Manhattan RS-1933 Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have always been against numerous "subforums" within the main area. It clutters up the area and it confuses newbies and I dont want that. They worry where to post. Heck right now we have that issue. If you're having an issue with your C-Band setup do you post in C-Band or the mian area?

The azbox is unique in its own way. Thats why it really warrants its own forum.
PC cards honestly should be mixed in the main area. No need for its own area as its not that popular
The SSO while nice is a DVB receiver that can do S2. So does the Pansat 9200, Coolsat 8000, 8100 etc. So do those get joined in there too?
The Manhattan is pretty much in the same boat as the above.

It seems like when something "new" comes out this happens. Folks get all giddy and feel we need a separate forum for _________________ receiver. After a little while it simmers down.

Also thought of combining the C-Band and 4DTV area into one too....

just my thoughts on this late Friday :)

There are good and bad points to adding new sections.
I do not think you can build a forum that does not confuse people that are new to the hobby or internet forums. No matter what you do, somebody will post in the wrong section.
A person that has over of sixty thousand posts in one internet forum will probably be able to find things easier than a person with only ten posts. Somebody that comes here only looking for information on the Openbox will have to look a while before they find all of it. Sectioning receivers off by name should make it easier to find information on a particular product for most people. It would definitely be a bit more work on the staff keeping everything organized because some people will post anywhere about anything.
Sometimes the motto of "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" is best. GregH

I am hoping to have my review of the Manhattan done tomorrow. I've been doing screen captures and a whole barage of tests on C and Ku Band. I am trying to do a detailed "Iceberg" style review of the receiver.

I am using the latest firmware for my tests, which means that I've had to re-test some items.

I am hoping to have my review of the Manhattan done tomorrow. I've been doing screen captures and a whole barage of tests on C and Ku Band. I am trying to do a detailed "Iceberg" style review of the receiver.

I am using the latest firmware for my tests, which means that I've had to re-test some items.

We'll be looking forward to it. Can't have too much information. Even contradictory info is valuable to get your mind flowing ! :)

brentb636 said:
We'll be looking forward to it. Can't have too much information. Even contradictory info is valuable to get your mind flowing ! :)

Same here. Looking forward to lots of info. After reading here about the Openbox I decided against it, but I'm considering the Manhattan. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Same here. Looking forward to lots of info. After reading here about the Openbox I decided against it, but I'm considering the Manhattan. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Don't give up on the S9 as it is a great box for the price and the FW is much better now. Plays HD with no stutter and can record in TS & direct Mpeg...still no clock...with that said I am seriously looking at the Manhattan as a second box. The problems with the S9 are exactly why I don't want two and I sure don't want two different STB's with problems.

I bought a 32" HDTV for the bedroom and have a Viewsat in there that don't do AC3 or S2 so the Manhattan has a new home in the living room so I can move the S9 to the BR.

I bought the S9 for the family for Xmas (shussshhhh, that is what I told them) and it looks like a Manhattan this Xmas if the reviews continue to improve. Xmas is in Aug, Sep, or Oct here...whenever I say it is and it is when those reviews are all 5*!

Don't give up on the S9 as it is a great box for the price and the FW is much better now. Plays HD with no stutter and can record in TS & direct Mpeg...still no clock...with that said I am seriously looking at the Manhattan as a second box. The problems with the S9 are exactly why I don't want two and I sure don't want two different STB's with problems.

I bought a 32" HDTV for the bedroom and have a Viewsat in there that don't do AC3 or S2 so the Manhattan has a new home in the living room so I can move the S9 to the BR.

I bought the S9 for the family for Xmas (shussshhhh, that is what I told them) and it looks like a Manhattan this Xmas if the reviews continue to improve. Xmas is in Aug, Sep, or Oct here...whenever I say it is and it is when those reviews are all 5*!

Which firmware allows you to record in ts or mpeg?
Norman

At least I expect the staff to handle the future firmware versions of the Manhattan in a order manner. I see same firmware versions with differents names posted everywhere for the Openbox. We shouldn't allow posting of firmware versions inside of regulars post. Also renaming the firmwares in differents ways. Recall in the past most of the STB brands usually used the same name format for all their versions.

You can choose TS or PS recording with the firmware dated 7-15-11.

This is right. I didn't know PS was an mpeg file till I hooked up the HDD to the laptop. It also plays other video files too but not AVI.

I hope the Manhattan has all of this+. Also, the S9 and its sluggish menus. I hit channel down and it sits there. So thinking I wasn't pointed at it right I try a few more times then it jumps 5 channels.

I hope this is not related to the 3602 just plain not having enough horse power.

Also, the Manhattan is a good looking box! I seen the menus on a review and they look almost exactly like the S9 but brighter and easier to read for us guys approaching 50, um, I mean 25...

I also think there are a lot of "us" sitting on the fence. Just look at the views this post has had.

Sorry for any confusion on the latest firmware. It was written on the 11th. I used the date it was posted which is the 15th. Please accept my apoligy for any confusion on this issue of dates. Thank you and have a great day!

Thanks for the review. I am thinking about getting one of these and a new C/Ku band dish and get into the FTA hobby.

I am quite impressed with the receiver. As I mentioned in the review, it has a few quirks that need to be worked out, but none of those quirks are a show-stopper for the basic hobbiest in my opinion. From what I've seen of the support that the unit is getting, I'm willing to bet that many of the quirks will be worked out shortly.

I like it but it wont work with my Dish and Motor.

When I turn on Motorized Dish I can't get a signal from the dish. Turn off Motorized Dish and signal comes through fine.

Part of the issue could be the DISEQ Swtch built into my LNB, so I ordered a WS741 LNB which uses 22 Khz switching instead. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

(BTW I should note to move my dish I am using a GBOX controller.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)