Marvel Agents of Shield News and Links

Agents of SHIELD Keeps Managing to Overturn Our Expectations http://io9.com/agents-of-shield-keeps-managing-to-overturn-our-expecta-1736421262
Agents of SHIELD is getting into its third season, and by now Marvel’s spy show has covered the same ground a few times. What was great about last night’s episode, “A Wanted (Inhu)man,” was that it kept finding new twists on the familiar storylines.Spoilers ahead...In “A Wanted (Inhu)man,” the main plot has to do with Lincoln, who’s being hunted by the new not-so-covert agency ATCU ever since that hospital massacre. ATCU is willing to put out a Bolo on Lincoln, and even plaster his picture all over the media, to catch him. And meanwhile, SHIELD is tracking him but can’t quite win his trust—and maybe doesn’t entirely deserve it.In the episode’s main subplots, Simmons adjusts to being home after spending months stranded on an alien planet. And even Fitz’s best efforts can’t help her recover. And meanwhile, Lance Hunter and Melinda May continue the hunt for Grant Ward, by going to an underground fight club where Lance needs to win some fights to prove himself to Hydra.

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds An Avengers Actor In Key Role http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Agents-H-I-E-L-Adds-An-Avengers-Actor-Key-Role-92497.html
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is only three episodes into its third season, and already the spy team has a full plate. Their search for new Inhumans across the globe has been impeded by government forces and the mysterious Lash, and HYDRA is slowly rebuilding itself under Grant Ward’s direction. Now, a new player has joined the game, who is being portrayed by Powers Boothe, an actor who’s already graced the Marvel Cinematic Universe.Today, Marvel announced that Boothe will play recurring character Gideon Malick, who is simply described as “a notorious man whose loyalties remain a mystery.” Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb also called Malick “incredibly menacing,” and someone that even Ward would fear. Boothe previously played one of the World Security Council members in The Avengers, but because his face was often obscured throughout the movie (note the picture below, him being the center figure), this will be the first time he’s really seen in the MCU.Marvel didn’t state whether Boothe’s Malick will be a new character or the same individual who appeared in The Avengers, but Screencrush apparently confirmed with the company that Boothe is playing the same character as before. Should that be the case, he would be the first member of that organization to be fleshed out. Boothe’s character wasn’t one of the World Security Council members seen in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but one would imagine that after S.H.I.E.L.D.’s collapse in the 2014 blockbuster, his position might have been compromised.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3, episode 4: The show’s 3 biggest moments http://www.vox.com/2015/10/21/9581253/agents-of-shield-episode-4-recap
Please be warned, this post has spoilers for this season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has felt like a completely different show this season. On the surface, its Inhumans plot offers the prospect of new, fantastic superheroes being introduced (and sometimes killed) each episode. But bubbling below the razzle-dazzle of special effects, there's a more curious, emotional story being told about the fragility of human nature.The two forces came together in the show's fourth episode, "Devils You Know," on Tuesday — the best episode of this third season. Like any superhero show, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has to balance human drama with the visual excitement of energy blasts and chest-crushing monsters, all within 42 minutes. And "Devils You Know" was a taste of how good Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. could be when it manages to do that.The episode centers on two important manhunts, but splinters off into smaller, more intimate stories that test the relationships. Here are the three of the show's most pivotal moments from Tuesday's episode:

First Look Images From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, Episode 5; “4,722 Hours” http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/images-agents-shield-season-3-episode-5-4722-hours/?ref=yfp
The first official images have been released from this Tuesday’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and they focus entirely on Elizabeth Henstridge’s Jemma Simmons as she fights for survival on a mysterious alien world.What exactly Simmons was up to and the kind of threats she encountered while there has been one of season three’s biggest mysteries so far, and it definitely appears as if this instalment of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will provide some much needed answers for anxious fans of the series.Here’s the official synopsis for the episode – titled “4,722 Hours” – courtesy of ABC and Marvel:

‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Fires Up Fans on Social Media: ‘Outstanding,’ ‘Exceptional,’ ‘Best Episode So Far https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/marvel-agents-h-e-l-d-fires-fans-025247595.html
(Spoiler alert: Please do not read on if you haven’t watched Tuesday’s episode of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”)Titled “4,722 Hours,” Tuesday’s episode of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was a pivotal night for one major character, namely Jemma Simmons played by Elizabeth Henstridge.And while Simmons being pulled into the Monolith and taken to the other planet was reminiscent of Matt Damon being marooned in “The Martian,” Henstridge truly made the experience her own.Her out-of-this-world performance was soon lauded on social media, with some fans calling for the actress to be nominated for an Emmy, and others revealing she had brought them to tears.A few fans were also brokenhearted when Simmons stumbled upon Will (Dillon Casey) in fear that it would ruin chances of a Fitz-Simmons romance with Iain De Caestecker‘s character … or even worse, create a love triangle.

Don't Worry, That Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Twist Made Elizabeth Henstridge Scream Too http://www.eonline.com/news/710731/...-d-twist-made-elizabeth-henstridge-scream-too
We finally know why Jemma needs to return to that barren wasteland of a planet she was trapped on for six whole months—and his name is Will.That's right, tonight's excellent episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. revealed that Simmons was not alone after being sucked through the monolith. Instead, she found companionship in another human stranded in the alien land, an astronaut named Will who'd been sent there by N.A.S.A. with three other (now-deceased) space explorers 14 whole years ago. And as we saw, in the six months together, that companionship slowly blossomed into love—a love that was made super-long distance when Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) was able to rescue Jemma (Elizabeth Henstridge) while Will (Dillon Casey) was left behind.Putting the heartbreak he must be suffering aside, Fitz leapt into action to help Jemma with her plan to rescue Will. But what does this mean for FitzSimmons?!"I know! That's what I was screaming when I was reading the script," Henstridge tells E! News. "For right now, they're putting all the issues in their relationship to the side because there's a bigger task at hand and the countdown is on to get [Will] back. Jemma doesn't know what happened to him, she doesn't know if the monster got him at the end, so there's a real time crunch on this one. So there isn't the time to go into the minutiae."

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Finds Its Groove....The Marvel show’s latest episode proves it’s no longer an afterthought compared to the studio’s blockbuster movies. http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...he-storytelling-leap/413071/?utm_source=yahoo
When Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. debuted in 2013, it was pitched as a blockbuster superhero series on the small screen that could tap into the Marvel movies and a rich comic-book universe. At first, S.H.I.E.L.D. fell short of its potential and felt more like a cop show than a sci-fi melodrama, though it eventually found its lane by moving away from villains of the week. Despite this progress, the show’s latest episode, “4,722 Hours,” felt like a quantum leap of ambition; it was the kind of epic tale that a previous generation of viewers couldn’t have dreamed of one day seeing on television.S.H.I.E.L.D.’s improvement has followed the same path as a lot of niche sci-fi shows that initially tried to appeal to a wide audience. Like Fringe, Grimm, or Sleepy Hollow, it first promised to be a series you wouldn’t have to watch weekly to keep up with, with its central characters facing a new supernatural threat every episode. That approach drew yawns from critics and audiences, and so the show revamped its strategy—eliminating the titular agency, having its heroes go renegade, and building out a complex mythology revolving around alien artifacts and an explosion of the superpowered population. Wednesday’s“4,722 Hours” was an impressive mini-movie within this larger arc—and it finally delivered on the show’s grand storytelling promise, proving it’s no longer just an afterthought to the formidable Marvel film franchise.

DECLASSIFYING LASH, SIMMONS' INTERPLANETARY ORDEAL AND "AGENTS OF SHIELD" SEASON 3 http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...lanetary-ordeal-and-agents-of-shield-season-3
Between "Devils You Know" and "4,722 Hours," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." has prompted a few interesting questions and expounded on others: Is Dr. Andrew Garner going to be okay? Who is Lash? And what the heck was that thing attacking Simmons and Will?! CBR combs back over the clues offered so far this season and takes a few educated guesses as to where we're headed.

S.H.I.E.L.D.: Lash's Identity Is Revealed https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/h-e-l-d-lashs-042900937.html
This Tuesday on ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the “human” identity of the Inhuman monster known as Lash was revealed — to the surprise of mayyyybe 10 percent of TVLine commenters?Spooked by what she saw two episodes ago during the transpo van ambush, Daisy was determined to get to the bottom of the beastly Inhuman’s alter ego. Figuring that it’s someone on the inside who could find out the van’s route, Daisy and Coulson first targeted ATCU boss Rosalind Price’s No. 1, Luther Banks.Daisy, Hunter and Mack tailed Banks, but Hunter got impatient and approached the guy in broad daylight — though while wearing a bandana! — and iced him. Then when Daisy needed a blood sample, Hunter slugged the guy good, before depositing Banks’ body back in his car.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Just Revealed Who Lash Is & SPOILER Is Relieved the Secret Is Finally Out http://www.eonline.com/news/712753/...spoiler-is-relieved-the-secret-is-finally-out
We should've expected something was up when Andrew somehow survived that convenience store explosion relatively unscathed at the start of tonight's episode, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fans. His explanation was a little too, well, convenient.
And that's because—SPOILER ALERT: Look away now if you haven't watched tonight's episode yet—Dr. Andrew Garner (Blair Underwood) is the man who's been morphin' in to Lash while we weren't looking. Ever since the Inhuman who's hunting Inhumans was introduced in the season premiere, Daisy (Chloe Bennet), Coulson (Clark Gregg) and the team have been on trying to determine just who this killing machine is. And while the mystery will live on a bit longer for most of them, May (Ming-Na Wen) and the audience were finally let in on the secret. Well, those who the audience who hadn't already pieced it together, that is.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s biggest twist yet: spoiler is Lash http://www.vox.com/2015/11/3/9666516/agents-of-shield-garner-lash
There are spoilers about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. here. Please leave if you don't want spoilers.No one saw that coming.For the past few weeks, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been teasing the existence of a villainous Inhuman named Lash. He's been a stranger since "arriving" on the scene in the season three premiere; the only concrete things we knew about him were that he enjoys busting holes in people's chests, and that his name is Lash. In Tuesday's episode, "Among Us Hide," we were thrown a monumental curveball when we learned Lash's secret identity — he's Dr. Andrew Garner (Blair Underwood), a trusted (former?) ally of S.H.I.E.L.D and May's ex-husband.The reveal — which came by way of Werner von Strucker (Spencer Treat Clark) — is a major game changer, crumpling everything we thought we knew about both Lash and Garner up until this point. Garner isn't as calm or as good as we thought he was, while Lash is perhaps even more evil. And now that we know Lash's identity, it makes his killings, his motive, and this show more confusing than ever.

Marvel’s ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Casts Mark Dacascos In Recurring Role http://deadline.com/2015/11/marvels-agents-of-shield-mark-dacascos-recurring-1201610536/
EXCLUSIVE: Hawaii Five-O alum Mark Dacascos has booked a heavily recurring role on ABC’s Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Dacascos will play Giyera, the head of security for S.H.I.E.L.D.In addition to his role as villain Wo-Fat on CBS’ Hawaii Five-O, Dacascos played the Chairman on Food Network’s long-running Iron Chef America competition series. His other TV credits include Mortal Kombat and Chicago P.D. He’s repped by Global Artists Agency and Mary Putnam Greene Management.

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD PREVIEW: MELINDA MAY CONFRONTS ANDREW.....May tries not to lash out at her ex-husband in this exclusive new scene. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11...Feed:+IgnMoviesArticles+(IGN+Movies+Articles)
Last week's Agents of SHIELD ended with a big reveal, as Melinda May (and those of us watching) learned her ex-husband Andrew was in fact the monstrous, Inhuman-killing Lash.IGN has an exclusive look at the next episode of SHIELD, as May (Ming-Na Wen) returns home and confronts Andrew (Blair Underwood) with this disturbing new information. But will he own up to the truth? Check out the scene:

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is Adding A New Member http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Agents-H-I-E-L-Adding-Member-97387.html
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 has introduced a lot new characters, from ATCU head Rosalind Price to Ward’s HYDRA competitor Gideon Malick. However, the lineup with S.H.I.E.L.D. itself has stayed the same. All of the key players from Seasons 1 and 2 are still out keeping the world safe from unusual threats, but they’re about to get some help from a member working in a different branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. Hawaii 5-0 actor Mark Dacascos has been brought on as an important official. Dacascos will “heavily” recur this season as S.H.I.E.L.D.’s head of security Giyera, implying that we’ll be seeing a lot of him in the coming months. Deadline didn’t go into more detail on what this role will entail, but presumably Giyera is in charge of making sure the main S.H.I.E.L.D. compound is secure from outside threats. The description for Episode 8, titled “Many Heads, One Tale,” lists Dacascos among the cast, so we’ll see him debut on November 17. In addition to being an actor, Dacascos has a background in karate and kung fu, so you can bet the Marvel series will take advantage of his martial arts skills for at least a few action sequences. Warning: spoilers for this week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode are ahead!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clip: Agent May Confronts Doctor Garner http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-andrew-garner-lash/
The Inhumans have been a major presence in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. this season, with both Director Coulson’s team and a government task force known as the Advanced Threat Containment Unit trying to track down individuals who develop Inhuman powers. Unfortunately for the Inhumans, they are also being hunted by one of their own in the form of the murderous Lash.Jaws dropped last week when Lash’s true identity was revealed in a twist that few were expecting. Fans knew that there would be fallout from this revelation, and a new clip gives us a glimpse of how that fallout will occur.The clip from the November 10th episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. features Agent Melinda May confronting ex-husband Andrew Garner about her suspicions concerning Lash. The confrontation escalates quickly, with Agent May piling more evidence that she found against Dr. Garner’s denials. The revelation that one of Lash’s victims survived and was able to tell her about the connection between Garner and Lash is the final straw; Garner turns quickly, drawing a gun on May as the clip ends.Part of the reason that the Lash reveal was so surprising is that Lash doesn’t have a secret identity in the comics. He is the leader of an Inhumans faction who believes that only the strongest Inhumans deserve their powers and should be allowed to live. Of course, this isn’t the first time that Marvel has changed a character origin to incorporate a twist into Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; similar techniques were used to establish Mike Peterson as Deathlok and Agent Skye as Daisy Johnson/Quake. While many suspected that Lash’s origins would be revealed as the season went on, few could have guessed before last week that Lash would be a character who’s been around since Season 2.

"AGENTS OF SHIELD'S" UNDERWOOD DID NOT SEE LASH TWIST COMING http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/agents-of-shields-underwood-did-not-see-lash-twist-coming
Blair Underwood has done it all over his career. The accomplished actor racked up television credits on "L.A. Law," "In Treatment," "Dirty Sexy Money," "The New Adventures of Old Christine," "The Event" and 2013's short-lived "Ironside." His movie roles include "Deep Impact," "Set It Off" and "Rules of Engagement." As if that weren't impressive enough, Underwood snagged the lead part in 2012's Broadway revival of "A Streetcar Named Desire." However, he'd never ventured into superhero territory -- until "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."Underwood plays Dr. Andrew Garner, a highly respected Neurologist and Forensic Psychologist recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D. to evaluate super-powered individuals such as Daisy/Skye (Chloe Bennet). He was also previosuly married to Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen). Last week's episode dropped a major bomb on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, revealing Andrew's dual identity as Lash, an Inhuman powerhouse serving as judge, jury and executioner to his own kind.Ahead of tonight's new episode, "Chaos Theory," Underwood spoke to CBR News about being kept in the dark about Andrew's split personality, tapping into classic themes, the rocky road ahead with May and the ultimate fate of Lash.

How Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is setting up Captain America: Civil War http://www.vox.com/2015/11/11/9712872/agents-of-shield-season-3-episode-7-recap
There are spoilers for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in this post.Captain America: Civil War — Marvel's next big blockbuster — is still about six months (five months, 25 days) away, but that isn't stopping Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from laying a foundation for it. Tuesday's episode, "Chaos Theory," was solid — the action scenes were fun, and there was a bit more superhero excitement than usual — but the most fascinating part was seeing how the show is already incorporating the premise of Civil War.Conceived by writer Mark Millar, Civil War is a story about how government and security function in a world that bends to the will of superheroes. It comes down to the question of how you keep superheroes in check and non-superheroes safe while preserving everyone's rights. Some heroes see the necessity of some kind of regulation (namely, a registration process), while others feel that regulation would encroach upon their freedom. In the comic books, and in the upcoming movie, this difference of opinion causes a schism within the Avengers.Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. used its current Inhuman storyline to sow the seeds of that idea.Rosalind Price (Constance Zimmer) believes the Inhumans should be put into a state of stasis (similar to a medically induced coma), while Daisy/Skye/Quake (Chloe Bennet) thinks it's inhumane that they're being treated more like objects and experiments than humans. Both perspectives make sense, and both have their drawbacks. But everything comes down to how much faith you have in humanity."For every Daisy Johnson, there's a Lash," Price coldly tells Daisy, bringing this point home.

COULSON ASSEMBLES HIS "AGENTS OF SHIELD" IN NEW PHOTOS http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/coulson-assembles-his-agents-of-shield-in-new-photos
Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) brings his team together -- his entire team -- as S.H.I.E.L.D. prepares to take the fight to Hydra in the first photos from next week's episode of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."Meanwhile, Hydra's new leader, Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), continues to get cozy with Powers Boothe's Gideon Malick, the head of the World Security Council and Hydra sympathizer.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. first look: Fitz and Simmons take the next step http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/agents-shield-fitz-simmons-relationship-spoilers
Spoiler alert! The long-awaited moment FitzSimmons fans have been hoping for since the scientifically brilliant yet socially awkward duo first charmed their way into our hearts on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is upon us.After more than two seasons of will-they-or-won’t-they, Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) take the next step in Tuesday’s episode. “Their relationship will visibly change forever,” executive producer Jed Whedon tells EW. “Their chemistry is something that was conceived, in creating the characters, as two people who are inseparable. We talked about many different versions of that before casting it — they’re like brother and sister who are always bickering and they complete each other’s sentences, drive each other crazy and are totally co-dependent.”

'Agents of SHIELD' promises major changes for Fitzsimmons https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/agents-shield-promises-major-changes-220400946.html
The chemistry, the compassion, and the love between Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz can be felt in every episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Not only do they finish each others sentences (and sandwiches) but they have been friends for ages and still remain friends now. But after all they've been through, the big questions remains, will they ever say "I love you"?In a recent interview with EW, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen said that "Their relationship will visibly change forever" in this week's upcoming episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.". "We care very much about this unrequited love story that we’ve built since the beginning. This is the episode where they both will express their feelings finally about everything that’s gone down."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)