MAVTV off of DISH

Never watched it but would be a good place to put a another movie channel that shows all no-commercial movies like a few others on the EPIX package in all HD!

If they aren't going to add any interesting content, don't add any more movie channels. The stuff that most of them are playing is not very interesting.

MAV TV programming was relatively unique and in that, it was superior to most of the replacement suggestions I've seen.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Why would you add blockbuster at home just for MavTV when the outdoor sports package cost significantly less(isn't it $4 compared to $10)... Were you also interested in the movie channels that come in the bb@home
They gave it to me for $5 a month for 6 months and I was interested in checking out the Crime & Investigation channel (downgraded from AT200 and lost ID).

Reactions: fhsucade07
I beleive the OSP is half for 6 months also... Which would be $2, still a savings... So you wanted more channels than just that.

I beleive the OSP is half for 6 months also... Which would be $2, still a savings... So you wanted more channels than just that.
We had that deal and it had just run out. We had BB@H free for the first 3 months of contract, then got the $2 outdoor pack for 6 months and last week before the races my husband wants to see started up, asked for another deal on one of the mini packages that carried MAV. The rep I chatted with said they weren't able to offer the $2 one again. In any event, BB@H is canceled now too. If it weren't for these silly moto races he loves, I'd be happy with something like Sling to round out our Netflix and Amazon accounts.

Chatted with a rep today about the possibility of downgrading from Hopper to a 211 and weighing it. Would require losing our 8 months or so into this contract, but could keep bill at around $20 and have basics and see what new TV services/streaming options develop in the meantime.

Chatted with a rep today about the possibility of downgrading from Hopper to a 211 and weighing it. Would require losing our 8 months or so into this contract, but could keep bill at around $20 and have basics and see what new TV services/streaming options develop in the meantime.
I am just curious, can you keep a Hopper if you downgrade to Welcome Pack? (I am assuming that is the $20 package Freckle was referring to.) I have Welcome Pack, and the last time I asked Dish about upgrading to a Hopper, they would not upgrade me.

I am just curious, can you keep a Hopper if you downgrade to Welcome Pack? (I am assuming that is the $20 package Freckle was referring to.) I have Welcome Pack, and the last time I asked Dish about upgrading to a Hopper, they would not upgrade me.
It's my understanding the Welcome pack isn't a package you can get a new Hopper installed on (upgrade or new customer), but you can downgrade to it with an existing Hopper. We are downgraded to Select and with the first 12 month promotional credits, it comes out to about $20 now.

You cannot upgrade without minimal qualifying programming(dish America or higher) but once a upgraded with minimal qualifying programming you can downgrade your programming after that.

people have been talking about adding it since NOVEMBER, if they were going to add it, it would be up by now. this exceeds even dish's version of soon.

Reactions: dishrich

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)