Master Reset for Sharp Aquos

oldsatdude

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2011
edge of footprint
Does anyone know the button sequence for the Sharp Aquos LC-C4655U to do a master reset or get in to the diagnostics screen? My tuner seems to be corrupt and will not tune two channels of off air DTV. I have tried the reset in the menu but the same results. The host channels are strong signal levels and I have tried removing the amp to see if that had any influence.

Seems Sharp Aquos TV's are getting a lot of complaints these days.:eek:

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Are there any firmware updates for the TV out? Digital tuner fixes seem to be very common firmware fixes thes days.

oldsatdude

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2011
edge of footprint
Yes, I checked the web site and there is a firmware update that is newer than my current one. Seems the set is no longer supported by them.

What was weird was after two days of playing with all the antenna configurations and external converter, the channels just re-appeared. We watched them for a few days and now they are gone again. I was also wondering if the station was having issues with the mapping information on the channel carrier but my other sets tune the stations just fine.

I think the firmware update is in order.

I still would like to know if there is any type of button sequence for diagnostics or master reset if anyone out there can post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts