March Madness package and local CBS substations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
J

jakespeed

Jun 1, 2007
Hey gang,
Second-time poster and while I wait on D* to answer this question, figured I'd toss it out to the knowledgeable folks here.
Considering purchasing the Mega March Madness package but had a question about blackouts. I'm in the Raleigh, NC, area and our local CBS station, WRAL, usually broadcasts a second game over the air on its substation (5-2). My antenna isn't strong enough to pick up that station. I know the main game on WRAL 5 will be blacked out on the March Madness package, but my question is, will the games shown on the 5-2 substation be blacked out too?
Many thanks in advance for your answers.
-Jakespeed

Ddevil

Ddevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 24, 2005
Phoenix
I'm in Phoenix so I can't speak specifically to your station, but I think it's the same across the country. The substation games will not be blacked out.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Actually I think only the primary game for your area is blacked out. Any extra games your station provides should not be blacked out, as they are just extra. The primary game on your main CBS channel will definately be blacked out from the MMM package.

1tufgt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 12, 2007
Yeah, I got a it a couple years ago and the only game that would be blacked out is the primary game.

F

Farn

Sep 20, 2009
Arizona
I could be way off here but did D* show an extra game on Channel 380 or 381 (the East and West coast alternates)? I could be crazy and thinking of Cox Cable when I had that but I figured I'd ask.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I wish our local CBS would show other games. Since its owned by CBS there are no subchannels (which is good most of the time...full HD) :)

J

jakespeed

Jun 1, 2007
Yep, streaming the March Madness on Demand online games onto my TV is a backup plan ... but I'd much rather see them in, as you said, "glorious HD." Plus, the first day or two always is full of bandwidth problems on that website because so many people are watching there.

B

bbixler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 13, 2010
Spring Grove, PA
Anyone know how late you can cancel this package? Not sure if I want to cancel it and watch it online/iphone or watch it in HD.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
Anyone know how late you can cancel this package? Not sure if I want to cancel it and watch it online/iphone or watch it in HD.

i think once the first game starts, you are locked in and can't cancel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.