The perfect explination of the NFL owners greedy in this labor dispute...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They're all greedy a-holes if you ask me. They need to check out the news and watch some poor bastard running for his life in front of a tsunami...maybe they'd be a little more thankful for the butt-load of good fortune they have...but I doubt it.

:censored: both the NFL owners and players. I won't miss 'em. Let college football thrive (before greed ruins it as well).

BEFORE the greed ruins it? GREED is what is preventing a playoff. But that is for another thread.;)

My felling is that the owners own the teams and the players work for them, both should make as much as they can but the owners still own the teams. If the players don't like how "little" they are making(I would love to make the league minimum) then they can quit and find another job. If you aren't happy with your job do you sue them? You go find another job.

If you are in a union and your not happy with your job you go on strike but you still don't sue them or ask for their books.

IMO the players are well paid to play a game and they should be happy they make that much money. I do think they should fight against 18 games, that is the greed on the owners part, and they should have a salary cap on people coming out of the draft, someone who never played pro football shouldn't make more than people who has played pro football.

Your looking at this wrong, the Players are not asking for more money .... the Owners are.

They're all greedy a-holes if you ask me. They need to check out the news and watch some poor bastard running for his life in front of a tsunami...maybe they'd be a little more thankful for the butt-load of good fortune they have...but I doubt it.

:censored: both the NFL owners and players. I won't miss 'em. Let college football thrive (before greed ruins it as well).

Problem is, the College season is over when the NFL is getting it going and heading into the playoffs.

That said, I HOPE they don't push the season any longer, as in further into Feb, the SB should be in Jan NOT Feb.

NASCAR already pushed the Daytona 500 back next year in anticipation of the SB being moved farther back.

this latest move by the ex NFL players union involving the draft is really classless. let these young men enjoy their draft day. you only get this experience once. to involve these kids in this dispute with the intent of trying to rub it in the commissioners face is really lame imo.

by the way, how great of a move was it to put a guy in charge of the union like (Demaurice Smith) who has never played a football game in his life? much less one in the NFL????? not a good one. and its becoming real obvious

No drug penalties. Hmmmm...that is interesting. We shall see how it plays out. :popcorn
I have to call BS on that article. Many companies that are non-union have drug testing and penalties (such as being fired) for failing the drug tests. And courts have upheld them. In the absense of a collective bargaining agreement, the teams are free to set their own drug use policy.

this latest move by the ex NFL players union involving the draft is really classless. let these young men enjoy their draft day. you only get this experience once. to involve these kids in this dispute with the intent of trying to rub it in the commissioners face is really lame imo.

That's a really sleazy move by the players. :rolleyes:

Sandra

I agree, dont push the draftees not to come. It is a once in a lifetime as the NFL calls it to have your name called on national tv to where you will be playing professional football. I think it is a little hyped up, but if they manage to get a deal before games start that would be something that they would never get back. Now as far as money goes, there is alot of it out there for the number one sport in a rich country...figure it out and make sure you dont stop any games or it will take 5-10 years like any other sport that has went on strike...(example=MLB) Alot of people have stopped watching baseball because of greed and drugs. Again, I dont care which one wins as long as football starts without any stoppage.

No I am in total agreement with you. Sorry my smilie was vague, I was rolling my eyes at the players.

Sandra
i should throw one of those at the players too :D.

Now what I'm really curious about is will they (the soon to be drafted) actually go along with this? Honestly if it were me i would show up. Its my day. The current players should try to remember how special this day was for them.

i should throw one of those at the players too :D.

Now what I'm really curious about is will they (the soon to be drafted) actually go along with this? Honestly if it were me i would show up. Its my day. The current players should try to remember how special this day was for them.

They're being put in a position where they will create bad-will with one side or the other, depending on what they decide to do. Just not fair to put them in the middle of this.

Sandra

They're being put in a position where they will create bad-will with one side or the other, depending on what they decide to do. Just not fair to put them in the middle of this.

Sandra

I agree. I guess its already too late. They should've never been put at this position in the first place. after reading some of the criticism thats going around, the players decided to put out a statement saying "we had no intentions of forcing the soon to be rookies to not go on draft day. Its really up to them. " putting them like you already mentioned in a position to look bad with either side no matter what they do.

Last edited:

by the way, how great of a move was it to put a guy in charge of the union like (Demaurice Smith) who has never played a football game in his life? much less one in the NFL????? not a good one. and its becoming real obvious

That's a really sleazy move by the players. :rolleyes:

Sandra

I agree ....

Remember thou the NFL is only asking about 20 players anyways, that said, I think they should be able to go and enjoy the moment.

I think the Players assoc. will change thier mind before the Draft comes, possibly using this as a ploy to get something.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts