March Madness package and local CBS substations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jakespeed

Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Hey gang,
Second-time poster and while I wait on D* to answer this question, figured I'd toss it out to the knowledgeable folks here.
Considering purchasing the Mega March Madness package but had a question about blackouts. I'm in the Raleigh, NC, area and our local CBS station, WRAL, usually broadcasts a second game over the air on its substation (5-2). My antenna isn't strong enough to pick up that station. I know the main game on WRAL 5 will be blacked out on the March Madness package, but my question is, will the games shown on the 5-2 substation be blacked out too?
Many thanks in advance for your answers.
-Jakespeed

I'm in Phoenix so I can't speak specifically to your station, but I think it's the same across the country. The substation games will not be blacked out.

Actually I think only the primary game for your area is blacked out. Any extra games your station provides should not be blacked out, as they are just extra. The primary game on your main CBS channel will definately be blacked out from the MMM package.

Yeah, I got a it a couple years ago and the only game that would be blacked out is the primary game.

I could be way off here but did D* show an extra game on Channel 380 or 381 (the East and West coast alternates)? I could be crazy and thinking of Cox Cable when I had that but I figured I'd ask.

I wish our local CBS would show other games. Since its owned by CBS there are no subchannels (which is good most of the time...full HD) :)

Yep, streaming the March Madness on Demand online games onto my TV is a backup plan ... but I'd much rather see them in, as you said, "glorious HD." Plus, the first day or two always is full of bandwidth problems on that website because so many people are watching there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)