Manhattan RS-1933 Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I like it but it wont work with my Dish and Motor.

When I turn on Motorized Dish I can't get a signal from the dish. Turn off Motorized Dish and signal comes through fine.

Part of the issue could be the DISEQ Swtch built into my LNB, so I ordered a WS741 LNB which uses 22 Khz switching instead. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

(BTW I should note to move my dish I am using a GBOX controller.)

Hey Scott,

This was a hard decision for me when I bought my DMX741 with 22 KHz switching, or 741U with DISEQ switching. Do I need universal etc? The 22 KHz made the decision. A DISEQ switch can have 2,4,8 ports to switch dishes, but 22 KHz is on or off, and with two bands (C & Ku), that just works for me!

When the new S9 FW quit switching...I was thinking here we go again, but they got it fixed quickly. I have never used a DISEQ controlled motor, but will soon (as soon the heat wave breaks).

I have a Gbox too with a actuator so it does use DISEQ commands to move the dish but nothing beyond the Gbox will respond to it. I do have a 4 port switch inline but nothing to switch to at the time.

Anyway, I'm sure you know all of this and I just thought I'd explain my setup, maybe it'll help someone else. Also, I'm waiting to see how you turn out with yours.

My S9 does a great job now (finally), except CW looses PIDs now and then and I have to edit it to repair it (VS Ultra does this too, but I can fix it in the box). I don't know why it does it...seems random. Oh, and my imaginary clock is still imaginary!

So, I am looking at the Manhattan for the living room to move the S9 to the BR, meaning the MH will have to control the dish. Hopefully the S9 will play the MH recordings from HDD as I have a USB HDD on the S9 now, and if I'm recording everything on the MH it would be nice to just plug it in and watch it in the BR if I don't need a burned copy, like the news or whatever (a movie that sucks).

Since the MH hit the market the S9 FW is rolling out almost weekly so I'm gonna go check it even though I'm convinced the clock is a hardware issue that can't be fixed...I'm from Missouri, someone is gonna have to "show me" a working clock before I buy another S9, so the MH is the winner hands down if all the basic stuff just works, and a clock is as basic as it gets!

latest firmware for the s10 fixed the clock, s9 clock is still broken, they say its a hardware problem, but i dont know.
i am still hoping for manual pid input without having to use the editor, but the latest firmware seems VERY good for these boxes (with the exception of the clock on the s9 and no manual pid input on both)

latest firmware for the s10 fixed the clock, s9 clock is still broken, they say its a hardware problem, but i dont know.
i am still hoping for manual pid input without having to use the editor, but the latest firmware seems VERY good for these boxes (with the exception of the clock on the s9 and no manual pid input on both)

As I said I believe it is hardware...if it is I wish they would publish a repair for it. Most people into this hobby could fix it or know someone who could. Sometimes a diode or jumper etc is all that is needed to fix something. If it is loosing power or something...ya know.

It does weird stuff with a powered HDD plugged in. Try it.

From what I hear the Manhattan is almost fully functional with all these problems fixed...just a small motor/disecq problem. When the MH team reads that there are people waiting on these fixes, they will be.

The manhattan supports up to a 2 terrabyte hard disk drive. At the moment I am using a 500 gig that I used to have hooked up to my Pansat 9200. Have a great day!

I like it but it wont work with my Dish and Motor.

When I turn on Motorized Dish I can't get a signal from the dish. Turn off Motorized Dish and signal comes through fine.

Part of the issue could be the DISEQ Swtch built into my LNB, so I ordered a WS741 LNB which uses 22 Khz switching instead. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

(BTW I should note to move my dish I am using a GBOX controller.)
Good luck scott! The 741 can be abit tricky to set up correctly but when it is! both c and ku should work very well for you.

Disabled vet looking to get rid of cox cable and have multiple channels what system can I buy and how much. By the way if it makes any difference I can see a communication tower from my back porch it's about 1/2 mile out.

Yes, external powered HDD. Try it. Then try and turn it off, then back on etc...You have to unhook the drive to turn it off etc.

Hey Stone, does it work good with the HDD? Can a S9 play the files?

I power mine off and on all the time with no trouble. I can turn the box on and power the drive on later also with no problem. I can shut the drive off and leave the receiver on with no problem. So I can't understand why you are having to unhook the drive.

As far as the s-9 files go, Who knows. I don't have a s-9 or s-10. I would not understand however why any company would want to be interchangeable with anothers files. To me that could leave them open to lawsuits. JMHO... Have a great day!

My Solomend won't power down if I have a powered drive (well, one powered drive, it's all I tried) connected to it. Everything stays "on" except the power to the LNB. It was a cheap random-brand drive. I solved the problem by switching to a drive that wasn't so power-hungry. (Actually, I stuck the drive in another enclosure -- apparently it was the enclosure that was power-hungry.)

Yes, external powered HDD. Try it. Then try and turn it off, then back on etc...You have to unhook the drive to turn it off etc.

I have no problems with my S9 on a Western Digital 500 gig Elements desktop powered drive. When I power the receiver off, the drive spins down and powers off.

Different external HDDs have different methods of sensing when a power down should occur, that is probably the issue.

BTW if there is enough interest in this receiver I would be happy to open a Manhattan forum just like we did for the AZbox.

This seems to be a pretty straightforward receiver that doesn't require command line entries and the like. If separate forums are created for every new receiver out there, it would use server resources better allocated to everyone. A new forum means additional database fields, and that means additional money for the servers in the long run. There is a "receivers" section and that would probably be the best place to keep the discussions. Just my $.02 worth.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts