Manufacturers of petalized 1.8m(6 foot) dishes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Likvid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
Is there only Fortecstar who makes a petalized 1.8m dish these days?

Are there other manufacturers as well?

Fortec Star has left the North American market, but a few dishes still may be available through resellers. No loss in my opinion as Fortec Star dishes were the cheapest design available from their OEM manufacturer. Fortec Star was not the manufacturer of dishes imported into North America. In recent years, they began in house dish production for the Middle East and Europe. Fortec Star made great STBs and LNBFs, but we refused to carry any of their dish line.

Site sponsor, Galaxy Marketing carries 1.8M prime focus dishes.

Well your dish is made by Jonsa and got the same reference design as the Fortec star and made by dozen other clone manufacturers in China, i would not trust that dish more than any other Chinese made dish.

Only quality made performing dish ever made petalized was made by Alcoa in the USA and IRTE in Italy.

Sorry Likvid, you are incorrect and obviously never owned a GEOSATpro 2.4M. Satellite AV has never sold a Jonsa manufactured dish. I am not a fan of their mounts or finishes. SatelliteAV no longer distributes our 2.4M petal design Prime focus as the market demanded a cheaper product and we do not distribute any products that I would not be proud to install at my home. When we did sell a 2.4M petal design, they were 1.0T galvanized steel with a heavy polycoat finish. Much different than the Fortec Star .6T -.7T with a thin finish that could "evaporate" in a few seasons.

Jonsa can produce great quality dishes if the OEM requests a quality build. I agree with you, the Fortec Star OEM models, which were manufactured by Jonsa were not good quality builds, but they were cheap and sold well.

Once again, this is not a Chinese manufacturing issue. This is the quality of build determined by the market and the OEM distributor. Any level of quality can be built in any country.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)