Marvels Agent Carter

Ratings usually start on the high side. We'll see if they can keep them unlike AoS, Revolution, etc. were unable to do. Not sure how many will find a period drama worthy of keeping. I liked it. Didn't think it was spectacular, but entertaining.

S~

Last edited:
Hopefully they have it planned for a complete story arc in the episodes they are showing now. Then, if it does well enough to come back as a series they can do a new one.

According to the producers and Haley Atwell in one of the promo articles, the story arc is supposed to end with the original Marvel One Shot

I read that too. I had never heard of the One Shot before that.

There is sure more they can do if these first episodes are popular enough. The beginning of SHIELD should be good for a few stories and it fits in with the current Agents of SHIELD show.

I read that too. I had never heard of the One Shot before that.

There is sure more they can do if these first episodes are popular enough. The beginning of SHIELD should be good for a few stories and it fits in with the current Agents of SHIELD show.

This is the Agent Carter One Shot, if you haven't seen it.

I did thanks. :thumbup

The whole Marvel world was unknown to me prior to watching Agents of SHIELD.

Have you caught up on the movies? Far and away better than SHIELD.

Yep, I like Shield and Agent Carter so far but some of the movies are amazing. Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Avengers are the clear standouts to me. If you haven't seen any of them, Iron Man 1 is kind of a good starting point. There hasn't been one I didn't like yet but Captain America 1, Iron Man 2, and both Thor movies are on a lower tier than the rest for me.

I enjoyed Thor more than most, as he was my favorite character growing up.

Iron man 1, winter soldier, GotG, and Avengers (not in that order) are probably the best ones out of the group. IM2 and 3 are so so. Cap 1 I enjoyed.

Have you caught up on the movies? Far and away better than SHIELD.

Yes, after an episode or two of SHEILD, I hit google and discovered there was a bunch of back-story in the movies, so I spent the next couple of days catching up on the complete movie catalog. All excellent. Agent Carter inspired me to go back an re-watch The First Avenger again last week.

I enjoyed Thor more than most, as he was my favorite character growing up.

Iron man 1, winter soldier, GotG, and Avengers (not in that order) are probably the best ones out of the group. IM2 and 3 are so so. Cap 1 I enjoyed.

Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed all of them. Those are just the ones I liked least. I was going to suggest that @klang check out some of these movies on Netflix but I just checked and none of them are currently available for streaming. That's a bit weird because I think they all were at one point (outside of the newest, Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy) and I thought Disney recently signed a deal with Netflix to make them their premium channel movie distributor instead of HBO or whoever used to do it.

Yes, after an episode or two of SHEILD, I hit google and discovered there was a bunch of back-story in the movies, so I spent the next couple of days catching up on the complete movie catalog. All excellent. Agent Carter inspired me to go back an re-watch The First Avenger again last week.

Ah, never mind. From your original post I thought you hadn't seen any of the movies.

My favorite Marvel films are Avengers, Thor 1, CA Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1. I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy, which I had never heard of before, and liked it a great deal, but I don't consider it part of Agent Carter's Marvel Universe anymore than I would the Amazing Spider-man movies with Andrew Garfield, which are decent, but not great.

I was a bit bummed Netflix pulled all the Marvel movies from steaming. I wanted to go back and watch the first Captain America after seeing Winter Solider earlier this year. I ended up catching the last 15 minutes of it on some cable channel, so those movies are out and about on "free" TV. Now that I'm watching Agent Carter, I really want to see that whole movie again. Avengers was on Netflix as recently as a week or two ago. It's always in my "Watch Again" recommendations, but I see it's been pulled now too. I hope the licenses for all those movies get renewed in time for Age of Ultron.

My favorite Marvel films are Avengers, Thor 1, CA Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1. I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy, which I had never heard of before, and liked it a great deal, but I don't consider it part of Agent Carter's Marvel Universe anymore than I would the Amazing Spider-man movies with Andrew Garfield, which are decent, but not great.
The spider man movies are not, but Guardians of the Galaxy are very much part of the same marvel cinematic universe, and will play a big part leading up to the third and fourth Avengers movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)