Marvels Agent Carter

Marvel's 'Agent Carter': Hayley Atwell, Writers, Showrunners Confirmed for ABC Drama

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/marvels-agent-carter-hayley-atwell-671839

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01...es-reaper-creators-would-serve-as-showrunners

At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, after months of reports about the project, ABC finally gave official confirmation that they are working on a potential Agent Carter TV series, which would star Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter, the character introduced in Captain America: The First Avenger.

I thought the Marvel One Shot - Agent Carter short film was great, I would love to see this go to series. I like it being set back in the 40's to 50's time period and I think Dominic Carter would be a great addition to the show too as Howard Stark.

Okay, they are really mining the side characters from Capt. America and Avengers for Marvel shows on ABC . Shield has already turned out to be very boring and has no big superheroes in it. Now Agent Carter , a 1940s woman with NO super abilities will be doing what? Sounds boring too. I liked her in the movie but I don't see how watching a period piece about woman agent in WW2 would be any good. Especially since I am sure that she will never run into any superheroes of merit in her line of work either. After all Capt. America doesn't get thawed out till our time. She would be dead and gone by then.

Okay, they are really mining the side characters from Capt. America and Avengers for Marvel shows on ABC . Shield has already turned out to be very boring and has no big superheroes in it. Now Agent Carter , a 1940s woman with NO super abilities will be doing what? Sounds boring too. I liked her in the movie but I don't see how watching a period piece about woman agent in WW2 would be any good. Especially since I am sure that she will never run into any superheroes of merit in her line of work either. After all Capt. America doesn't get thawed out till our time. She would be dead and gone by then.

Actually she isn't.

That's the problem with most of today's tv viewers, all they want is action and destruction. No one can just enjoy a good story with some action and adventure that doesn't involve blowing up a few dozen skyscrapers and a few thousand vehicles. With the popularity of the Marvel One Shot -Agent Carter, I think it will go over pretty well as a limited 12 episode season. 22 - 24 episodes is really to long for today's tv audience. There are too many breaks in the story and too many alternatives to start watching when a show takes a 4 or 5 week break. This is where Hulu and Netflix have started to excel, by picking up UK and Australian series that only run 12 episodes a season, but US nets wont pick up because of the short seasons.

Actually she isn't.

That's the problem with most of today's tv viewers, all they want is action and destruction. No one can just enjoy a good story with some action and adventure that doesn't involve blowing up a few dozen skyscrapers and a few thousand vehicles. With the popularity of the Marvel One Shot -Agent Carter, I think it will go over pretty well as a limited 12 episode season. 22 - 24 episodes is really to long for today's tv audience. There are too many breaks in the story and too many alternatives to start watching when a show takes a 4 or 5 week break. This is where Hulu and Netflix have started to excel, by picking up UK and Australian series that only run 12 episodes a season, but US nets wont pick up because of the short seasons.

I really doubt that this series will do even as well as Agents of Shield is doing in the ratings and that isn't saying much ,since Shield has dropped in ratings since the debut episode. Most are hanging around to see if it gets better. I need more than a pretty face in a tight skirt, running around in the 40s or 50s. If she is connected to Marvel, I want to see some name brand super heroes interacting with her ,just like I wanted to see in the Agents of Shield, which has never happened yet. Secret agent stories are boring and so cold war and very dated. I need both story and Action with sky scrapers blowing up etc. I want both or it just seems uneven. I doubt that her show will live up to the movie, her character was taken from.

Well get over it an move on then, cause you are not going to see any superheros. Why anyone ever expected that, I don't know. AoS is doing exactly what it said it was going to do. Be a companion piece to the Marvel universe exploring mysteries from a human perspective.

Reactions: Annie61
Well get over it an move on then, cause you are not going to see any superheros. Why anyone ever expected that, I don't know. AoS is doing exactly what it said it was going to do. Be a companion piece to the Marvel universe exploring mysteries from a human perspective.
Exactly. The focus was never supposed to be on superheroes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I guess that is why I haven't liked either show idea then . LOVED the Marvel movies, but the tv series lacks all that I go to the movies for.
Harder to keep a show with super heroes going for the long haul. Keeping it as normal agents is better for longevity.
And quite honesty, that's what the original SHIELD comics were. Normal Nick Fury going around doing secret agent stuff. It was a fairly non-super hero comic. And with fairly solid ratings (even opposite NCIS), Agents of Shield will easily keep going.
As for Agent Carter, we'll see, but I can see it doing as well.

Sweet, I'd love to see this as a series.

IF this is the way the show is going to be I can definitely see it doing well . I LOVE stories about hot women who can kick ass and take names. Especially those with a British accent. :DShe reminded me a bit like the old Wonder Woman character in action-except I never saw Lynda Carter kick men in the crotch like she did. :eek:I will definitely give this show a chance and see if it stays this good. It felt a bit like the movie Capt. America, which I really liked.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
'Captain America's' Dominic Cooper to join 'Agent Carter,' says Hayley Atwell

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/agent_carter_dominic_cooper_hayley_atwell_captain_america_marvel-2014-06

According to "Marvel's Agent Carter" star Hayley Atwell, Dominic Cooper apparently did not hesitate to join the new ABC/Marvel TV series. In a new interview, Atwell confirmed Cooper's involvement in the project.

Cooper played Howard Stark, father of "Iron Man's" Tony Stark, in "Captain America: The First Avenger." It makes sense he would reprise the role, as Howard and Peggy Carter worked together in the founding of SHIELD (at least, according to what fans learned in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier").

agent-carter-435.jpg

Next Episode: S01, E02 (2-Hour Premiere)

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"Pilot; Bridge and Tunnel":
When Howard Stark finds himself being framed, he reaches out to Peggy to help him clear his name, empowering his butler to help her as needed; when a weapon falls into enemy hands, Carter is the only one who can get it back.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)