Marvel Agents of Shield News and Links

How Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Rewrote HYDRA's History http://www.cinemablend.com/television/How-Agents-H-I-E-L-Rewrote-HYDRA-History-100037.html
Warning: spoilers for last night's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D episode are ahead!This season, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has had its attention spread across many directions. The last two weeks have been primarily focused on Coulson and the team dealing with the ATCU and rogue Inhuman Lash (who has since been revealed to be Dr. Andrew Garner), while the episode before those showed what happened to Simmons while she was on the alien planet. This week’s “Many Heads, One Tale” started off with Coulson digging up dirt on the ATCU, but it gave HYDRA a bigger chance to shine in the end. The terrorist organization’s new bigwig Grant Ward was treated to a HYDRA history lesson that is not only a giant retcon, but the biggest MCU status quo change on television since the Inhumans were introduced last season.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fall Finale Sneak Peek: Malick Has Bad News for Jemma https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/agents-h-e-l-d-150044342.html
This Tuesday on the fall finale of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC, 9/8c), Simmons shares a snippet of intel with HYDRA honcho Gideon Malick — only to get some very bad news in return.When last we tuned in, Malick (played by Powers Boothe) had deployed a scouting party led by Ward, along with a begrudging Fitz, to the planet to retrieve the mighty Inhuman on the other side. In the exclusive sneak peek above, Jemma (Elizabeth Henstridge) corrects Giyera’s (Mark Dacascos) calculations, if only to assure Fitz’s safe return. Malick, though, has wildly different priorities, as he then makes clear to his captive.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Is there actually still hope for SkyeWard? http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/29/agents-shield-skye-ward-daisy-relationship
Let’s just get this first part out of the way: “Now she’s not Skye and he’s not Ward,” executive producer Jed Whedon says with a laugh.Since the first season, Skye (Chloe Bennet) found her real family, transformed into an Inhuman and discovered that her name is actually Daisy Johnson, otherwise known as the Marvel superhero Quake. Ward, on the other hand, fell deeper down the rabbit hole of darkness, culminating in the cold-blooded assassination of Coulson’s (Clark Gregg) new lady friend Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer), which in turn led to Ward’s death at the (super) hand of Coulson. To top that off, Ward’s body is now being inhabited by a weird Inhuman slug thing.

ABC Confirms Pilot Order For ‘Marvel’s Most Wanted’ – TCA https://www.yahoo.com/tv/abc-confirms-pilot-order-marvel-222340045.html
Paul Lee today lifted, just a bit, the veil of silence that surrounds everything Marvel-related. The ABC president officially confirmed that the network has given a pilot order to Marvel’s Most Wanted, the proposed Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood and revolving around their respective characters Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, aka Mockingbird, and Lance Hunter. The project was actually quietly greenlighted in August but ABC had not acknowledged its existance until today.“We are making it in the next few months,” Lee said during a TCA panel today. “It’s a really good script.”The project, originally developed last season and then reworked after the upfronts, comes from S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producers Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski.Marvel’s Most Wanted is looking to join ABC/Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., which is returning for a third season, and Agent Carter, which again will bridge S.H.I.E.L.D.’s half-seasons with its second installment. Lee today said that he was very happy with the current seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter.

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Clark Gregg Hopes Coulson Meets The Avengers Again https://www.yahoo.com/movies/agents-h-e-l-d-224026751.html
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star Clark Gregg, who first joined the Marvel Cinematic UNIVERSE IN movies like Iron Man and Marvel's The Avengers, says he hopes to cross paths with Earth's Mightiest Heroes again someday."Whether it's at the cinema or on the television, I hope at some point Phil Coulson gets to explain what he's been doing," Gregg told Digital Spy in a new interview.While acknowledging that keeping the big guns segregated from S.H.I.E.L.D. somewhat was important at first to help the show carve out its own identity, Gregg has enjoyed the involvement of characters like Lady Sif and stressed that almost every Avenger has expressed a willingness to drop by during various interviews over the years.

