Manhattan FW Ver 3.8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
After selling my Openbox and MicroHD I fired up the Manhattan again. The last few FW updates had problems, and I kept falling back to 3.4 . I didn't know about 3.8, just that 3.9 had trouble. Loaded 3.8 this week and many features started working. Manual pid entry works just fine now, as well as it can operate my system with two diseqc 1.2 controllers and a USALS motor and several layers of switches. The USALS motor has to be toggled on in the motor menu as it conflicts with 1.2 . For me this isn't much of an inconvenience as I don't use the USALS much.
I've been playing with the manual pids all evening, works quite well.

I've settled back to 3.8, after a couple rounds of ver 3.9 . I saw my Manhattan periodically rebooting one evening ( under 3.9), even though I wasn't using it. Sometimes, it would also "forget" that I was in motorized dish mode, and switch to fixed antenna. Ver 3.8 seems more stable to me, too, albeit, not the firmware feature set that I would choose. :)
I still have the Solomend, MicroHD and Manhattan , and will no doubt keep them all.

I being using 3.8 for some time working fine w/out any bugs at all. Do you know there is a new release 3.8B dated 08/05/2012???

FYI, 3.9 was never supposed to be made public. Some got it and were trusted to play with it themselves and it was posted instead. There are changes comming. Look for the improvements that need to be done comming soon. There will be no 3.9. Then next version will be 4.0 and subsequent versions will go up from there. The Manhattan site will have the updates as they are released. There will also be a readme file included in the updates so everyone will be aware of changes that are being made as things move along. Have a great day!

I being using 3.8 for some time working fine w/out any bugs at all. Do you know there is a new release 3.8B dated 08/05/2012???

You are referring to a test file. Not one for release! The only files for release will be on the Manhattan web site. Who told you of 3.8? Last I knew only us testing the files had that and were to keep it quiet as it was an in progress for the next release which will be 4.0. Leaks must be stopped as they only lead to trouble as 3.9 proved.

Again.... Files for release will only be posted at the Manhattan web site. Have a great day!

Last edited:
You are referring to a test file. Not one for release! The only files for release will be on the Manhattan web site. Who told you of 3.8? Last I knew only us testing the files had that and were to keep it quiet as it was an in progress for the next release which will be 4.0. Leaks must be stopped as they only lead to trouble as 3.9 proved.

Again.... Files for release will only be posted at the Manhattan web site. Have a great day!

I'm sorry my friend, the new 3.8B was sent from Jeff Manhattan to Hyper at legalfreetoair and the file is posted there as official. I guess you need to go back to Jeff and ask him about the leaks.

Here is the official post released:

Manhattan RS-1933 Latest Factory Release V3.8b 08/06/12

Just received this direct from Manhattan. There are more updates coming soon.
smiley.gif

From Manhattan:

Enclosed is update of 3.8b that will add audio PIDS for:

For radio feed addicts, version 3.8b is a good update.

I have increased the number of audio pids that can be on a single transponder for radio.

The Dial Global mux on 139W C-band can now scan in all 43 audio pids. (Previously could only get 20 of the audio channels)

Quite a few of the radio stations on the Citadel mux on that same bird scan in, but not all yet.

I was told that the only official release files would be from the manhattan site. So maybe hyper got the file to play with and he released it. Just going by what the emails from the people I been working with. Maybe nobody should get any files anymore except through Manhattan. Guess I get to fire off an email and see just what the heck is going on.......
3.9 was never supposed to be released and was. But it was not through Manhattan now was it? And people had problems. Only 3.8 was listed. Until I hear further, I am only going to recommend people get updates from Manhattan, unless they want another possible problem like 3.9 was on their hands. Have a great day and thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Just went and reread my e-mail about 3.8b........ Hyper left out what was at the bottom..... The end says...

For now, this file is for 'testing purposes only', not for general distribution yet. It still needs to be put through the paces of testing.

I guess we now where the leak is now don't we......... Have a great day!

For peoples info... we are looking at 4.0 for the next release. Just so you know. That will be the next "official" release from what I have been told. It is being tested now.

OK so sorry to bring the 3.8B into the scenario. I dont want to create problems or get Hyper into it. I agree with you, all official releases should be handle thru the Manhattan site.

OK so sorry to bring the 3.8B into the scenario. I dont want to create problems or get Hyper into it. I agree with you, all official releases should be handle thru the Manhattan site.

It's all cool my friend. I inquired and got a reply. The mixup was just that. a mixup. The 3.8b was a file in process. After contacting Jeff, he informed me of the mistake. Then he said that he would release 4.0 if we thought it would be ok. I told him I had no problems with it and I thought it should be released. I was then givin the go ahead to release it if anyone wanted it. It will be posted at the Manhattan site shortly. We all agree that the releases will be through the Manhattan site. But because of the latest confusion 4.0 can be released now as i was told to go ahead if people wanted. Also, all future releases will have a "readme" file explaining what changes have been made.

Again...... Only because of the confusion am I uploading this. So from now on the releases will be through the Manhattan site to save any further confusion. Enjoy!

Attachments

• RS1933Version40.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
Hey folks. This is Casey (Hyper). I just want to clear up any confusion here, i was told by Jeff i could release 3.8b on my forum. He emailed it to me and said it was OK to release. I still have the email. Just wanted to point this out. I would never "leak" a release if i was told not to. I am not that kind of person. That said, its always best to get the firmware from the Manhattan site just to be sure.

No worries Casey, Jeff has done the same thing here in the past. :)

He gets excited about his product and wants people to have the latest fixes and in his excitment he forgets that the software he has is still beta. :)

So whats this (4.0) firmware fix? Is that it?

Changes from Version 3.8 to 4.0:
- Increased the number of audio PIDs that can be scanned into a single channel
- Zoom button on the remote brings up the zoom option on screen

Hey folks. This is Casey (Hyper). I just want to clear up any confusion here, i was told by Jeff i could release 3.8b on my forum. He emailed it to me and said it was OK to release. I still have the email. Just wanted to point this out. I would never "leak" a release if i was told not to. I am not that kind of person. That said, its always best to get the firmware from the Manhattan site just to be sure.

No worries Casey, Jeff has done the same thing here in the past.

He gets excited about his product and wants people to have the latest fixes and in his excitment he forgets that the software he has is still beta. :)

Thats right. I emailed him and he manned up. Thats what I was getting at as far as the confusion goes. I apoligise. That said, we discussed amongst ourselves and in order to eliminate the confusion, the future releases will be through Manhattan site only. To get everyone on the same page, Jeff gave me the go ahead to release the version 4.0 at this time since we were all in agreement to release it and they wasn't sure when it would be posted at Manhattan.
But like I said, all future releases will be done through Manhattan to prevent this confusion from happening again and to prevent a buggy update like 3.9 from causing problems. Have a great day!

So whats this (4.0) firmware fix? Is that it?

Manhattan RS-1933 Version 4.0 Firmware Release Notes - August 9, 2012
---------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note - There was an unofficial version 3.9 firmware that was never intended to be released, but ended up being fairly widely distributed on the internet. Version 3.9 has been scrapped, and all future RS-1933 firmware releases will be based on enhancements made to version 3.8 code. Some of the working functionality from 3.9 such as the ability to delete all channels from a single satellite, without deleting the transponders, will be coming very soon to a new RS-1933 firmware release.
The Manhattan Digital development team has already started work on the next firmware release.
Thank you for your support. Be sure to check the official Manhattan Digital support page for new updates.
Manhattan-Digital: Support

FYI: New person writing firmware for the Manhattan now. Forgot to mention that earlier. Updates should be more timely. Just wanted everyone to know. Have a great day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts