Mark Buerle Perfect

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Only the 18th perfect game ever thrown.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290723104"]Tampa Bay Rays vs. Chicago White Sox - Recap - July 23, 2009 - ESPN[/ame]

That was a great catch...and I don't care what anyone says....he MAYBE a homer, but I LOVE "Hawk" Harrelson!!

When someone is pitching a perfect game and everyone who knows about it is rooting for the guy, Harrelson is the perfect announcer.

In every other game I can see why he annoys so many people.

Sandra

Amazing acomplishment!

Mark Buehrle now has a Perfect Game to go along with his previous No-Hitter. If there is a more underrated pitcher in the game, I don't know who it is. Buehrle is a great young talent and is one of the few active pitchers with a shot at 300 wins if he continues on the pace he's going.

Oh, btw, excellent in-game managerial move to make a defensive substitution in CF for DeWayne Wise. What a catch to save the Perfect Game, the no-no and the shutout!

When someone is pitching a perfect game and everyone who knows about it is rooting for the guy, Harrelson is the perfect announcer.

In every other game I can see why he annoys so many people.

Sandra
I agree here. The announcer should be rooting when history is being made or if it is something special.

I would also hope Harrelson would have reacted the same if the opposing pitcher was pitching a perfect game as well.

I agree here. The announcer should be rooting when history is being made or if it is something special.

I would also hope Harrelson would have reacted the same if the opposing pitcher was pitching a perfect game as well.

Why? He is not doing a NATIONAL BROADCAST....he is doing a local broadcast that happens to be picked up nationally by cable/dish subscribers. AND he is an employee of the Chicago White Sox...if I am not mistaken.

Why? He is not doing a NATIONAL BROADCAST....he is doing a local broadcast that happens to be picked up nationally by cable/dish subscribers. AND he is an employee of the Chicago White Sox...if I am not mistaken.

Yes they are. All radio and TV announcers are hired by the teams. I expect my home announcers to be so called "Homers".:D

MLB Network is currently showing a replay of the perfect game for those that have a provider that carries this channel.

Because it sets the tone and makes the game much more exciting. Vinny reacts the same when the opposing team does something special even though it is a local broadcast (which is why Vinny is the best announcer in baseball). Listen to him call Dennis Martinez's or Tom Browning's perfect games against the Dodgers. His call perfectly depicted the atmosphere of the game and made you feel as if you were part of it as well.

Dennis Martinez Perfect Game

"We have reached the bottom of the 9th inning, and now it is happening, what we normally experience at any ballpark when a visiting pitcher is so close to greatness, even the hometown fans come to root for him. He has come too far, he has journeyed too long to drop it." (With 2 out) "Chris Gwynn standing at the plate, Dennis Martinez delivers...Fastball hit JUST foul along the third base line. Foul by a foot, and now the crowd seems to be inspired. It's as if they take it as a sure sign that Dennis will get what he wants, and what he wants is suddenly what they want. 47,224 on their feet. One pitch away from a pitcher's absolute Nirvana. The pitcher's dream: A perfect game. Dennis Martinez ready...Popped deep in the air to center field, going deep on it is Marquis Grissom, he's got it on the track! (Crowd cheers) "Dennis Martinez getting mobbed by his teammates on this 28th of July, 1991, 3:22 pm in the afternoon. Dennis Martinez has reached the ultimate, a perfect game against the Los Angeles Dodgers." "Nothing scratchy, nothing flukey, it was a masterpiece! And with tears pouring down his cheeks, he goes down the steps and into the Expo dugout. What a game!"

Here is the video of Vinny's call. It starts about 1:20 into the clip:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808203251261

Last edited:
What did Buehrle do for an encore?

He took ANOTHER perfect game into the sixth inning, but the Twins broke it up! :eek:

Yep, It would have been nice to see, Allthought the pitch he threw for the walk should have been called a strike, it hit the outside corner of the plate and was below the letters. Not bad allthough, it was an mlb record!

Yep, It would have been nice to see, Allthought the pitch he threw for the walk should have been called a strike, it hit the outside corner of the plate and was below the letters. Not bad allthough, it was an mlb record!

Didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as the No No was broke up by the next hitter.

He set a record for the most perfect innings ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts