Marvels Agent Carter

Thought it was just OK. Wasnt blown away by Ant Man either, reminded me of green lantern, which I liked, but it's done made it incompatible with other DC properties.

Just excited to see new marvel stuff

FAR better than I expected. Quite entertaining and well written. My guess its' rating will be better than Agents'. As for male chauvinism, hey, it's a period piece!

Edit: Ratings were better than Agents mid-season finale.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
I found it a bit heavy handed in the male chauvinist area. I hope they have made their point and downplay it now.

FAR better than I expected. Quite entertaining and well written. My guess its' rating with be better than Agents'. As for male chauvinism, hey, it's a period piece!

Edit: Ratings were better than Agents mid-season finale.

Er,it's called "blatant sexism(Sorry I had to do that;))." It's was ok,I think they overdid the "file this for me,get me some coffee,this isn't a place for ladies,etc." We get it,we got it during the intro. Of course you can also look at this as if Agent Carter is operating under a secret identity using the sexism/chauvinism of the day to hide behind.

Of course you can also look at this as if Agent Carter is operating under a secret identity using the sexism/chauvinism of the day to hide behind.
And to use to her advantage, which she did numerous times.

It was part of the time period and part of what Agent Carter deals with on a daily basis, so it will remain in the writing.
It's also what she uses to her advantage in operating in the field secretly,rather than standing on her desk openly condemning the male attitudes of the day. I can see that too.

I did love the running gag of the Captain America radio program always playing in the background to annoy Agent Peggy Carter. Don't worry Peggy,it's 1946,it shouldn't be that long before TV takes over & you don't have to hear that silly show again. You'll just have to put up with Milton Berle,which is a hell all it's own.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I like how Howard Stark is based on (and looks like) the original Tony Stark from the comics, complete with butlet Edwin Jarvis, who also appears like his original comic counterpart.

I did love the running gag of the Captain America radio program always playing in the background to annoy Agent Peggy Carter. Don't worry Peggy,it's 1946,it shouldn't be that long before TV takes over & you don't have to hear that silly show again. You'll just have to put up with Milton Berle,which is a hell all it's own.
After posting this I actually looked up when they started broadcasting TV. Apparently broadcast TV started in 1946-47 with only two broadcast Networks broadcasting,NBC & DuMont Television Network,& to very few locations on the east coast,but New York City should have been in that location. Good News,she wouldn't have to put up with Milton Berle for another 5 years at least. Hey,maybe they can pass Milton Berle off as a Leviathan agent,especially when you think of all the irreparable damage he has done to our nation(just ask SNL's Lorne Michaels).;)

Next Episode: S01, E03

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Time and Tide":
As Agent Carter gets closer to Stark's stolen technology, her secret mission could be unraveled by an SSR arrest.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)