Marvel's Most Wanted is getting a pilot..A pilot for the project centered on Mockingbird and Lance Hunter from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will start shooting 'in the next few months' http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/11/10748196/marvels-most-wanted-pilot
Two of the best characters from Marvel's spinoff TV series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are getting a shot at their own show. ABC executive Paul Lee confirmed that the network is making a pilot for Marvel's Most Wanted, a project focused on S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird — above) and her sometimes-partner, mercenary Lance Hunter. "We're absolutely doing that one. I just announced that we're going to pilot on Marvel's Most Wanted, which is a spinoff," said Lee at the 2016 winter Television Critics Association press tour, according to IGN. "We love the script [...] We think it's going to be great. We're doing that in the next few months."

AGENTS OF SHIELD: THE FALLOUT FROM COULSON'S WARD DECISION WILL BE 'BIG'..Plus, the one person who might relate with Coulson's decision. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01...llout-from-coulsons-ward-decision-will-be-big
After Marvel's Agents of SHIELD's midseason finale left viewers with two big plot twists, the cast and creators of the show previewed to IGN that various characters' decisions will have unforeseen consequences in the episodes ahead.Full spoilers for Agents of SHIELD up through its Season 3 midseason finale continue below.It was a pretty huge deal when Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) killed his former agent-turned-traitor Grant Ward (Brett Dalton) in an emotional decision that Gregg believes "definitely" crossed a line for his character. But that death allowed the mysterious Inhuman living on Maveth to inhabit a new body and make it to Earth, something that none of the SHIELD agents yet know about. IGN caught up with the stars and creators of Agents of SHIELD at ABC's Television Critics Association party and asked how the repercussions of those big events will be felt once SHIELD returns from its hiatus.

Is Grant Ward in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the Villainous Hive? https://www.yahoo.com/movies/fan-fridays-grant-ward-agents-225544068.html
Who is Hive you may be wondering? Hive was a genetic experiment created by Hydra, modified to carry the most “important” traits of the organization into a single being. Created by Jonathan Hickman, who recently finished his magnum opus with the epic Secret Wars crossover, the parasitic villain made his debut in the pages of Secret Warriors, who also debuted in this third season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. coincidentally. Eventually, while Hive was given a seat at the table in the organization of Hydra, it eventually took possession of the recently deceased Lady Viper, creating a new entity to rule named, “Madame Hydra”. While obviously bits and pieces of the origin would need to be changed for this character to work in the television show, there’s still evidence pointing to this being the case.

"AGENTS OF SHIELD" HONEST TRAILER BEGS THE MCU TO SHARE ITS TOYS http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...onest-trailer-begs-mcu-share-its-toys?ref=yfp
The Screen Junkies take on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." in their latest Honest Trailer, which tackles the show's namedropping ways and roster of B-list characters. Relive the first two and a half seasons of the show with Phil "Dead Man Walking" Coulson, Melinda "Not-Tasha Romanoff" May, Grant "Dry White Toast" Ward and more.

NEW INHUMANS ARRIVE IN "AGENTS OF SHIELD" MID-SEASON DEBUT http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/new-inhumans-arrive-agents-shield-mid-season-debut
Though we've not yet seen more than a glimpse of what to expect when "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns in March, the synopsis for the mid-season premiere indicates it will include a few new superpowered faces.The synopsis, revealed via EW.com promises even more Inhumans joining the growing conflict. Though their affiliation remains a mystery, and their identities are unannounced, the description promises they have powers "like [S.H.I.E.L.D. has] never seen before."

ABSORBING MAN RETURNS TO "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD" http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/absorbing-man-returns-to-marvels-agents-of-shield
While the first teaser for the midseason premiere of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." promised new character in the second half of Season 3, there was at least one familiar non-S.H.I.E.L.D. face in the mix: Carl "Crusher" Creel, aka the Absorbing Man.Noticed by eagle-eyed viewers in the midseason return teaser, and confirmed by Comics Alliance, the character will factor into the brewing war between Inhumans and humans. But will it be as friend or foe?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Chaos Theory or Big Decisions Are Made http://news.yahoo.com/tv-recap-agents-of-shield-chaos-theory-or-220141316.html?nf=1
Because they had to after dropping the bomb that Andrew was Lash, we start this episode with the moment where it all started, six months ago after the events of the Series 2 finale. After a perfect vacation in Maui with May, Andrew is back in his office and go through Jiaying’s stuff (bad idea if you ask me). While opening a book, he releases a mist that looks older than the mist release by the crystal. He turns into stone immediately but he had to have alien markers because well, obviously, he didn’t die from it.This flashback is followed by another obvious scene: Coulson and Skye disagree on the methods the ATCU is using to control the Inhumans they find. A third person is on the discussion: Andrew, casually asking to have a one-on-one with Joey, the Inhuman capable of turning metals into liquid. We could start the bets not on ‘will he kill him?’ but ‘when will he will kim?’ while Coulson and Skye listen to his advice and thanks him for his help with S.H.I.E.L.D. Classic scene, no originality whatsoever except for adding a dramatic music to show that Andrew is now one of the bad, bad, guy.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Grant Ward’s New Villain Role Revealed http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-grant-ward-villain-hive/
[This post contains SPOILERS for Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 midseason finale.]The Fall 2015 finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 delivered a dramatic clash between the team and their enemy, the reformed Hydra. The battle effectively switched between action in an ancient British castle and the alien planet Maveth. The episode drew together and resolved several of the various storylines covered in the first half of season 3 and brought a deadly conclusion to a key character. In typical S.H.I.E.L.D. style this conclusion came with a powerful twist, resulting in the surprise creation of a new villain.Although little has been revealed about the new powerful alien/human hybrid, many fans have formed theories about how the villain formerly known as Grant Ward (Brett Dalton) and the mysterious Maveth “Beast” would tie into the comic book material. However, one of the show’s stars has just let this intriguing information slip, dropping the name of a familiar Secret Warriors character.This metamorphosis is not the first time that Ward’s character has undergone a massive change, as he was revealed to be secretly working for Hydra at the end of season 1, taking on the role of nemesis instead of teammate. He has played a major part in several of the team’s conflicts, his most recent betrayal being the revenge killing of Coulson’s (Greg Clark) love interest Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer) — an act which sent the Director on a mission to finish his onetime protege for good, leaving him for dead in the vicinity of a body-snatching alien entity looking for a new host.CBR reported that Elizabeth Henstridge, who plays Agent Jemma Simmons on the show, has discussed Ward’s transformation at Wizard World Portland today and revealed the comic book roots of his new identity — a Secret Warriors character named Hive. With regard to the show’s constantly transforming circumstances, Henstridge said:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s FitzSimmons Are Getting Their Very Own Marvel Crossover http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/7432...s-are-getting-their-very-own-marvel-crossover
Get ready to see Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s FitzSimmons like you've never seen them before.Everyone's favorite lovebird lab rats are getting animated for an upcoming episode of Disney XD's Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Vs. The Sinister 6 and E! News has your first look at Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain de Caestecker's cartoon counterparts! In the March 13 episode of the animated hit's fourth season, de Caestecker's Leo Fitz and Henstridge's Jemma Simmons find themselves wrapped up in the adventure when Vulture's revelation that Doc Ock has a spy inside S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy leads the Web Warriors on a hunt to find the mole. When they confront Dr. Curt Connors, he turns himself into The Lizard and attacks S.H.I.E.L.D. with a venomous bite that spreads like a virus and turns its victims into lizards.

Will Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie Into Captain America: Civil War? Here's What Clark Gregg Says http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...il-War-Here-What-Clark-Gregg-Says-121007.html
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a history with connecting to Marvel Studios’ May movies. Its tie-in with the fallout of Captain America: The Winter Soldier in 2014 took the show in a more interesting and well-received direction, while last year it provided background on how Earth’s Mightiest Heroes found Baron Strucker’s HYDRA compound at the beginning of Avengers: Age of Ultron. This May, we have Captain America: Civil War hitting theaters, and it looks like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will continue the tie-in trend with it, though maybe not necessarily as directly. While he couldn’t say whether there will be clear-cut connections to Captain America: Civil War, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star Clark Gregg did tell TV Line that Season 3 indeed shares several themes with the third Captain America installment, which could lead to bigger things. He explained:

"AGENTS OF SHIELD" SHOWRUNNERS CONFIRM WARD'S NEW VILLAIN IDENTITY http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...howrunners-confirm-wards-new-villain-identity
“As we saw in the midseason finale episode, Ward is back on Earth, but he’s definitely not the same Ward who went through the portal to the alien world,” revealed showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen in a statement. In the episode "Maveth," Coulson shot Ward dead on an alien planet, but Ward's corpse was possessed by the malicious entity that haunted the remote location. They added that their take on Hive “is going to have its own unique twist and be very different from what fans have seen so far. We will see similarities that pay homage to the original character, but fans will see that Hive is taking an exciting new direction in the world of 'Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.The news of Hive's addition to the show first broke as part of an interview with "S.H.I.E.L.D." actor Elizabeth Henstridge. While discussing how Agent Simmons deals with the constantly shifting circumstances of the show's world, Henstridge said "...and now Ward is Hive and takes on the memories of people he's killed, so that's going to have some interesting situations."

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Midseason Premiere Clip: Coulson Makes a Hard Choice http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-3-bouncing-back-clip-coulson/
This new clip from ‘Bouncing Back’ certainly hints that the darker Coulson who emerged following the death of Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer) didn’t go away when he killed Ward in retribution for her death. Certainly, his gruff handling of Fitz’s own conflicted feelings about what happened on Maveth seems to indicate that Ward won’t be the only character on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to take a much darker turn in the second part of season 3.Still, Coulson won’t be the only focus of the show when it returns. A previously released synopsis for ‘Bouncing Back’teased many of the overarching story threads that will resume in the midseason premiere including Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) assembling the team of powered individuals to be called the Secret Warriors, Gideon Malick (Powers Boothe) rebuilding Hydra, and the public’s perception of Inhumans foreshadowing the main conflict of Captain America: Civil War. With so much going on, Coulson will likely provide an emotional arc to ground the other storylines continuing in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 when it returns.

'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' renewed for 4th season, first 2016 teaser released http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...son-first-2016-teaser-released/7541457093063/
ABC has ordered a fourth season of Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. among a slew of others for its 2016/2017 season.Among others renewed are Modern Family, Shark Tank, Scandal, Once Upon A Time, Grey's Anatomy and Black-ish."We're very proud of our strong roster of performers, and we're excited about what they will bring us creatively next season," said ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey.Despite reportedly modest ratings for S.H.I.E.L.D., the network believes the next season of the Marvel spinoff will be "game changing."News comes just in time as the show, starring Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet and Iain De Caestecker, releases the first trailer for its 2016 mid-season premiere, returning March 8.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 Clip Introduces the Inhuman Slingshot http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-3-clip-slingshot/
Since they were officially introduced during season 2, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been dealing with Inhumans and how their presence on Earth affects the human population that the organization is meant to protect. Though the Inhumans were largely kept hidden from the public, that all changed at the end of season 2 when Terrigen crystals were distributed throughout the world in the form of fish oil pills. Season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has seen the team dealing with the unpredictable emergence of Inhumans while Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) has been campaigning to create a S.H.I.E.L.D. team made up of powered individuals.Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is now preparing to return from its midseason break and resume many of its third season story threads, including the tracking down of recently transformed Inhumans. A new clip from the midseason premiere episode, ‘Bouncing Back’, introduces one such Inhuman.Yahoo! released the clip (below) from ‘Bouncing Back’ that introduces Elena Rodriguez (Natalia Cordova-Buckley), an adaptation of the Marvel Comics character Yo Yo Rodriguez a.k.a. Slingshot from the Secret Warriors series. As her name suggests, Slingshot is able to move at super speeds and snap back to her original position. In terms of the character on the show, Elena has been described as “a street-wise Colombian woman given Inhuman abilities.”In addition to the clip, Clark Gregg spoke to Yahoo! about the team featured in the scene, as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. and Coulson’s handling of Inhumans in the second half of season 3:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)