Manufacturer of my 722K's are different

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
I have a program which will scan my network and tell me what is connected complete with MAC address and the manufacturer of the equipment. Well I find the name of the manufacturer assigned to the MAC address of each of my 722k receivers are different. One says Echostar and the other says Sling Media. I am only curious about this as I would expect both would have Echostar as the manufacturer. Did Sling Media actually manufacture some of the 722k's. The thing that is even more curious about this is the 722k that says manufactured by Sling has given me NO problems in over a year, whereas the Echostar manufactured 722k(s) have been replaced at least 5 times and still have some strange behavior problems when compared to the other 722k. I have verified on the internet that the MAC address of each of my 722k's are in fact assigned one to Sling Media and the other to Echostar. Anyone know why this is?
Michael

Maybe Echostar decided to use Sling Media network adapters on newer versions of the 722k. I have a 722k from Echostar for almost 3yrs now and I've had zero issues with it.
I purchased it brand new from Claude @ Dishstore.net.

Sling Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar. Not surprising they might use each other's component stash to build stuff.

I doubt that either was the manufacturer, more than likely they paid the bill for the assembly. Look on the plate on the back of the receiver it will say China/ India/ Mexico this will bring you closer to the actual manufacturer.

Well, Ya nearly ALL electronic devices are made in china but that is not the manufacturer or more specifically the company who designed the thing. I just find it interesting that some 722k's say Echostar is the manufacturer and others say Sling Media. I just wonder why the difference. And if you ask someone at Dish? Well? I did have a contact at Echostar and when I asked him about this he suddenly won't talk to me anymore. Wonder what that is all about? Curiouser & Curiouser!
Michael

MAC address has nothing to do with manufacturer. If I recall, MAC address are sold with groups of 16 million. May be they just ran out of old addresses and started using Sling's mac addresses.

Last edited:
I have a program which will scan my network and tell me what is connected complete with MAC address and the manufacturer of the equipment. Well I find the name of the manufacturer assigned to the MAC address of each of my 722k receivers are different. One says Echostar and the other says Sling Media.
That is ONLY referring to who the MAC address of the network module was assigned to. It has NOTHING to do with who built the receiver. The network module is a component.

Using your logic, my computer was made by Realtek ! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts