..... Function first. In other words, fix the motor and switch stuff before putting the signal info in. That is just an example of how things will be delt with which I feel is a good thing. Have a great day!

I must add here..... Only load the "product glass" file that is 4 meg in size! The other files that are there are not ment for the usb loading! The file that everyone wants is at the bottom of the list. Have a great day!

We thought that something should be released to show progress. So after some discussion, Jeff agreed to release it to the public. Fixes are taking place.

as long as the "pending updates" sections is in the release notes so there is an understanding what is still being worked on (i.e. Diseqc motor stuff from today's disclosure), that's a great thing to release
firmware with some things fixed/added yet other important things disclosed as known issues and working hard to put it in the next version.

To be safe, only put the "product_glass" file on the usb stick. I bricked a Manhattan by loading the wrong .abs file. Lesson learned ! :)

thanks for the heads up. downloaded the file and saw some other files in there and I know I would have assumed they were channel update lists or whatever but I saw your message so I can put the "product glass" only on my USB stick.

btw, this release is firmware stuff only and no new default channel listings, correct? (or is the default channel entries stuff merged with the firmware in the "product glass" file?)

I have a question. Will the Manhattan work with a motor at all? I am putting up a 4' Ku only motorized dish, and I was planning on using the Manhattan with it.

I have a question. Will the Manhattan work with a motor at all? I am putting up a 4' Ku only motorized dish, and I was planning on using the Manhattan with it.

Bob,

My Manhattan is working well with a 4' Ku motorized dish. I am using a V-box with DiSEqC 1.2 control and actuator arm.

Pixl said:
Bob,

My Manhattan is working well with a 4' Ku motorized dish. I am using a V-box with DiSEqC 1.2 control and actuator arm.

Ok, this one will be on a H-H mount. It is a Premium HD 2000 motor. Can I use DiSEqC with a H-H motor?

Pixl, You can save the files and load through the USB. Without a rs232 port, a loader program won't do much good. There will be a channel editor. A few of us are playing with that now.

Thanks to everyone for the help. So in short the Manhattan should have no problem with this motor?

Got this new firmware loaded, set up my positions using the DiseqC commands but finding something odd. When the receivers tells my Vbox to move my dish, it moves where it's supposed to but does not tune a live channel/transponder that I know is there.
For example, I watch history on 101 and select the 103 bird with the CBC mux on it, the dish goes exactly where its supposed to, but no signal. I go into the satellite menu and select the transponder and it shows signal no problem. Press exit and the picture shows up. It seems almost as if I have to convince the receiver that there is signal before it will tune the channel.
I head back to 101 and the same issue. Almost seems like some sort of bug or something. Can anyone else try this and see what happens? The channel/satellite I happened to reference is irrelevant. It just doesn't seem to think it has landed on the bird/transponder.
Thoughts??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts