Marvel Agents of Shield News and Links

'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What We Know So Far About Season 3 https://www.yahoo.com/tv/marvels-agents-of-shield-season-3-preview-abc-129761746980.html
Marvel is notorious for keeping a tight lid on spoilers, but we managed to squeeze a little information from executive producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen about what to expect from the new season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.The core conceit of the series has always been about seeing the Marvel Universe from the perspective of a human, and that theme gets magnified this season. “Because we’re now in a world where Inhumans are popping up all around,” Tancharoen tells us, “it shines a light on what it means to be human in that world. All of our characters are trying to get back in touch with their humanity through this season. That’s something we’re looking forward to exploring with each character. And Coulson’s at the center of that.”

AN ASGARDIAN RETURNS IN NEW "AGENTS OF SHIELD" SEASON 3 PHOTOS http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...turns-in-new-agents-of-shield-season-3-photos
With the premiere of the third season of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." less than a week away, anticipation continues to build for the return of Director Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team, as well as the "Secret Warriors" storyline teased since the second season finale. To help amp that excitement even further, ABC has released a new set of photos from the second episode of the season, "Purpose in the Machine."The new photos document Coulson's team continuing the search for Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), who last we saw her was absorbed into a Kree stone, possibly lost forever. Joining the team to help find her is Peter MacNicol's Elliot Randolph, an Asgardian who lives in hiding on Earth (AKA Midgard).

Things We're Ready to See in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 https://games.yahoo.com/news/things-were-ready-see-marvels-040100387.html
This article, Things We're Ready to See in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, originally appeared on Comic Vine.The wait is over. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return on Tuesday, September 29, on ABC. The second season had a pretty cataclysmic ending with the door opened for more Inhumans plus we were left hanging with the fates of some characters.Here's some things we're ready to see in the Season 3 premiere along with some we'd love to see developed during the season.Minor spoilers for Season 2, etc, etc.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Marvel's Inhumans, explained.....Their appearance on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is just one small part of Marvel's grand plan. http://www.vox.com/2015/9/29/9414429/marvel-inhumans-explained
On the last season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., audiences were left with a promise of more Inhumans this season, as the Terrigen Crystals — the material that changes ordinary humans into potential superheroes with fantastic powers — fell into the ocean and slowly but surely trickled into the lives of Inhumans around the world. The show constantly teased these new beings, and tonight's season premiere feels like a definitive pulling of the trigger. The first five minutes of "Laws of Nature" are a kinetic display of special effects and amazing powers as we follow a man who can't control his newfound ability to melt solid matter.But the premiere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is just the tip of a complex, 50-year-old iceberg that began with the legendary Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. The two created some of the weirdest characters seen in comics, and delved into science fiction, caste systems, and the peculiar insanity of a race of people playing with eugenics. Today, the Inhumans have the potential to tell some of Marvel's most complex stories, and represent something far weirder and more interesting than what Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has shown (so far).

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3, episode 1: the show’s new villain, explained.....Meet Lash, the mysterious, chest-busting villain in the season premiere of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D...... http://www.vox.com/2015/9/30/9421319/agents-of-shield-premiere-villain
At this point, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should just be called "Marvel's Inhumans."The show's second season finale left us with a major cliffhanger — Terrigen, a material that creates superhumans called Inhumans, was released into the ocean — that promised the third season would be centered on new characters with extraordinary powers.And the season premiere, "The Laws of Nature" lived up to that promise, focusing on a man named Joe who manifested the power to melt metal with his bare hands. These new characters, of course, present the potential for new superheroes with amazing abilities.As viewers found out, the Inhuman event also presents the possibility of new villains ready to bring on the devastation. A new mysterious villain, looking like a cross between a porcupine, one of Avatar's Na'vi, and a professional wrestler, made his debut."Tell me where to find the Inhuman," were the only words of substance this villain muttered, before zapping a hole into a security guard's chest. We also find out a bevy of dead Inhumans appear to have also met their ends at this man's hands.But the show didn't really explain too much about this villain, his motivation, or his story. We don't even know his name or the extent of his powers. That's understandable, since we are, after all, on the first episode of the third season.But Marvel comic books are a different matter. They've already spelled out his ruthless mentality, examined what drives him, and showed us just how merciless he can be.

‘Agents of SHIELD’ Postmortem: Chloe Bennet on Lash, LGBT Characters and Simmons’ Fate https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/agents-shield-postmortem-chloe-bennet-lash-lgbt-characters-050250576.html
Spoiler warning: Do not read on unless you’ve seen the Season 3 premiere of “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” titled “Laws of Nature.“Agents of SHIELD” crammed plenty of twists into its season premiere, introducing us to Constance Zimmer’s enigmatic Rosalind Price, head of the Advanced Threat Containment Unit, and two new Inhumans — potential ally Joey Gutierrez (Juan Pablo Raba).; and the destructive Lash (Matthew Willig). The episode’s final moments also revealed that Agent Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) is still alive on a mysterious planet after being swallowed up by the Kree Monolith in last season’s finale.Variety spoke to “SHIELD” star Chloe Bennet (aka Daisy Johnson) about her character’s dynamic with Lincoln (Luke Mitchell), suspicions about Rosalind and what’s ahead in episode 302.

"AGENTS OF SHIELD'S" CHLOE BENNET PICKS A SIDE FOR QUAKE IN "CIVIL WAR" & MORE http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...nnet-picks-a-side-for-quake-in-civil-war-more
With the third season of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." set to premiere on ABC tonight, the cast -- including Chloe Bennet, Clark Gregg, Adrianne Palicki and Constance Zimmer -- opened up about where their characters are now standing, including which side Quake would fall on in "Captain America: Civil War," the extent of Mockingbird's injuries, Coulson's struggles to adjust to his new prosthetic hand and more.Bennet told ComicBook.com she believes Quake would side with Captain America in "Civil War." "I think Cap," she shared, "Not just because it's Chris Evans. I think it would be Cap because, I mean, that just makes the most sense. Iron Man is not really for her, you know? I think Daisy's behavior up to this point, and where she’s been means she would go with Cap."She also weighed in season three's new Inhuman threat during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, saying, "Lash is coming and I kid you not, he's the scariest thing I've ever seen... If you're a fan of the comics, you still will be totally surprised. It's terrifying."Palicki offered an update on Bobbi "Mockingbird" Morse's condition to THR. "She's definitely reeling from the fact that her strength is such a definition of her character but she suffered some serious injuries and she has to work with a physical therapist now... She's relearning how to use her knee again and she only has one lung. She still has a long way to go and she's struggling with that. As of now, she's taking over for Simmons in the lab while she's gone. It's hard for her because now, everyone's going out and kicking ass without her and she's stuck in the lab."

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere: Stars on Daisy's New Role, Coulson's (Sexy?) Relationship, Anti-Ward Feelings https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/agents-h-e-l-d-015803694.html
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Tuesday kicked off its Secret Warriors storyline, in which Daisy attempts to rally the newly Inhuman. But one thing is no longer a secret to viewers: whether Jemma Simmons is alive or dead!Here, we recap the biggest changes and revelations from the Season 3 premiere, reveal star Chloe Bennet‘s feelings about Ward and offer a bit of scoop from the actress and castmate Clark Gregg.

What clues to the Marvel Cinematic Universe were hidden in the SHIELD premiere? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/clues-marvel-cinematic-universe-were-165000102.html
One of the things the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been careful about so far is tying events in the movies too closely to events in real life. Even though part of the draw of the original Marvel comics was that its characters lived and worked in the world we recognized, in New York and Chicago and all over the Earth, it was still a world with some big fantasy elements mixed in, heightened.As a result, they've been careful not to use real world leaders in the films, instead creating their own characters. President Ellis (William Sandler) showed up in "Iron Man 3," where he came into direct contact with Tony Stark, and last night, he resurfaced on "Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD," announcing the formation of the Advanced Threat Containment Unit.And why wouldn't he? After all, an evil robot tried to make humanity extinct by dropping an entire country in "Avengers: Age Of Ultron," and that's just the latest gigantic disaster that somehow involved the Avengers or the other characters in the Marvel universe. Thanks to the release of the terrigen into the environment, people are starting to transform into Inhumans all over the world now, unsure what's happening to them, and that's going to keep Coulson and his team fairly busy.

7 Gifts for Fans of Marvel’s ‘Agents of SHIELD’ http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-marvels-agents-of-shield.html/#ixzz3ncOJyuDc
As one of the key pillars of Marvel’s expansive cinematic universe, Agents of SHIELD has been steadily gaining fans and critical acclaim ever since it made its debut over two years ago. The series revolves around the exploits of Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), leader of an elite team of SHIELD operatives who are battling an elusive criminal organization known as Hydra. With a storyline that complements and intersects with the movies set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), Agents of SHIELD addresses many of the questions left unanswered by the films. Now, with the show entering its third season this fall, we thought this would be the perfect time to highlight some of the coolest gear available for fans of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. Here are seven gifts that will make you feel you’re a member of a secret spy organization.

Marvel is making a sitcom on ABC http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/2/9443493/marvel-abc-damage-control-comedy-sitcom-series
Marvel's assault on TV continues — but this time with a sitcom. Variety reports that the comics company is working on a series titled Damage Control, following the misadventures of the Marvel Universe's clean-up crew. Former The Daily Show producer Ben Karlin developed the project, and will executive produce with Marvel's TV head Jeph Loeb.Damage Control first debuted in comic form back in 1988. As a construction company devoted to cleaning up property damaged caused by superheroes and villains, they're overworked and generally under-appreciated. The show will almost certainly take place in the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe, so it's easy to imagine the company having to deal with the fallout from Captain America: Civil War and fellow ABC series Agents of SHIELD.

First Look Images From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, Episode 3: “A Wanted (Inhu)man” http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/images-agents-shield-season-3-episode-3-wanted-inhuman/
ABC and Marvel have today released the first official images from “A Wanted (Inhu)man,” the third episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s third season.In case you couldn’t tell from the title, the focus of the series continues to be on the new Inhumans who are emerging following the events of season two. Bringing superpowers to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. seems like a smart way to keep things fresh, and should help the series better compete with what Warner Bros. are doing with the likes of Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl.Here’s the official synopsis for the episode, which sheds more light on what we should expect from it:

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D: Season 3, Episode 3 Synopsis & Images Revealed http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-3x03-wanted-inhuman-episode-stills/
Season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D just debuted and fresh teasers about upcoming episodes are flowing generously to whet our appetites. The show’s marketing is doing just enough to tantalize fans by sharing prize information about the plots of early episodes, while keeping spoilers about the big storylines safely under wraps.Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ‘s third season will continue to dig into the Inhumans mythos that will eventually be the subject of one of Marvel’s movies, as Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) assembles a team of gifted individuals called the Secret Warriors. We have already seen a glimpse of some of the action from the upcoming second episode, and now an official synopsis and stills from episode 3 have been released.From the images and description unveiled by ABC (via CBM) it can be deduced that this episode, titled “A Wanted (Inhu)man”, will focus on one of the new threats revealed to feature this season: the “Advanced Threat Containment Unit” or A.T.C.U, headed by Coulson’s (Clark Gregg) new witty banter buddy, Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer). With Lincoln (Luke Mitchell) as their target, this should provide some action and give him an opportunity to show off his powers. The other storyline mentioned pits Hunter (Nick Blood) against new Hydra head Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), as he plans revenge for Bobbie’s (Adrianne Palicki) torture. Check out the synopsis and stills below:

'Agents of SHIELD': Daisy Reveals Why She's Building the "Secret Warriors" Team (Exclusive Video) http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-secret-warriors-team-829071
When Dr. Andrew Garner tries to psychoanalyze Daisy Johnson, she reveals why she's so determined to form a team of Inhumans within SHIELD in this exclusive sneak peek.Building a team of Inhumans within SHIELD has been a slow task for Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet)... too slow.Agents of SHIELD kicked off season three with Daisy and her fellow agents tracking down a new Inhuman, Joey (Juan Pablo Raba), who can melt metal just by touching it or being near it. But after safely bringing him to SHIELD's headquarters — and away from Rosalind Price's (Constance Zimmer) ATCU forces who are trying to take him out with lethal force — Daisy is once again informed by Dr. Andrew Garner (Blair Underwood), aka Melinda May's (Ming-Na Wen) ex-husband and psychologist for SHIELD, that the newest recruit for the Inhuman team is not fit for duty.It's clearly an update Daisy has gotten many times over the past few months since the events of the season two finale, as seen here in The Hollywood Reporter's exclusive clip from Tuesday's episode, "Purpose in the Machine." Before Garner can even open his mouth, Daisy says the words for him: "Let me guess, Joey Gutierrez is unfit for action physically, psychologically and emotionally?"

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/07/agents-shield-simmons-return-elizabeth-henstridge
Warning: This story contains major spoilers from Tuesday’s episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Read at your own risk!Just six months later and two episodes into the new season, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. brought Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) back to Earth, though it was a long road getting there.After Fitz (Iain de Caestecker) heartbreakingly stepped into the monolith enclosure in hopes of joining Simmons, he discovered that the Kree Obelisk was actually a portal to a different planet. Coulson (Clark Gregg) then tracked down Asgardian Elliot Randolph (Peter MacNicol), who provided insight by taking Team S.H.I.E.L.D. to an old English castle, which housed a machine that could control the Obelisk.With the machine destroyed after the first try, Daisy (Chloe Bennet) uses her Quake powers to open the portal, which Fitz jumps through and manages to bring Simmons back. But this is not quite the Simmons we used to know. EW hit up Henstridge to get the scoop:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Purpose in the Machine Review & Spoilers Discussion http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-season-3-episode-2-review-purpose-in-the-machine/
[This is a review of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3, episode 2. There will be SPOILERS.] Last week on the season 3 premiere of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the series picked up a few months after the season 2 finale, with Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) leading a team and in charge of intake for newly transformed Inhumans. Meanwhile, Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) faced off with Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer), the head of new government organization the Advanced Threat Containment Unit, or ATCU, who was also tracking down Inhumans. Elsewhere, Daisy, Mack (Henry Simmons) and Lincoln (Luke Mitchell) met a new threat in the form of Lash (Matthew Willig), a powerful Inhuman.The season premiere ended on Fitz’s (Iain de Caestecker) search for Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), who disappeared into the Kree monolith in the season 2 finale; the final scene revealed that Simmons was alive and on a strange planet. This week’s episode, ‘Purpose in the Machine,’ saw the team continue their search for Simmons and for answers about the monolith by enlisting the help of the Asgardian Elliot Randolph (Peter McNicol), who viewers may remember from the season 1 episode ‘The Well.’ Additionally, Hunter (Nick Blood) tracked down May (Ming-Na Wen) in effort to get her help in his mission to find and destroy Ward (Brett Dalton) and Hydra.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3, episode 3: Humans can be so fragile http://www.vox.com/2015/10/14/9526093/agents-of-shield-episode-3-recap
At the heart of Marvel's comic books, and superhero comic books in general, has always been a question of what makes us human. There isn't a clear answer to that. Sometimes humanity is ugly (see: the way humans are portrayed in X-Men); other times it's what makes heroes brave (see: Captain America); sometimes it's the thing that can set us back but also what makes us great (see: Iron Man). The first three episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have coalesced around this idea — questioning what makes us human — with the introduction of Inhumans (pun intended), humans with latent alien DNA that gives them powers when triggered.The Inhumans have an obvious X-Men-esque story. They're feared for the powers they possess, but those powers aren't anything they asked for. Even though these Inhumans can do fantastic things like create earthquakes, wield electricity, or melt metal, they are still human. They die. They love. They feel alone. They're essentially humans who can't go back to their human lives.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: A Wanted (Inhu)man Review & Spoilers Discussion http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-season-3-episode-3-inhumans-review/
Last week’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. took a brief reprieve from the Inhuman politics of the widespread release of Terrigen crystals in order to follow Fitz’s quest to discover the secret of the monolith and recover Simmons from the mystery planet on which she lived for a number of months. The episode also saw Hunter track down May and bring her back into the field in order to aid his mission to bring down Hydra — and exact revenge on Ward in the process.However, this week’s episode, ‘A Wanted (Inhu)man’, returns us to the major conflict established in the season 3 premiere: the ATCU and their hunt of Inhuman individuals. In this case their target is Lincoln, so Daisy, Coulson, and Mack must race to find him before Rosalind and the ATCU. However, given his distrust of S.H.I.E.L.D., it takes more than a few days on the lam before he’s willing to accept their help. Meanwhile, Fitz attempts to help Simmons readjust to Earth and Hunter takes his first steps to infiltrating Hydra.

Promo For Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, Episode 4: “Devils You Know” http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/promo-agents-shield-season-3-episode-4-promo-devils/
With the focus now on superpowers, season three of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten off to a much stronger start than those which preceded it. The Secret Warriors may still be in their infancy, but the team is so far coming together nicely, and Skye has really come into her own as a character following her evolution into Daisy Johnson/Quake.Throw in the show’s mysterious new threat and Ward’s Hydra 2.0, and there’s a lot to be intrigued about in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this year, including comic book villain Lash.While we still don’t know a huge amount about the mysterious Inhuman, our best look yet at him can be found in the promo above, and it’s fair to say that the series has done a great job of bringing him to life from the source material. The hunt for Lash is now on, but as any of you familiar with the villain will already know, Agent Coulson and his team could end up regretting going after him.As well as the promo for “Devils You Know,” ABC has also released the official description for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s fifth instalment, “4,722 Hours.”
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 3x04 Promo "Devils You Know" (HD)...