MASN now in HD

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
bf3000 and many others have been waiting and Dish has added MASN HD. Two channels 432 and 433 (MASN2)

Also mentioned in the uplink report. I know many don't go there.....

Not too shabby.Still have never figured out why we get masn down in NC but I'll take it!HD will certainly be welcomed come college football season.

They gave you the channel, now you want the game in HD too? :D

Sorry for this newbie-like question, but this is my first experience with having my local RSN in HD. Right now the guide data for MASN HD and MASN2 HD just says 'MASN HD' and 'MASN2 HD'. How early before a game broadcast do they typically update the guide if the game is going to be on in HD, or do they not update the guide and I just need to check at gametime to see if anything is on that channel? Thanks!

With NESN you can see it in the guide, and it starts 1/2 hour before the game, and shows in the guide 1/2 hour before. So for tonight, the SD guide shows all the pregame shows (NESN has at least an 1 Hour pregame, sometimes up to two hours) Then 1/2 hour before game time the HD guide has the game showing.
It is not out of the question the guide does not reflect the HD games yet so take a look when the game begins.

With NESN you can see it in the guide, and it starts 1/2 hour before the game, and shows in the guide 1/2 hour before. So for tonight, the SD guide shows all the pregame shows (NESN has at least an 1 Hour pregame, sometimes up to two hours) Then 1/2 hour before game time the HD guide has the game showing.
It is not out of the question the guide does not reflect the HD games yet so take a look when the game begins.

Thanks!

Sorry for this newbie-like question, but this is my first experience with having my local RSN in HD. Right now the guide data for MASN HD and MASN2 HD just says 'MASN HD' and 'MASN2 HD'. How early before a game broadcast do they typically update the guide if the game is going to be on in HD, or do they not update the guide and I just need to check at gametime to see if anything is on that channel? Thanks!

The only drawback I noticed when I had Dish was the HD feed started (as noted above) a 1/2 hour or more before pregame. So if you want to record the game you get the pregame too.
Example the Twins play at 7
SD feed shows "Twins Live" at 6:30 and the game at 7
HD feed shows game starting at 6:30

The worst example is the BIg10 overflow games. Dish would put the pre-game in the listing too so if the game started at 11:00 the HD feed kicked in at 9:00AM

Iceberg said:
The only drawback I noticed when I had Dish was the HD feed started (as noted above) a 1/2 hour or more before pregame. So if you want to record the game you get the pregame too.

The worst example is the BIg10 overflow games. Dish would put the pre-game in the listing too so if the game started at 11:00 the HD feed kicked in at 9:00AM

You're saying it like you don't want to sit through two hours of useless talk about the game you'd rather be watching. Actually, i hate sports talk too. Rather be watching the game. To sum it all up: +1.

NOT what I get. HD feed starts at precisely at 7:00, game time. Always has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)