Manhattan Plaza ST550

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
My postman delievered my new toy today! Took it out of the box and went to plug it in and to my surprize it has a British power plug on it. Guess I should not be surprized since it is a British box. So to radio shack I go this weekend to get an adapter. The box is quite large about twice the size of my Coolsat pro. Guess it has to be larger since it is PVR ready. Really excited about the 36 VDC positioner which is built in - Don't know of any other FTA box that has one.

Is it the 2 or 3 prong plug? Will it accept 110v input? If not you might need 110 --> 220v power converter.

Shawn

I ran into the same thing with my vbox II which is why i havent hooked it up yet. That is exactly what I need Shawn, I am ordering one tonight, thanks.

Jim, I am very interested in hearing how the Manhattan does, that seems like a very nice FTA STB. I cant wait to hear how blind scan is in comparision to the Coolsat. I cant remember, does the Manhattan have ac-3 support? How about polarizer connections? And how long did shipping take? If the Manhatten works out well for you there will prolly be a pansat 2700 and vbox II posted in the classified area before long ;-)

Thomas,

The manual does not specifically call out AC3 support but it does sport a SP/DIF jack on the back...is that the same thing? I don't need AC3 so I don't know. Yes it has connections for the mechanical polariser. Ya, I am really jazzed to get this puppy powered up and I too have just ordered one of those adapters from Tiger. Shipping was really quick! Was via the post and it took less than a week from England to Virginia via JFK and customs I imagine. It arrived in good shape with no dings in the carton.

rayydio said:
it's a two prong. The box has a universal power supply...110-220 VAC 50/60 HZ

Hehe, that's always a chore with those european units. But the power supply will function as stated from 90- 230 50/60hz.

I f you have a Mori Luggage in a mall near you, I've had good luck finding the adapters there. http://www.moriluggage.com/content/Category-18-1-30.htm?CategoryName=Electrical

Or you can check in with these guys: http://appliances.safeshopper.com/90/cat90.htm

:up The power scan on the ST550 is the best I've seen on any unit I have used so far. (many)

just because it has a SPDIF output doesnt mean it outputs AC-3. I have a couple receivers that have the plug but won't do AC-3
-KUSat
-NeoSat
-Coolsat 4000 before the upgrade

and yes the plug you need is readily available. Its the one that Shawn posted. I bought an analog receiver that had the same thing :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts