Marvels Agent Carter

I've been using the Watch ABC app too, since I get 1080p out of it and our local affiliate likes to keep pop ups on the screen. Most of this weeks episode was squished with school voting results on the screen :mad:

Last night's ep was nothing short of Terrific! They really ramped up just about everything. One of the best hours of TV I've seen in some time.

... If this show gets another season, I hope by then she'll be rightly recognized as the top agent in the agency or even make "chief."

This has just become a distinct possibly. After she saves New York, if not the world, from the Leviathan apocalypse (whatever it is), who else will the agents turn to to lead them? By the way, did Agent Carter's writers "steal" the curse from the first half of this season's Once Upon a Time storyline?

The Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter is supposed to be the destination of this series. I'm hoping they continue on to the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reactions: Zookster
Very disappointed in the finale, if you could call it that. The show was OK but there was no true climax, nothing really got resolved, both bad guys are alive and well and one of them is still on the loose. If I'm going to watch an 8 part mini-series I want some finality to the plot at the end, not a self-made lead-in to a sequel. I'm not interested in seeing the same bad guys next season, if there is a sequel, so it's unlikely I would tune in. Just my $.02

Very disappointed in the finale, if you could call it that. The show was OK but there was no true climax, nothing really got resolved, both bad guys are alive and well and one of them is still on the loose. If I'm going to watch an 8 part mini-series I want some finality to the plot at the end, not a self-made lead-in to a sequel. I'm not interested in seeing the same bad guys next season, if there is a sequel, so it's unlikely I would tune in. Just my $.02
I heard they will restart it next year same time from where it was left off if they renew it!! :)

I thought it was fine. Enjoyed every minute of it. Peggy got closure in her loss of Captain America. The scientist and mind control set up the events that were shown in Winter Soldier with Dr Zola's conscience being uploaded to the computer as part of Hydras long game of infiltrating and taking SHIELD down from the inside.

Reactions: Zookster
I thought it was fine. Enjoyed every minute of it. Peggy got closure in her loss of Captain America. The scientist and mind control set up the events that were shown in Winter Soldier with Dr Zola's conscience being uploaded to the computer as part of Hydras long game of infiltrating and taking SHIELD down from the inside.
Not sure how that's relevant to this particulat mini-series. I doubt the producers were trying to figure out how to tie in this series to a year old theater film and I seriously doubt very many viewers were sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see whether Peggy would have closure with Steve's (apparent) death, especially since we all know he didn't die. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the series, it's just that the non-climactic ending left a bad taste in my mouth. It's clear they were wedging a door open for a followup series with that weak ending but the problem is, at least for me, I'm not interested in watching another 8 shows where they chase the same bad guys and possibly have another non-climactic ending with an eye on a 3rd series. Not my cup of tea.

Not sure how that's relevant to this particulat mini-series. I doubt the producers were trying to figure out how to tie in this series to a year old theater film and I seriously doubt very many viewers were sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see whether Peggy would have closure with Steve's (apparent) death, especially since we all know he didn't die. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the series, it's just that the non-climactic ending left a bad taste in my mouth. It's clear they were wedging a door open for a followup series with that weak ending but the problem is, at least for me, I'm not interested in watching another 8 shows where they chase the same bad guys and possibly have another non-climactic ending with an eye on a 3rd series. Not my cup of tea.

Well every review this morning agrees with me. The audience may know Captain America survived, but in the time period of the show, they didn't know that and that is part of their lives as the show takes place within a few months of the end of the first Captain America movie, and yes the entire Marvel Universe on tv and the movies is tied together. Winter Soldier set up events that altered Agents of Shield, Agents of Shield is setting the scene for the Inhumans, which will appear in Avengers 2 and in the Inhumans Movie that is scheduled. They are using Agent Carter to fill in the blanks for that 60 years of history between the Captain America 1 and 2, hence they were thinking of how to tie into that year old theater film.
I prefer shows with an actual story and not stand alone murder of the week themes, so if it it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a nice change from the blood, guts, gratuitous sex just for the heck of it shows that seem to be the thing nowadays.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Why would they (Producers) not want to keep the door open for another season? I thought it was good, though not as intense as last week's Introducing Dr. Zola (Tobey Jone's) at the end was intriguing and was very Marvely. I really like Tobey.

I also felt there was enough of a climax in the finale. The whole Leviathan thing got resolved, hundreds of thousands of lives were saved, Peggy got her big fight with Dottie (aka Ida) and won the second round, and we now see the seeds for the re-emergence of Hydra (as others have pointed out). Not to mention we saw Peggy get the recognition she deserved, at least from her fellow agents. And now without the CA baggage, she's ready to move forward to the next stage of her secret agency career and possibly love life.

YEAH!!!!!!!
Renewed for second season. ABC made the right move...keeping entrenched in the Marvel Universe. And, a damn good show!

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)