Masters in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

windicornr

Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
Was it me and my TV or was the picture quality from the D broadcast of yesterdays round of the Masters worse than last year? It was hard to tell the HD from the standard shots. Some of the shots even had ghost images. I was embarrassed to show my friends after I bragged at how good it was last year.

What's going on? Is D compressing this signal till it looks like a dried up prune or has CBS downgraded their equipment????? Obviously something is going on!!!!

And the UHD feed was even worse on Thursday and Friday, plus the audio feed was so out of sync it looked like an old Japanese scifi flick!

I have a feeling it was more CBS than D*. That's not saying much because I think D* HD is not much to write home about. When CBS would switch to the studio, the HD really shined.
Also I think some of the cameras out in the field were not HD cameras. You could really tell the difference in the quality drop when they switched to them.

It must be D*, I watched it on UHD on Thursday and Friday over VOOM and the PQ was excellent and did not notice any audio problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)